Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Mitchell Miller to ELC

Bruins sign Mitchell Miller to ELC

• Never going to cheer or be a fan of Mitchell.

Votes: 38 16.5%
  • I'm ashamed to be a bruin fan today / what was Management thinking?

Votes: 84 36.4%
  • High Risk High Reward - I believe in redemption / 2nd chances / bruin organization will help him.

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • I want to puke.

Votes: 44 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
I can't get my head around this. I really can't. Was someone different at the wheel for this decision? This goes against EVERYTHING this team looks for to acquire a player.
I wasn't a bad kid, just naive, but I honestly believe it was in my 30's that maturity kicked in.
A 21 year old saying he's changed after all that he'd done... I just don't believe it, and I just don't understand how we could sign him. So disappointing.

Reactions: inactive user

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Again, are you suggesting he should have broken the terms of his probation or, after that was done, dropped by to chat with a person he tormented so he could cleanse his conscience and be as pure as most of us internet denizens are?

I will say up front, the possibility Miller is a complete asshole certainly exists. But once he entered the criminal process for his actions, a lot of high minded avenues of making things right were denied to him. And given his age at the time, it's nearly impossible to imagine him not falling into trap of thinking it was him being screwed here, really, leading to wrongheaded resentment that takes work, time and maturity to see as delusion.

Given what he did, what the victim went through, what was likely percolating in Miller's head, the best thing for all involved was for Miller to be punished and never see nor contact that family again. The mother won't like it. The victim won't be magically purged of his memories of that abuse. And Miller won't get to join us perfect, guiltless internet saints and hate on all the evil, disgusting people that aren't like us at all.

But the abuse is done, the abuser punished and victim has closure. If Miller isn't a shit, he should donate some of his salary to anti-bullying causes, then we can all hold hands and find someone else to hector.
Don’t think this is an “internet saint” thing and i’m in no way gonna stick up for this kid, but agree to disagree.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Man idk about this. On one hand it's hard to crucify what some kid did when was in 8th grade. But man, what he did was truly disgusting. I'm all for 2nd chances when they're deserved, just not sure if it's deserved in this case...

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The studio crew last night after the Bs game couldn't stop gushing about the Bs leadership and culture of integrity that players like Chara and Bergy built. Bs were getting abnormally huge amounts of love from the national media.

Then management goes and makes a shit decision such as this? Look, I get that kids bully and get bullied. I spent nearly 3 decades of my life dealing with the mental health of both bullies and kids that got bullied. Sometimes bullying is as simple as hanging out with the wrong crowd for a period of time. Sometimes it's a phase based on what's going on in the kid's home life. I can definitely say, though, that bullying someone for 7 straight years is not a phase. It's a major red flag for a personality disorder, as is not taking accountability for antisocial behavior.

This asshat still refuses to take full responsibility for his shit behavior. He is interested in one thing and that is his hockey career.

Incredible that DS admits the Bs leadership questioned the move and even DS says it could be the wrong move. WTH? You are in first place in the entire league with great vibes going. This move is just plain idiotic,

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Man idk about this. On one hand it's hard to crucify what some kid did when was in 8th grade. But man, what he did was truly disgusting. I'm all for 2nd chances when they're deserved, just not sure if it's deserved in this case...
It was said that it wasn’t just the 8th grade, the abuse started years before and it got worse overtime.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Anyone have the email of Sweeney or the ownership that we can send emails to?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Okay so you disapprove...we get it. Who are you anyway?
You disapprove of two guys fighting and have been after Frederic for 3 years but are ok with a POS like this being given a chance by the Bruins? C'mon, we don't agree on how hockey should be played but you have always come across as thinking and reasonable, supporting Miller is neither

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I’m not bye any means implying what he didn’t wasn’t terribly bad ,of course it was it was disgusting,but I have a family member who has worked for years with troubled,delinquent whatever you want to call them kids.Many who have gotten their acts together,and believe me ,what this kid did was mild to what some of them did.Now yes some never grow up or smarten up,but I think basically ending a kid’s career isn’t appropriate either.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan

Yeah.

Why???

Nothing in this makes any sense
i am not understanding this either..this is odd and a distraction plus i think puts a real negative spin on the organization...is a 4th round pick worth this? ( i know the round picked should not be a factor) With all the stuff going on with Hockey Canada, why attract this attention to the organization...weird

Reactions: BB88

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
What the kid did was beyond disgusting.

I don't think what you do as a 14 year old should ruin your career, but I do think it should have ruined his hockey career. Tons of other careers out there, where you aren't a 'public figure'.

What a bad message from the Bruins

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
8th grade I say yes 2nd chance I know its putrid what he did. But 8th grade is a factor here . If this was done last year then no way.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
The better angels of my soul would like to reserve judgement until I hear or read the views of the victim and his family, and whether or not Miller has committed any transgressions in recent years.

I'm finding this difficult to do.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
i am not understanding this either..this is odd and a distraction plus i think puts a real negative spin on the organization...is a 4th round pick worth this? ( i know the round picked should not be a factor) With all the stuff going on with Hockey Canada, why attract this attention to the organization...weird
I’m not defending this whatsoever - not one iota - just responding that he’s a first round talent. Went in the fourth because of his past. Again, not advocating for him at all.

Reactions: Budddy

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Guys will go after him if they have a chance. He won’t survive in the NHL.
I'm sure the Providence players are really looking forward to getting to know him, maybe they can make him roommates with J.D. Greenway

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I do think people deserve a chance at redemption. We've all done things in the past we wished we could take back and for a lot of us, we're lucky enough to never have those in the public spotlight and just have to deal with our own conscious.

I just wish his redemption story didn't have to be with the Bruins. It's just a bad look all around and one I'd rather not see us deal with. Is the organization really that desperate for a RD? Is it really worth potentially upsetting the core?

Reactions: The don godfather
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad