Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Goalie - Linus Ullmark 4yrs @ 5 mil AAV

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Something to put Ullmark's play in Buffalo in perspective.

Last year he was responsible for 60% of their wins (9 out of 15). And this was team that at one point lost 18 in a row.

Yet, he only appeared in 32% of their games.

The Buffalo Sabres the past two seasons basically lose 2 games out of every 3. Ullmark on the other hand has one win out of every two games played.

I think that says a lot about his capability. There is a pretty clear correlation between when Ullmark's plays and the increase in the number of wins for the Sabres. When he plays, their chances of winning rose substantially.

Can he stay healthy? He's a big guy but he also makes some spectacular saves. Great glove hand. He makes a lot of desperation saves that sometimes you wonder upon first glance if he injured himself throwing his body across the crease like that. His technique isn't as refined as Rask's but he's more of a battler/desperation saver than Rask was (not trying to knock Rask just different styles). Ullmark shouldn't need to make as many of those types of saves playing behind a historically strong defensive team like the Bruins.

I think this signing not only has the potential to be good but perhaps even very good.
Ya a little Tim Thomas in him. That I love.

Reactions: BruinDust

Mockey

Aug 19, 2021
This will, ultimately, be the best signing of this free agency period, in the long-term.

I guess this whole board now agrees with you. :cool:

Kornheiser_Why.jpg

I guess you have your answer now dont you.

Hate this deal! He might be good but i wanted cheap at the position and better on the roster. We had the potential to do that and its gone now

Guess your not hating this deal no more? lul

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I guess this whole board now agrees with you. :cool:

I guess you have your answer now dont you.

Guess your not hating this deal no more? lul

Correct. I mean his money could definitely be something that hamstrings them this offseason or next so id consider trading him, but the value hes provided to the team and their ability to field a very good roster in spite of added goalie salary wasnt something i thought they could do at all, short or long term. But i did also say that he might be good, so not a complete whiff by me. Was never about the player, it was about the cap situation and better spending resources. I was wrong, they had enough resources. But even if now they want to go cheap at goalie to sign more players as current players start turning over his contract and play provide real value on the trade market as well. Big time win for sweeney on the signing

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Excellent move

Got to spike the football here had 4/20 yesterday morning on HF as my number one move and Vladar getting traded to open up the way it went ….

My idea was
1. Sign Ullmark 4/20 you are covered with a legit goalie who more then one scout said or joked he should be a Vezina Finalist

2. Swayman can share time with him and be brought along at 55 MPH not 75. Swayman does not have to clear waivers so when Rask if he’s ready to play you have that option to send him down

3. Rask comes back great and Sweeney already said they have had excellent talks

To me this morning they have a goalie tandem of Ullmark & Swayman for now and next four years with potentially Rask in February

either goalie injured or Swayman should struggle (doubtful) they are set

to me all along this was a great plan and I conveyed it to friends including people here

Ullmark & Swayman I’m very happy with

Calgary I don’t see as a playoff team and the Vladar pick should be 70-80 in a deep draft- deep draft Brett Harrison, Jakob Lauko range how they been drafting

explains the Swedish goalie they just took / The Draft Analyst had high praise and Axelsson who obviously made the call… I wanted and still due Dylan Duke there but Sweeney couldnt hear me pound the table .., and he is Sweden’s u18 Goalie so logic Is someone thinks he’s legit

Worst part is Vladar is good and super popular with everyone who comes around him

I’m happy for him and hope he’s very successful in Calgary

You can barf over this your entitled to your opinion but I see it sets them up now and future
Had Ullmark to Bruins at 4/20 almost 2 weeks ahead of time

I’m counting this to offset 600 worth of shitty wrong posts

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I thought the deal was fair and I thought he was a good goalie. He had solid stats for being on a rotten Buffalo team and I figured coming to Boston would only help him be better.

On most broadcasts I listen to the announcers will comment on his being a free agent and signing with Boston and how good the deal seems now.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Welp, that's the end of the line for Tuukka.
...and it was. Unfortunate at the time but a blessing in disguise with how well this worked out.

Major, major credit to Sweeney for this one. The 2021 offseason was filled with goalies and all the teams that didn't pick one up then (Edmonton, Toronto etc) have been scrambling since. Boston and Carolina found the best guys out there and next year Carolina is back on the carousel or running with the young guy.

Only question now is what to do with Bussi.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad