Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Peter Mueller to PTO

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
So he did end up in Providence. Maybe he can find his game down there.

http://theahl.com/game-summary?game_id=1015911

Also noticed Bartkowski on the game sheet

Mueller got the games only goal w/Bart and DeBrusk on the assists. Good to give DeBrusk a decent linemate.

Im pretty much expecting Bart to be playing over Colin and McQuaid sooner rather than later. Got in 80 games for Vancouver last year. Points in both games. Mueller couldn't look worse than Hayes and Heinen have. He might get a shot at some point.

Wonder if McIntyre ends up being our backup.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Mueller got the games only goal w/Bart and DeBrusk on the assists. Good to give DeBrusk a decent linemate.

Im pretty much expecting Bart to be playing over Colin and McQuaid sooner rather than later. Got in 80 games for Vancouver last year. Points in both games. Mueller couldn't look worse than Hayes and Heinen have. He might get a shot at some point.

Bart does not have a contract with the Boston Bruins. He only has one with the Providence Bruins.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Bart does not have a contract with the Boston Bruins. He only has one with the Providence Bruins.

He can be signed to one at any time.

Likely a 2 year deal with the expansion draft coming up and him meeting requirements. We will likely give Colin and McQuaid a long look before this happens. Another team could come in for him if he keeps up good play in the AHL.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
He can be signed to one at any time.

Likely a 2 year deal with the expansion draft coming up and him meeting requirements. We will likely give Colin and McQuaid a long look before this happens. Another team could come in for him if he keeps up good play in the AHL.

The guy couldn't even get a NHL PTO, the Bruins currently have 3 other options with McQuaid, Miller, and Miller possible to meet the expansion requirements which only 1 has to hit. Bart was signed for AHL help because both O'Gara and Carlo are in Boston. I bet he's not even on Sweeney's radar.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Wow talk about AHL grass being greener.

Mueller? Bartkowski? McIntyre as back-up? You must really not like Boston's current players.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Wow talk about AHL grass being greener.

Mueller? Bartkowski? McIntyre as back-up? You must really not like Boston's current players.

Nah I don't mind the team but we are in transition and K Miller is out another month and Carlo is 19. Right D men are a big question mark.

OGara, Morrow, Colin, and McQuaid all question marks and aren't that much better. Proven guy who knows our system and played 80 NHL games last year. How many of those guys played 80 NHL games?

Khudobin shouldn't be letting us down and giving up softies a game after Rask gives up easy goals early. Subban isn't improving. That leaves McIntyre as the other option behind Rask.

Bergeron and Vatrano returning with no other injuries should keep Mueller off the team. I don't think Mueller would ever be called up to play in a checking role. But he could be given a couple games with Krejci instead of us promoting Nash or Acciari to the top line and instead of a Heinen or Debrusk who might need AHL time.

2 OK options who don't require trading an asset for.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
List of Players who should see ice time in Boston before Matt Bartkowski:

Chara
Krug
Liles
Carlo
O'Gara
Colin
Kevan
McQuaid
Morrow
Cross
Ehrhoff
Bergeron playing both center and defense at the same time

wandk128

Oct 14, 2008
I thought Bartkowski looked serviceable last year, but I only saw a dozen games or so of his. I was surprised nobody gave him a look

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Mueller will probably be in Switzerland by next month. Too bad, because with Griffith gone PBruins really need a guy who can finish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad