Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Goalie - Linus Ullmark 4yrs @ 5 mil AAV

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
take main board with a block of salt.
Some think we still have Vladar. That Rask should be number 1. And my personal favorite, Ullmark had hip replacement.
Let me say that again. Hip replacement.

For sure, eh?

Anyway, its unrestricted free agency. If you don't overpay, you don't get anyone.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Sweeney is a master of shuffles.
He took away probably the only goalie that was willing to play for the Sabres. Now he plans to apply a lot of pressure on Buffalo and trade him back to the Sabres for a king's ransom while dumping a dead cap space in Moore and Wagner on them.
After freeing $9mil in the cap space he goes and offersheets Pelech to $10.3mil/7years, that will cost Bruins 4 1st rd picks, as that's the only option that doesn't require their own 3rd pick that he was not able to get back from the Senators.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Sweeney is a master of shuffles.
He took away probably the only goalie that was willing to play for the Sabres. Now he plans to apply a lot of pressure on Buffalo and trade him back to the Sabres for a king's ransom while dumping a dead cap space in Moore and Wagner on them.
After freeing $9mil in the cap space he goes and offersheets Pelech to $10.3mil/7years, that will cost Bruins 4 1st rd picks, as that's the only option that doesn't require their own 3rd pick that he was not able to get back from the Senators.

Never happens in this league. No f***ing chance of it happening in your scenario either.

Also, Minnesota pulled out of the Eichel chase because the ask by Buffalo by all accounts is insanely high. No shot Sweeney gets them to give away Eichel for clowns like Wagner and Moore.

In a related note, can you share with everyone what you're smoking today? :naughty:

Reactions: smithformeragent

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Sweeney's comments about Ullmark to press yesterday were interesting. He made reference to his goals saved above average at 5v5, a fancy stat where Ullmark was among the top goalies. Also noted how he struggled on the PK and they're going to work with him on that, another area backed up by the analytics.

It's a risky contract but they clearly did their homework on the guy and identified areas they can help him improve. I imagine working with Essensa could help him elevate his game. We know the Bruins PK structure is among the best, so we could see some pretty lofty numbers from him if they can straighten that out.

I was taken aback at the term at first but I'm willing to see it play out.

Reactions: inactive user

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
You do realise Rask only played in 24 games this season. What about the other 32 games he didn’t play in that they played well.
I do, and I also realize the team was 15-5-2 when Rask started, and was 9-6-4 when Halak started. The team finished 3rd in the division and got put out in the second round of the playoffs. Rask was lights out considering what he had in front of him.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I think it's a good signing to platoon with Swayman. I hope it works out. The partial NMCs in years 3 & 4 might prove to be problematic if 1) Rask returns in top form 2) Swayman beats him out of the #1 slot 3) both.

So what's the situation with Swayman and waiver eligibility? If he plays 40-some(?) games, he's no longer waiver exempt to be sent down? I guess if things go as expected (Ullmark plays the majority of games) there's no risk of that.

I guess the worst case scenario would be if Ullmark gets injured and Swayman has to play more games, loses his waiver-exempt status, and then Rask returns and Ullmark gets healthy...

Reactions: inactive user

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Sweeney saying we will see when Rask is ready is just lip service. So unless Ullmark absolutely crashes, and Swayman isnt ready yet Rask is done as a Bruin. They have good seasons, and we are in a solid playoff position I just dont see anyway Rask is back. You dont give that type of salary, years and NMCs for a backup goalie.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I think it's a good signing to platoon with Swayman. I hope it works out. The partial NMCs in years 3 & 4 might prove to be problematic if 1) Rask returns in top form 2) Swayman beats him out of the #1 slot 3) both.

So what's the situation with Swayman and waiver eligibility? If he plays 40-some(?) games, he's no longer waiver exempt to be sent down? I guess if things go as expected (Ullmark plays the majority of games) there's no risk of that.

I guess the worst case scenario would be if Ullmark gets injured and Swayman has to play more games, loses his waiver-exempt status, and then Rask returns and Ullmark gets healthy...

I belive he’s exempt until he hits 44 more games.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He looks great in that video and he is hitting his prime and playing in a structured system for the 1st time. Big guy too a 6'4".

Let the Ullmark/ Swayman era begin, saves them on the cap space going forward.

Don Keedic

Apr 16, 2021
take main board with a block of salt.
Some think we still have Vladar. That Rask should be number 1. And my personal favorite, Ullmark had hip replacement.
Let me say that again. Hip replacement.
Someone out there even said double hip replacement. Wtf? Is Google not a thing anymore? Easily debunked, pathetic that it needs to be in the first place.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I belive he’s exempt until he hits 44 more games.

Thanks Wally. So he could totally play a typical back-up role in terms of GP, even more, and still not have to go through waivers. That's assuming goalies "games played" is counted only in starts, or does simply being on the game roster as the back-up count as a "game played". (I never thought about that before!)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Thanks Wally. So he could totally play a typical back-up role in terms of GP, even more, and still not have to go through waivers. That's assuming goalies "games played" is counted only in starts, or does simply being on the game roster as the back-up count as a "game played". (I never thought about that before!)

that I dont know. Played or dressed. I would defer to Dom.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

tada….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad