Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Mitchell Miller to ELC

Bruins sign Mitchell Miller to ELC

• Never going to cheer or be a fan of Mitchell.

Votes: 38 16.5%
  • I'm ashamed to be a bruin fan today / what was Management thinking?

Votes: 84 36.4%
  • High Risk High Reward - I believe in redemption / 2nd chances / bruin organization will help him.

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • I want to puke.

Votes: 44 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I just don't get the signing. It makes no sense.

IMO, it has nothing at all to do with the current team of great guys that we have.

It doesn’t. They are a great group of guys - who are now going to have to deal with the distraction of being asked about the signing.

Just dumb, dumb, dumb.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Heard Steve Dangle make an important point - Sweeney made this signing now because if he didn't some other team was going to. 'Sources', apparently good, say that several teams were interested in Miller, and Don was keen enough on Mitch that he had to beat them to it, no matter the consequences. I'd say that's most probably accurate.

But no Sweens, just no. Not worth it. Let someone else sign Miller, let it be their massive problem and kick in the face, not ours.

I know what you’re saying.
But all I can hear is my late Mom saying ’ if all the stupid kids jump off that bridge are you going to jump too?”

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Which part of 1-3 didn't you read? I'm not defending his actions at all! I think it's sickening! 100%. But let's be f***ing adults here, the kid was 14. Kids at 14 are not mature. I don't condone signing the kid, I think it's a huge mistake for OUR team.......but I'm not ready to say the kid doesn't deserve a 2nd chance. Jesus, for people saying he shouldn't be allowed to play profesional hockey......what's suitable in their minds? Mopping floors in a barn? Give me a break.
He was drafted two years ago. This was just about the exact time he was going to sign his nhl contract. He didn’t have to play in Europe for a few years. He didn’t sign when he was 23 and maybe went through all these programs and had some real concrete evidence he’s changed. He lied to the kid again about the apology which was clearly a part of getting himself a deal.

So my favorite team is the one to give this kid a second chance (can you get a second chance when you never really lost your first?), signing him to the highest possible amounts in signing bonus and minors salary and I should be ok with that?

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
We've all made our mistakes but this isn't just a mistake, this is absolutely psychotic. Can't ever understand why Boston would do this. Such a distraction and a bad omen.

I was questioning the Oilers for signing Kane and then my favorite team goes and pulls this. I feel bad for the players and coaches who will be guilty by association for a braindead move that a few clowns at the top made.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I hope someone asks the Leafs coach what he thinks of all this.

Oh wait, the media won't because this is just an outrage circlj**r and none of them really care about holding people to account for what they did when they were young.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
To the people who are saying “he was 14 years old, it was a long time ago, he shouldn’t be punished because he was a kid”

Ok, let’s say that.

Imagine you’re a parent, and you have a child who’s disabled. Your child goes to school and has to face obstacle after obstacle to feel somewhat normal. You as a parent have to deal with your kid coming home from school (FOR YEARS) and telling you what happened at school today.

That infuriates me to no f***ing end. I hope the people who are clamouring for a second chance would use that same energy if it was their kid who came home from school for years after being bullied.

I’m sorry, man. I have zero f***ing sympathy for Miller. Zero.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I hope someone asks the Leafs coach what he thinks of all this.

Oh wait, the media won't because this is just an outrage circlj**r and none of them really care about holding people to account for what they did when they were young.
Guessing you’re a big fan of team Canada as well? Bruins should just trade for Alex Formenton this weekend. Make it a weekend to remember!

• Haha
Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I just don't get the signing. It makes no sense.

IMO, it has nothing at all to do with the current team of great guys that we have.
Has nothing whatsoever to do with them. In fact DS even said the leaders on the team questioned the decision to bring him in.

That's what makes it even more frustrating. The Bs roster is one to be damn proud of, off and on the ice. Great human beings that I am excited to root hard for.

A couple of the centers decided to sacrifice some of their personal life to give the team another chance at a Cup. Some are playing below market value because they want to be part of the Bruins culture. Why monkey with all of the good things going on with the team and organization by bringing in someone whose mere presence is going cast a dark cloud on the organization? Simply one of the dumbest decisions management could make.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Guessing you’re a big fan of team Canada as well? Bruins should just trade for Alex Formenton this weekend. Make it a weekend to remember!

Sheldon Keefe did horrible, horrible things for many, many years and not one member of the hockey media will ask him about it, write about it or say anything about it except to say that he deserves a second chance.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

I am still psyched about the Bs start and won't let this ruin it. It a separate issue to me.
Not going to lie. I was excited about the great start, far exceeded what I thought.

But this situation, and overall the system of not IF but WHEN there is a next time, what's the next thing that's brushed under the rug?

It's not a case of just saying BE BETTER, they actually have to start being better. Because they aren't.

Second chances, sure I believe in them. But his rights were relinquished and in how many months did NHL teams all abundantly agree, boys will be boys, let's move on and get these hockey players?

This isn't a forever situation, but in most cases just handing these kids pro athlete salaries, feels like nothing more than slaps on a wrist that are just gonna keep happening. Hard for me to feel any sympathy for the kid, when he's done the bare minimum to pay for his sins. And then handed the MAX rookie contract.

People deserve a chance to grow. But being handed an NHL contract with little more than a hollow apology and some court mandated community service/self help kind of deflates how I feel about the league as a whole.

I'm happy for team and glad they earned their place in the standings. But the organization and league wide, just a bit disappointed. That lessons are learned in a few months and that seems to be the standard leaguewide.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
His mother saying boys will be boys is telling. Seems he grew up in a house where he was enabled and probably coddled. No real consequences and since he was an “athlete” the bullying was probably ignored.

If it was 5th or 6th grade Id give maybe some lee way but 8th grade is almost high school.

Reactions: KnightofBoston

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
For the "second chance" defenders. I don't want Miller thrown in jail or exiled from society.

He can go out in the world and make a difference, he can go out in the world and continue being the same person and work as an accountant, I don't care. But you should not get the privilege of representing an NHL team and the city of Boston at this point in time.

I can respect this take

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Even though I think the signing is stupid, it shouldn’t really be a “distraction” for the team. It shouldn’t affect their coach or their game. I don’t think this guy being on the organization somewhere in Providence or lower is going to make Bergeron forget how to backcheck, or Pasta just unable to shoot anymore. But when they inevitably have a losing streak, we’ll almost certainly see a reference to this signing. You can practically write the article now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad