Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Mitchell Miller to ELC

Bruins sign Mitchell Miller to ELC

• Never going to cheer or be a fan of Mitchell.

Votes: 38 16.5%
  • I'm ashamed to be a bruin fan today / what was Management thinking?

Votes: 84 36.4%
  • High Risk High Reward - I believe in redemption / 2nd chances / bruin organization will help him.

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • I want to puke.

Votes: 44 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmon1313

Feb 7, 2020
He's the dude who made the mentally challenged kid drink toilet water, right?

I don't know about this. The mojo in this team has been so good this year you don't want to bring bad vibes. Heard he's a good player though.
1667580339023.png

Knight

Oct 7, 2010
Generally clueless on this whole situation, but wasn't this kid a psychopath way back when he was in 8th grade?

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
whyyyy

relentlessly bullying a disabled kid and forcing him to eat candy you put in the toilet isn't "dumb kid stuff". That's straight up psychotic and isn't worth the effort of the boston bruins to try and rehabilitate. everyone is sorry when a pro contract is on the line. it took him years and losing his career to apologize to the parents. kids a punk.

Last edited:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Like what’s the goal here? Team is 10-1, the vibes are fantastic and now this. Why even make this signing?

f*** this kid, despicable move by the Bruins. He didn’t even apologize 7 years later.

Made a black kid lick urinal candy and spit on him.
It’s bad enough that he did this, but add in the fact that he was mentally challenged.

f*** this, and f*** whoever defends it.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
f*** this kid, despicable move by the Bruins. He didn’t even apologize 7 years later.

Made a black kid lick urinal candy and spit on him.
He did. The letter is all over the site. It wasn't eloquent and the mother rightful wasn't impressed.

But if you are suggesting he should have violated the terms of his probation and contacted that family or afterwards try to arrange a get together to clear the air, when the victim was probably traumatized and his mother was clearly still irate about the whole thing, I'd say you're a bit wrong headed about all that.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Why? I applauded the Coyotes for letting him go and hope no team was trashy enough to give him a second chance. I 100% stand by it. This is a f***ing stupid and embarrassing move.

Reactions: Slurpeelover27

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Maybe this kid has turned it around and is a much better person because of this event...Sweeney would have done his homework. 2nd chances for redemption is always good. Should be interesting. I can't imagine the main board with this news...Benefit of the doubt for this hockey fan.

“When I was in eighth grade, I made an extremely poor decision and acted very immaturely. I bullied one of my classmates. I deeply regret the incident and have apologized to the individual. Since the incident, I have come to better understand the far-reaching consequences of my actions that I failed to recognize and understand nearly seven years ago. I strive to be a better person and positively contribute to society. As a member of the Bruins organization, I will continue to participate in community programs to both educate myself and share my mistakes with others to show what a negative impact those actions can have on others. To be clear, what I did when I was 14 years old was wrong and unacceptable. There is no place in this world for being disrespectful to others and I pledge to use this opportunity to speak out against mistreating others.”

Last edited:

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
Yeah, I think this is a bad move. What he was doing at 14 is reprehensible. Can someone atone that quickly between 14 and 21?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Generally clueless on this whole situation, but wasn't this kid a psychopath way back when he was in 8th grade?
whyyyy

relentlessly bullying a disabled kid and forcing him to eat candy you put in the toilet isn't "dumb kid stuff". That's straight up psychotic and isn't worth the effort of the boston bruins to try and rehabilitate. every is sorry when a pro contract is on the line. it took him years and losing his career to apologize to the parents. kids a punk.

For real. 14 year old boys do stupid things in groups, but I never would've done anything even close to that bad. The word psychopath, or probably sociopath, is very appropriate.

There's teasing and bullying, but that's beyond the pale. I could look beyond the racial slurs (because 14 year old boys are stupid), but tricking a disabled child into eating urinal candy, how much of a sociopath do you have to be?

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Yes it's a privilege to play in the NHL. Character is an important factor in employment.
He shouldn't be welcomed onto a team of top tier professional athletes.
I guess you don’t follow to many sports and what some players have done or said that are currently playing in many professional sports teams,and many are a lot older than 14 .and let’s not even talk about politicians.Lol

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I guess you don’t follow to many sports and what some players have done or said that are currently playing in many professional sports teams,and many are a lot older than 14 .and let’s not even talk about politicians.Lol
Yeah those players are shit and I will call them out at every chance I get?
I am very consistent.

You forgive Voynov?

Reactions: JadedLeaf

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
He did. The letter is all over the site. It wasn't eloquent and the mother rightful wasn't impressed.

But if you are suggesting he should have violated the terms of his probation and contacted that family or afterwards try to arrange a get together to clear the air, when the victim was probably traumatized and his mother was clearly still irate about the whole thing, I'd say you're a bit wrong headed about all that.
Not suggesting anything other than that the bruins shouldn’t have signed him, how long after the incident was the letter sent? Was it when after the incident started effecting his hockey career?

Reactions: CptxMorgan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad