Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Peter Mueller to PTO

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
So, what did you think? I saw some flashes, but not a lot of urgency to his play. At his age and with his experience level, he should have been the best F out there, and I don't think he was.

That's probably fair. I thought he showed some really good things, but certainly didn't dominate. I think he did enough to stick around camp, but he'll have to do more to justify signing him.

I do like that he said he'd be willing to take a 2 way contract and play in the A if necessary.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
So, what did you think? I saw some flashes, but not a lot of urgency to his play. At his age and with his experience level, he should have been the best F out there, and I don't think he was.

This is where I am at. Mueller has a lot of trouble maintaining intensity. When he is motivated, he has the skill to be highly effective. But eventually he falls off and becomes invisible. It isn't injury related, he has always been this way.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
This is where I am at. Mueller has a lot of trouble maintaining intensity. When he is motivated, he has the skill to be highly effective. But eventually he falls off and becomes invisible. It isn't injury related, he has always been this way.

Sounds like Jimmy Hayes.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I thought Mueller had some nifty passes setting up plays near the blueline crossing into the zone. The offensive vision is there. I don't know if the motor and/or the will is there though.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I thought Mueller was one of our better forwards in the first half of the game, but as the intensity of the game picked up, he seemed to fall back in the pack. So yes, intensity, stamina, drive...all those things need to be improved on.

In terms of size and skill, there weren't too many players on the ice that had him beat.

I hope he has a strong camp and pre-season, because I do like his game and I like the idea of him signing to a two way deal. That flexibility can come in very hand when and if injuries occur.

I know this is off-topic and old hat...but I am still totally perplexed by how huge, yet ineffective Jimmy Hayes can be. The kid skates as hard as he can from end to end and then lays this pathetic body check on players significantly smaller than he is...and they appear are unfazed.

It's like he wants to pillow fight or something.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Won't the real Peter mueller please stand up. Please stand up.

Peter! please effin stand up, like for a whole shift!! Sheesh.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Lets take it easy with Meuller.

Guy is competition for Hayes and a very interesting peice to making the young Providence Bruins team good. A lot of important young prospects will be playing on it but are super yuong we don't want the team to suck and miss the playoffs hes a good addition for that alone.

His good NHL play came when he was 19/20 none of our prospects are close to where he was at their age. First preseason game doesn't really mean anything.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I know this is off-topic and old hat...but I am still totally perplexed by how huge, yet ineffective Jimmy Hayes can be. The kid skates as hard as he can from end to end and then lays this pathetic body check on players significantly smaller than he is...and they appear are unfazed.

It's like he wants to pillow fight or something.

Wonder if he has to play a certain amount of games so that he is eligible to be exposed to the expansion draft? With all the NMC's and us clearly wanting to keep Beleskey around and knowing we have to expose some guys who qualify it could be really really ugly if we are forced to play him no matter what.

Don't want to root against the kid and there's time to turn it around that contract isn't that big but even if he starts hot and has a good 10 games little faith he doesn't disappear for the next 20.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Wonder if he has to play a certain amount of games so that he is eligible to be exposed to the expansion draft? With all the NMC's and us clearly wanting to keep Beleskey around and knowing we have to expose some guys who qualify it could be really really ugly if we are forced to play him no matter what.

Don't want to root against the kid and there's time to turn it around that contract isn't that big but even if he starts hot and has a good 10 games little faith he doesn't disappear for the next 20.

Nash and Hayes meet the requirement. No need for Mueller on this team, one gooey soft forward is enough.

Duguay

Stay at home Forward
Mar 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I wish the B's had signed Jiri Hudler and I hope Mueller plays in Providence for most of this year.

If he gets 4-6 games here this year, I'd be good.

Duguay

Stay at home Forward
Mar 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Mueller is signed to a PTO. The B's are under no obligation for him to play in either PRO or BOS if he underwhelms in camp.

No complaints here. PTO's are well worth the exercise. I still wanted to see Bergeron and Marchand play with Hudler. I think that line would have been great.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Nash and Hayes meet the requirement. No need for Mueller on this team, one gooey soft forward is enough.

Mueller if he makes the team is not at all comparable to Nash, and very little to Hayes. If he make the team it is because he is able to show those top 6 offensive skills he flashed early in his career before the injuries. Nash and Hayes are 4th line type guys (Sadly maybe 3rd line)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Best player from your team tonight against the Red Wings.

Coud have had several goals from great (Spooner-feeded) chances, but Coreau was great on the net.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Not perfect think he ends up in the close but no cigar range.

Reminded me of Jagr with the looks and not cashing in some decent chances.

I do think there is a perfect compromise to give him a generous 2 way deal with a hefty AHL salary around 2-300k for a couple years.

Versteeg at the minimum might be a good call with Vatrano out.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
How does it work? He obviously wasn't even offered to play in the AHL. Was that an option? Would he not take that if offered so he can play in a different league?

I wouldn't have minded him being in Providence.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I thought he showed some skill, but looked timid on the puck. Fell down a lot. Stayed down once he fell.

Nice hands and stick skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad