Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Mitchell Miller to ELC

Bruins sign Mitchell Miller to ELC

• Never going to cheer or be a fan of Mitchell.

Votes: 38 16.5%
  • I'm ashamed to be a bruin fan today / what was Management thinking?

Votes: 84 36.4%
  • High Risk High Reward - I believe in redemption / 2nd chances / bruin organization will help him.

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • I want to puke.

Votes: 44 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I know it's bad but hes with the organization now he needs support to turn this around. I think he must have gotten help and has matured. Donny must have had done his due diligence here. I trust his hand on this one. Look at monty he really messed up with the booze in Dallas and don gave him a chance and its paying dividends now. Monty has turned his life around.

Please tell me you are not comparing alcoholism to racism and bullying?

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I believe in 2nd chances I've done some stupid things when I was young. I know the stuff he did was really below the belt level but he was young and regrets it a lot. Hes only 20 and full of talent looks like. I'm ok with the signing and hope he turns it around and becomes a good person and we all cheer for his development. Welcome aboard mitchell.

"regrets it alot".. it took a court order for him to apologize to the family. he regrets it because it de-railed his career. not because he feels bad for what he did. that's just pure gutless. even at 14 you aren't going to rehabilitate that level of lack of empathy.

If he changed his ways and has shown improvements thats fine. I don't see any evidence of that around. Sure maybe he could earn his chance at redemption. but sure doesn't seem like anything has changed.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
i know youre all fired up.
i honestly dont know all the details around this.
i think 14 is kinda young and he can turn it around.
beleive me. im a good dude. i wouldnt pull this crap. but alot of kids do. especially now. its very common.
No it’s not very common. This is flat out disgusting. Just f***ing stop trying to defend it.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
This is f***ing pathetic. I'm embarrassed to be a fan of this team today.

He has never actually apologized to this innocent kid. A court-mandated one is the closest Miller has ever come to anything resembling actual contrition. How can we accept you've grown up when you haven't done anything to show you have? Or that you're a better person than you once were?

f*** him, f*** his family, f*** Don Sweeney, f*** Cam Neely, f*** the Jacobs family, and f*** everyone who let this happen.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
What the hell is this crap? Are the Bs now in the business of trying to rehab psychopathic racist bullies? The Bs have good depth, are 10-1, have incredible vibes with the fan base, etc. I don't get this move whatsoever. I don't care about the debate over whether or not he has matured or not. In every court-ordered statement he has mentioned his age, but not taken full ownership of his disgusting actions. So he was USHL MVP, big shit. The Bs management is always preaching about character. This move sends the opposite message.

Doing a quick internet search, wow, the Bs are getting roasted for this move. Makes no sense to bring him in, even if the psycho turns out to be a NHL talent. There is only one B in my 5 decades of being a Bs fan I refused to pull for, Joe "he can go f*** himself" Corvo. Looks like there may be two if this dude ever makes it up to the big show as a B. Last thing the Bs front office needed to do was pull of some bad juju nonsensical bullshit such as this.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I know it's bad but hes with the organization now he needs support to turn this around. I think he must have gotten help and has matured. Donny must have had done his due diligence here. I trust his hand on this one. Look at monty he really messed up with the booze in Dallas and don gave him a chance and it’s paying dividends now. Monty has turned his life around.
Dude, f*** off. A guy who had issues with alcohol isn’t nearly the same as doing what Miller did, and he, for all intents and purposes, was sober.

pizzafrylover420

Feb 5, 2020
Can’t say I’m rooting for him at all.
The “we all make mistakes” and “just 14 year old boys” don’t hold any water from what I’ve read about the situation. He was bullying this kid for years. That’s not a one time thing. “I’m sorry about this one time I made a mistake when I was 14” or “I’m sorry that I did something bad enough to finally get my bullying noticed by other people when I was 14 to the point courts had to get involved”

I could give two shits about his redemption story. Not a fan.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Plenty of stuff in 8th grade I’d immediately look past destruction of property, booze/drugs, even something sexual. This? Nah.

This reminds me that I should hate pro athletes in general because most were douche bully kids blessed with being amazing at sports

We’re on top of the league let one of the other 31 franchises take a chance.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Awful but at the same time I feel he does deserve a 2nd chance.

I know really good people that are successful who said and did some bad things around that age. The urinal thing is very deranged I will say that. Imo it shouldn't be a life ruining mistake being young and immature.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
Rangers fan coming here in peace, but I think two things should be noted here and to bring context.
1) It wasn't just a stupid 14 year old. It was a stupid 7-14 year old, as the abuse started in first grade. So it was 7 years of abuse. The fact that he mentioned himself as a 14 year old kid in the letter, notes that he is only talking about one incident and trying to sweep everything else under the rug.
2) He hasn't apologized outside of a court ordered apology, and that was for only 1 of the incidents. He never apologized for any of the other stuff, which he easily could have included in the court ordered apology.
f*** that. I will never be sold on this kid.

Kinda ashamed by association/

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
As someone who was bullied as a kid by this one person and then snapped and defended myself (bullying never happened again). This hits too close to home.

Now while I believe everyone is capable of change. True change. And people deserves second chances. This....is a tricky one personally for me. I'd certainly hope that people are not the same as they were at 14. But at the same time, this incident is despicable. I don't understand. I hope Mitchell has done his penance. And I hope it included some deep, deep, DEEP therapy. Because that behavior is psychopath stuff.

I don't think we need this headache in our organization. I don't think we need this energy or mojo in our organization. But on a personal level, it just feels icky to me. Even if he has truly changed. Which I do hope he has.

Icky.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Yeah I guess it’s not like he

Was just pointing out Professional teams

If he was doing it at 7 then that’s more on his parents upbringing isn’t it.
I'm not talking about whether it his fault or the parents. I am simply saying he made someone else's life a living hell for over 7 years. Is he allowed a second chance? Maybe, probably even. But playing in the NHL, making millions playing the sport you love is a privilege. Has he earned that privilege? Not sure, seems like it was just given to him.

I'll hold my full judgement until the full story comes out, but it would be hard to imagine he has made amends and been a positive influence in society, given the details we do know so far.

Reactions: CptxMorgan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3