Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Mitchell Miller to ELC

Bruins sign Mitchell Miller to ELC

• Never going to cheer or be a fan of Mitchell.

Votes: 38 16.5%
  • I'm ashamed to be a bruin fan today / what was Management thinking?

Votes: 84 36.4%
  • High Risk High Reward - I believe in redemption / 2nd chances / bruin organization will help him.

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • I want to puke.

Votes: 44 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Yes ticket holders can not enter arena, write letters (I wrote several), make banners, boycott in any number of ways. I sat outside Giants stadium as a kid as grandpa burned our tickets in mass protests of mngt. VERY different circumstances.

I again pray they rescind the contract. I'm firm in that position.

AND, I have questions. Likely they don't matter, but there are some nuances. How is "disabled youth" in this case defined? I've evaluated thousands of students. Some "learning disabled" students I know well, went to Cornell, lettered in sports, were dyslexic and required Wilson or Orton reading as a young person and accommodations in high school.

AND "disabled" students in regular schools who required toileting support, communication boards, and teams of related service providers.

Both "disabled" extremes here, and all the nuances in between do matter somewhat if we're interested in truly understanding. What interventions were tried? How did this progress so long? Who was advocating for the victim/survivor? What were the consequences over the years for the perp? Can someone provide me with more concrete information?

Just read the media and tweets, they're usually filled with truth.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
All this talk of "he was only 14" is ignoring that Miller's statement today, when he's 20, absolutely downplayed what he did. He speaks of a single "incident" and calls it a "mistake."

It was a crime that followed years of abuse, and the victim's mother said Miller continued to taunt her son after the crime.

The only "apologies" Miller has ever offered came because a judge ordered him to, or his prospective NHL bosses told him he has too.

All of which is why "he was 14" is a totally empty defense in this specific case.
It’s also the reason 80% of us who are opposed to the signing, are.

If he did his shit, 7-14… and then spent 15-20 genuinely regretful? If he made his attempts to make amends on his own time? If he didn’t try to “insta” an apology, lying about it having nothing to do with hockey while NHL teams were interviewing him? And if this organization didn’t lie to their fans and the media about what happened? I think you’d see a lot more people here on the “second-chance” bandwagon. Hell, I’d likely be one of them.

But regretfully, we’re not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad