Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign John Moore 5 years 2.75 aav

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
After a fun day of drinking with friends in the pool I am in a pretty good mood, so this is my most optimistic take: this contract is a f***ing nightmare and I don't think they know what they are doing.

Reactions: AlpineLager

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
A 5 year deal. I can only think they believe they can develop him into a better player. Entering his prime, he's got the tools, so willing to see what they can do with him.

And I don't know if this means krug is out. I think mcquiad is most likely the one out. Chara is done in a year, that opens up a lot of minutes, important minutes, and losing major experience on the backend. With krug gone too, thats a very inexperienced defense. I'm not seeing it.

Reactions: Cronuss

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
He got 2.4 over 3 years according to dreger and khudobin was asking for 2.4 from the bruins. Equals 4.8m

Wagner got 1.25, Nordstrom got 1m and Halak got 2.75. Equals 5m

Halak hasn’t been good for 3 years and Wagner and Nordstrom are 4th liners and bruins still need to sign a 3rd line center replacement for nash
He got 2.75, Dreger made the correction.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I want to see him play some games for us before deciding whether it's terrible or not. It's five years, which seems like too long, but the AAV is not that high and he could turn out to be a decent signing for us. Like with Holden, it's always better to have a guy like that than a career AHLer like Tommy Cross being forced into service. If it's a disaster, so be it- it isn't a Beleskey-sized disaster, just a Jimmy Hayes sized one.

Reactions: Chief Nine

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
You are in the neighborhood and are plugged in what do you think of Moore

this guy is one of the best 3-on-3 defensemen in the league! heck of a skater.
ok, that's all i got. terrible signing IMO, and now who gets moved out? krug or
grzelcyk? not sure if moore can play the right side, but he's certainly not better than
miller. my issue with moore is he has tunnel vision and his reads are suspect. when
neely said they wanted a left-shot defenseman that can log minutes, i thought they
wanted a guy like klefbom who could defend and transition the puck. this one is a
real head-scratcher - it's almost like they wanted hanifin and then were like "we can't
get him, who else can really skate and retrieve pucks but isn't anywhere as good and
is cheap to acquire?" boo.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I'll hold off on my judgment for now as I haven't seen a lot of him.

I am excited about his speed as Gryz brought another dimension to this team last year, hopefully Moore can do the same...in a positive manner ;)

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
per Hockey News

SCOUTING REPORT
ASSETS:
Has a big frame and owns exceptional skating ability. Can play an offensive role when it is required, but is otherwise a very steady defender. Shoots the puck with aplomb. His speed is useful all over the ice.
FLAWS:
Doesn't have high-end offensive ability and is not a natural power-play pointman. Does not use his big frame (6-2, 210 pounds) enough and generally lacks physicality and a mean streak. Lacks consistency, too.
CAREER POTENTIAL:
Solid, mobile defenseman.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Great, exactly what we don't need...

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
After a fun day of drinking with friends in the pool I am in a pretty good mood, so this is my most optimistic take: this contract is a ****ing nightmare and I don't think they know what they are doing.
it's debatable if it was a good move in terms of filling needs, etc. but the contract is not bad at all. Takes him thru 32, so not deep into his 30s and the cap hit is extremely movable. And if it's not working out after a year or two you expose him for Seattle.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
And yet, and they know what they're doing. Odd.

it's debatable if it was a good move in terms of filling needs, etc. but the contract is not bad at all. Takes him thru 32, so not deep into his 30s and the cap hit is extremely movable. And if it's not working out after a year or two you expose him for Seattle.

I'm sure Seattle will be dying to take a bottom pairing defenseman for three years.

Put it on my tombstone, cause I've been saying this since Chiarelli was doing the same shit: don't tie up bottom of the roster players for a long time. Flexibility is extra important in a hard cap league. Why we never learn this I don't understand.

Also, letting Chiller go last year keeps getting worse and worse.

Reactions: BB88

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Easily movable cap hit in a couple of years if necessary. Not a bad deal at all if they can swing a deal for a legit RW with the bodies they have on D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad