Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Peter Mueller to PTO

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Btw the cost of a potential yes potential top pairing D according to Elliott Freidman is an elite forward

Hence Hall for Larsson

He also said when Chia offered RNH for Matt Dumba the Wild wanted more

Are u kidding me

Better to draft and develop - if we had Seguin still we might have been able to get Larsson - who is good. Yes good not great and only last year was a healthy scratch

Which is a great reason to not overspend, but also damning when considering the Dougie return.

IMO Don's tenure so far has been pretty manic. Some really good things and really bad things. Questionable 1st round choices followed by outstanding later rounds. Really awful trades followed by some pretty good ones.

All evens out to the team being meh but future looking potentially brighter and me being pretty lukewarm about this era on the whole.

Not impressed, not ready to declare him the worst GM of all time, but the longer it takes to improve the team on the ice, the further it's going to tilt one direction.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Which is a great reason to not overspend, but also damning when considering the Dougie return.

IMO Don's tenure so far has been pretty manic. Some really good things and really bad things. Questionable 1st round choices followed by outstanding later rounds. Really awful trades followed by some pretty good ones.

All evens out to the team being meh but future looking potentially brighter and me being pretty lukewarm about this era on the whole.

Not impressed, not ready to declare him the worst GM of all time, but the longer it takes to improve the team on the ice, the further it's going to tilt one direction.

Sensyshyn JFK & Lauzon for Hamilton

Theft by Sweeney

In 3-4 years I'm going to be bringing up all those Sweeney got nothing threads every day

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Sensyshyn JFK & Lauzon for Hamilton

Theft by Sweeney

I concur...Love what I'm hearing about all three of those prospects. I will add being from St.Catharines watching the Ice Dogs and knowing folk who worked at the arena there was never anything good to say about Dougie's attitude. Mostly negative. Not going to miss him and anxious to see how his replacements make out. :nod:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Just curious is Dougie Hamilton really good or going to be? Is 3 first round caliber prospects really way under value?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If somebody like me, who has no idea what he's talking about, can see that Seids was done and they can't, then speaks even more to how **** they are at evaluating their D.

Anyways, getting off topic. Mueller will be a perfect replacement for Hayes if Hayes is out of the lineup. And by that I mean a soft American with 1 ~20 goal season over 6'.

Somebody like you? The guy that knows down to the dollar how far apart the B's and Marchand are on contract negotiations?

:laugh:

Nostradamus, Seidenberg's game was not based on speed, so him losing a step after surgery would not have been the end of the world. In addition, the guy is a monster in the gym, and I'm sure was rehabbing like a fiend. The injury he suffered can take more than a year to recover from, so the fact that he didn't look great to begin the season was not overly alarming. I thought he looked better towards the end of his first season back, and had a chance to come all the way back the following Fall. After a month or so, it became apparent (to me anyway) that he was not going to be able to continue on the top 4, let alone top pair.

I don't fault the B's much for thinking that he could at least play 2nd pair, even after the surgery. Hindsight is 20-20, but things would have been far different if Chia had traded Boychuck instead of Sides. No way of knowing he was going to get hurt the way he did.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
Just curious is Dougie Hamilton really good or going to be? Is 3 first round caliber prospects really way under value?

I live in Calgary and watch Dougie alot.He is better then anything on Bruins backend right now.As for Bruins take in trade We shall see to be fair.Might be a steal might not.We are here watching and hoping these kids get here soon as possible while Bergeron etc say goodbye to their prime years.Its not evening out if you ask me.But you might be right and Don pulled off a great trade..Myself ,I see a team caught in the middle that is not the worst but not good enough to win Cups.In the middle is worst place to be to me.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
I don't know any of the management team so how you can say I don't like them is beyond me. It is their performance thus far that hasn't given me much confidence in their competence.

With respect to the #1 dman issue, I get that they don't want to bargain from a position of weakness. No one does. But the situation is what it is and the other GMs know it just as well as Don Sweeney does. From what I have read here there really isn't a true can't miss #1 defenseman prospect in the Bruins organization nor is there an available UFA that could fill the role now. So he has to make a deal and yes the price will be painful. How is continuing to put it off going to make it less painful? For all we know injuries could decimate the D (hello #54) and then his trading position would be even weaker.

As for the prospects- big whoop. So many of them never live up to expectations or even make it to the NHL. A few may develop into nice NHL players but nothing to write to the HHOF about. Yeah it is always good to have more rather than fewer prospects but I'm not dumb enough to think all or even a few of these guys are going to rescue this franchise.

I know I sound like a cranky old lady. But dammit I am fed up with what I see as the seeming return to the old ways of Bruins ownership & management. Remember, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you're wrong ;)

Jeremy Lauzon is max 1 year away from being a Bruins regular D.
His upside is top-4 no problem.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

That's a completely subjective valuation of those prospects, they could just as easily turn out to be three second round or worse caliber prospects.

I would however wager that if any top flight Young d man was available for a 1st and 2 2nds That Sweeney would have made it without second thought by now

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That's a completely subjective valuation of those prospects, they could just as easily turn out to be three second round or worse caliber prospects.

I would however wager that if any top flight Young d man was available for a 1st and 2 2nds That Sweeney would have made it without second thought by now

I'm thinking of going after Hamilton in the sim but not sure what to give up.

Do you think Hamilton will be a Norris trophy winner, number 1, team canada top 6.

Thanks

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Do you think Hamilton will be a Norris trophy winner, number 1, team canada top 6.

Thanks
Forget Hamilton just draft Senyshyn JFK and Lauzon

You're welcome

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Forget Hamilton just draft Senyshyn JFK and Lauzon

You're welcome

I drafted Lauzon.

i have Krug and probably get him for Krug and Lauzon but seems to much

I need a right shot top 4 and not sure if I would give up Krug for him- I like Krug more personally but trying to project Dougie is tougher than I thought

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

dougie can be as good as dougie wants to be imho... ive seen his talent. ive seen his size. i know hes got all the book smarts in the world to learn the system

where the make or break happens is the passion to play through the hurt... the willingness to bleed on the ice in order to win the game.

i think dougie wanted out because he realizes soft players become whipping boys in boston. i think dougie has already decided that collecting 5 mill a year for being a 45-50 point second pairing dman is good enough for him... putting out a 75% effort and coasting by on slightly above average results is good enough.

to me this is like a jay bouwmeister or glen wesley situation... although both those guys eventually became defensive specalists.

if dougie ever decided to employ his effort 100% i think he could become a larry robinsonish type guy... but i seriously doubt it will happen.

if anyone thought it would happen, sweeny would have got a better offer. edmonton reportedly bulked at offering darnell nurse so i dont think there was any taylor halls being offered for hamilton

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I drafted Lauzon.

i have Krug and probably get him for Krug and Lauzon but seems to much

I need a right shot top 4 and not sure if I would give up Krug for him- I like Krug more personally but trying to project Dougie is tougher than I thought

Well, you can make an offer for Trouba but it would take more than Krug and Lauzon.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I live in Calgary and watch Dougie alot.He is better then anything on Bruins backend right now.As for Bruins take in trade We shall see to be fair.Might be a steal might not.We are here watching and hoping these kids get here soon as possible while Bergeron etc say goodbye to their prime years.Its not evening out if you ask me.But you might be right and Don pulled off a great trade..Myself ,I see a team caught in the middle that is not the worst but not good enough to win Cups.In the middle is worst place to be to me.

last time we built a defense from scratch we did it by...

throwing a max contract at the top dman available

then we found a middle of the pack dman in florida they thought was too expensive for their own needs but we had a plan

we grabbed a malcontent out of the ny rangers locker room

we picked up a journeyman guy from calgary

we took a reject from colorado system that was developing slowly for them... another from the columbus farm system

WE DID NOTHING FROM OUR DRAFT IRONICALLY ENOUGH

draft picks like lars jonson, matt lashoff, mark stuart, shonne morrison were all long gone by the time our cup winning d was put together

other than chara... not a single one of these moves was celebrated here. we were too busy complaing about brad stuart and paul mara not working out

its fashionable for us to want young sexy names but we are living proof a very good defense can be assembled on the dq. and not all hometown prospects workout

lets hope a colin miller becomes a second coming of boychuk. lets hope we can find another seidenberg or ward that another team cuts bait on.

lets hope krugs offense gets more impressive...

this d could turn around quick. and a good goalie and strong support from forwards helps alot

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I'm just trying to understand the logical acrobatics required to truly believe that Trouba, Dumba or Larsson is worth SUBSTANTIALLY more than Hamilton at the same age given he played as or more important minutes, has same or better physical tools, and produced double the amount at the same age.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I'm just trying to understand the logical acrobatics required to truly believe that Trouba, Dumba or Larsson is worth SUBSTANTIALLY more than Hamilton at the same age given he played as or more important minutes, has same or better physical tools, and produced double the amount at the same age.

Double the amount?
Same age: Hamilton 22g, 61 a, 83 pts
Trouba 23 g, 49a, 72 pts

Trouba is better defensively. Not saying he's worth substantially more, but he certainly hasn't produced only 1/2 as much as Dougie.

member 96824

Thanks

As the owner of Hamilton and an occasional HF reader this summer, I feel like your offer will be stunning, but I'm just not sure in which way :laugh:

Speed Shooter

Fly. Don't look, just fly.
Jul 6, 2010
God's Country

So overwhelming bad in full scope the one or two good things (Lucic deal & Belesky) are grossly overshadowed.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
How bout that Mueller signing, huh?!

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Double the amount?
Same age: Hamilton 22g, 61 a, 83 pts
Trouba 23 g, 49a, 72 pts

Trouba is better defensively. Not saying he's worth substantially more, but he certainly hasn't produced only 1/2 as much as Dougie.
Jacob Trouba 22 yo season - 81 games 21 pts

Dougie 22 yo season - 72 games 42 pts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad