Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Mitchell Miller to ELC

Bruins sign Mitchell Miller to ELC

• Never going to cheer or be a fan of Mitchell.

Votes: 38 16.5%
  • I'm ashamed to be a bruin fan today / what was Management thinking?

Votes: 84 36.4%
  • High Risk High Reward - I believe in redemption / 2nd chances / bruin organization will help him.

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • I want to puke.

Votes: 44 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
giphy.gif

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
He was a stupid 14 year old kid ,your saying his hockey career should be over?
Rangers fan coming here in peace, but I think two things should be noted here and to bring context.
1) It wasn't just a stupid 14 year old. It was a stupid 7-14 year old, as the abuse started in first grade. So it was 7 years of abuse. The fact that he mentioned himself as a 14 year old kid in the letter, notes that he is only talking about one incident and trying to sweep everything else under the rug.
2) He hasn't apologized outside of a court ordered apology, and that was for only 1 of the incidents. He never apologized for any of the other stuff, which he easily could have included in the court ordered apology.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
he was 14. and in high school.
not worried about it.
i can only imagine what bruins players in the 60s 70s did whe they were in school.
Think about what our famous rock star heroes did did to young teens? And there are many...

What Mitchell did was horrendous no doubt...hopefully he dealt with it and continues to be a much better person because of it...The bruin organization is a perfect place to help him.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Think about what our famous rock star heroes did did to young teens? And there are many...

What Mitchell did was horrendous no doubt...hopefully he dealt with it and continues to be a much better person because of it...The bruin organization is a perfect place to help him.
Those rock stars were filth and I am glad some of them are starting to pay the piper.
What's your point?
They absolutely shouldn't have had the careers that they did when other, better people deserved the spotlight.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Anyone saying he was just 14 should read into what he did. He didn’t piss in public, knock down mailboxes, throw rocks at cars… He is absolutely sick. This is way, way beyond being a troublemaker and he’s never apologized beyond a court order. The absolute least he could do and he still hasn’t done it.

I hope he does get help and atone for what he did, if that’s even possible, but I don’t want him to do it in any hockey organization and sure as f*** not here. Hope the Bruins and P Bruins make a huge stink about this and get him released. If there’s anything he deserves, it’s more public humiliation and our management should get it too for this moronic signing.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I believe in 2nd chances I've done some stupid things when I was young. I know the stuff he did was really below the belt level but he was young and regrets it a lot. Hes only 20 and full of talent looks like. I'm ok with the signing and hope he turns it around and becomes a good person and we all cheer for his development. Welcome aboard mitchell.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
If you're the kind of person that will do what he did at 14, you're not maturing into a respectable adult by age 20. Kid has some deep rooted issues.
Yeah I guess it’s not like he
Yeah those players are shit and I will call them out at every chance I get?
I am very consistent.

You forgive Voynov?
Was just pointing out Professional teams
Rangers fan coming here in peace, but I think two things should be noted here and to bring context.
1) It wasn't just a stupid 14 year old. It was a stupid 7-14 year old, as the abuse started in first grade. So it was 7 years of abuse. The fact that he mentioned himself as a 14 year old kid in the letter, notes that he is only talking about one incident and trying to sweep everything else under the rug.
2) He hasn't apologized outside of a court ordered apology, and that was for only 1 of the incidents. He never apologized for any of the other stuff, which he easily could have included in the court ordered apology.
If he was doing it at 7 then that’s more on his parents upbringing isn’t it.

jmon1313

Feb 7, 2020
I believe in 2nd chances I've done some stupid things when I was young. I know the stuff he did was really below the belt level but he was young and regrets it a lot. Hes only 20 and full of talent looks like. I'm ok with the signing and hope he turns it around and becomes a good person and we all cheer for his development. Welcome aboard mitchell.
Disgusting.
1667581831079.png

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
In 2016, Miller and a classmate were found delinquent in an Ohio juvenile court on charges of assault and a violation of the Ohio Safe Schools Act.[4] The pair were accused and found guilty of forcing a developmentally disabled African American classmate, Isaiah Meyer-Crothers, to eat a piece of candy that they had wiped along the inside of a urinal, repeated bullying of Meyer-Crothers, and repeatedly calling him a Racial Slur.[13] Surveillance video also captured them kicking and punching Meyer-Crothers.[14]

The bullying incidents resurfaced after The Arizona Republic published an in-depth report on Miller on October 26, 2020.[15] The Republic exposé also revealed that Miller would frequently use the words "Racial Slur" and "BROWNIE" to refer to Meyer-Crothers and often told him to "go pick their cotton".[16] The Coyotes initially defended Miller, citing their desire to "be a part of the solution in a real way" and to help Miller grow from this incident and eventually become a leader against bullying and racism.[16][11] Although Coyotes general manager Bill Armstrong did not draft Miller, he expressed the team's desire to provide Miller with a second chance.[16]

According to the Republic, Miller apologized to the then thirty-one NHL teams, but never to Meyer-Crothers or to his family.[16] In a letter addressed to the Coyotes, Meyer-Crothers' mother, Joni, found Armstrong's comments demeaning to her son, stating that while Miller's classmate apologized to Meyer-Crothers, Miller himself was unwilling to show contrition. A juvenile court magistrate in Ohio concluded that Miller had absolutely no remorse for his actions against Meyer-Crothers and was merely upset that his reputation would be damaged by the situation. As a result of the exposé, the Coyotes received widespread criticism for drafting Miller.[17] This ultimately led to the Coyotes renouncing their draft rights to Miller and cutting all ties with him.[10][11][18] Miller was subsequently dropped from the University of North Dakota hockey team on the direct orders of the university president Andrew Armacost. Miller was still however in good standing academically, and was allowed to continue attending classes at the university.[12]

More details about the bullying surfaced after The Independent published a detailed letter from the Meyer-Crothers family, reiterating that Miller has not apologized to the family, and detailing further accusations about Miller's behavior, starting as early as 1st grade.[19][20] These allegations include:

• calling Meyer-Crothers Racial Slur in first grade
  • along with a classmate smacking and punching Meyer-Crothers on the school bus
  • repeated uses of the word Racial Slur against Meyer-Crothers
  • spitting in Meyer-Crothers' face

Miller maintains that his court-mandated apology letter was read to the Meyer-Crothers family.[21]

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Not suggesting anything other than that the bruins shouldn’t have signed him, how long after the incident was the letter sent? Was it when after the incident started effecting his hockey career?
The letter was court mandated. There is high internet drama about this, as the victim's mother claims to have never received it, despite there being scans of it, complete with 14 year old quality penmanship and wordsmithing.

This will not stop the next 500 instances of posters saying he never even apologized to the victim.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Again, if he ever steps foot in the NHL, I’ll buy the jersey of the dude to takes his head off right then and there. Even Tom Wilson.

Yeah. Hilarious.
i know youre all fired up.
i honestly dont know all the details around this.
i think 14 is kinda young and he can turn it around.
beleive me. im a good dude. i wouldnt pull this crap. but alot of kids do. especially now. its very common.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
The letter was court mandated. There is high internet drama about this, as the victim's mother claims to have never received it, despite there being scans of it, complete with 14 year old quality penmanship and wordsmithing.

This will not stop the next 500 instances of posters saying he never even apologized to the victim.
So a court told him he had to apologize so he did, nice.

Reactions: Slurpeelover27

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I know it's bad but hes with the organization now he needs support to turn this around. I think he must have gotten help and has matured. Donny must have had done his due diligence here. I trust his hand on this one. Look at monty he really messed up with the booze in Dallas and don gave him a chance and its paying dividends now. Monty has turned his life around.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
i know youre all fired up.
i honestly dont know all the details around this.
i think 14 is kinda young and he can turn it around.
beleive me. im a good dude. i wouldnt pull this crap. but alot of kids do. especially now. its very common.
Kids do stupid shit. This is so far beyond stupid shit. Read the excerpt Siludin just posted. It’s absolutely psychotic and he hasn’t even apologized to the family.

jmon1313

Feb 7, 2020
I know it's bad but hes with the organization now he needs support to turn this around. I think he must have gotten help and has matured. Donny must have had done his due diligence here. I trust his hand on this one. Look at monty he really messed up with the booze in Dallas and don gave him a chance and its paying dividends now. Monty has turned his life around.
Addiction =/= Psychopathic bullying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad