Post-Game Talk: Bruins score four, allow none, in an open practice at the Bell Centre

Player of the game?

• Total voters

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I've brought up our match ups before but for some reason people just get too defensive and don't want to even admit it as a possibility.
We had a very easy schedule to start the year. It didn't look like it to start the season with LA and Pittsburgh facing us, but turns out they're struggling this year. It continued through end of Oct, and then we started getting tougher teams, we went 7-8-3 over that stretch. Early dec comes around and again, easy match ups including 3 games versus OTT. When I brought this up though, it wasn't about facing those garbage teams...it was Weber's return that made everything so awesome.
Well, it definitely doesn't look like Weber's making things all pretty whenever we face tougher teams, losing to SJ-Minny-BOS...even vs Carolina, they were lucky to get that win and played pretty poorly.

Will be interesting to see how we fare off on the road with tougher games through early Jan. Let's see if match ups matter more than Weber's return.
They were also very lucky against Chicago in my opinion, there are too many leaks on D and it is not a coaching issue. How can anyone argue in good faith that we can compete on a nightly basis with the likes of Schlemko, Benn, Alzner, Juulsen, Mete, Kulak and Reilly. We only really have S Weber and Jeff Petry as credible defenders as a top 4 option, Price and Niemi can steal some games but it is the exception and not the rule, NHL hockey does not work that way. You just cannot count on luck and bounces to consistently win hockey games.

Our PP and PK are at or near the bottom of the league, our goal differential is poor and we need to score by comittee but yet there are posters arguing the merits of a 35 year old Duncan Keith as an option to push us over the top. We need to draft some more talent and yes that means pain but so what? Who wants to keep squeaking into the playoffs without any realistic chance at winning? Not me.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
They were also very lucky against Chicago in my opinion, there are too many leaks on D and it is not a coaching issue. How can anyone argue in good faith that we can compete on a nightly basis with the likes of Schlemko, Benn, Alzner, Juulsen, Mete, Kulak and Reilly. We only really have S Weber and Jeff Petry as credible defenders as a top 4 option, Price and Niemi can steal some games but it is the exception and not the rule, NHL hockey does not work that way. You just cannot count on luck and bounces to consistently win hockey games.

Our PP and PK are at or near the bottom of the league, our goal differential is poor and we need to score by comittee but yet there are posters arguing the merits of a 35 year old Duncan Keith as an option to push us over the top. We need to draft some more talent and yes that means pain but so what? Who wants to keep squeaking into the playoffs without any realistic chance at winning? Not me.

It's crazy what a little hot streak can do to some fans.
Almost unanimous that we should rebuild when discussing our direction this past summer. The trap was, don't get fooled if we're better than originally thought, but a lot of people have fallen for it.
You'd think we would have learned after seeing how we handled this in 12-13.
We should not deviate from the original plan, rebuilding should be our priority, but seems like we'll be making the same mistakes again.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
i can't believe the people on this thread!! Did you guys watch the same game I did?? Dackell was by far the best player on the ice, c'mon guys and gals :laugh:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
My favorite part about tonight was all the great adjustments Julien made to the lines to get them going when it was clear little offense was being manufactured with the lines we started with.

Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
When you see Price leave the Ice at the end of the game with fire in his eyes. You know the team played bad.
Price is one of the true leader in this team.
Pretty shure the players Feel bad to such à game. They worked together and cared for one another from the start of the season. They Will go in playoffs.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Habs fans.....god.

Your team is almost in the playoff
and you cry about games that will get your team better.

They Will try To learn from such games.

We haven’t beaten teams who are competing all year. Try and learn all you want, when we have a tough schedule moving forward. It’s great they have taken advantage against weaker teams to get points, but if we keep dropping points against teams that matter, who cares? We had an easy starting schedule. Talking a about playoffs with our toughest games to come with half a season to go is a ridiculous statement.

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Habs fans.....god.

Your team is almost in the playoff
and you cry about games that will get your team better.

They Will try To learn from such games.
Avalanche lost 4-1 to the Isles at home.....and they have STAR POWER!!!!

Moral of the story......shit happens. Get over it and move on......

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
After a few wins against the lowly Sens looks like the Habs mailed this one in and caved to Colby and the Bruins. :)

The Bruins were by far the better team and wanted it way more tonight. The Habs showed ZERO emotion and effort and deserved this loss.

Mete called back up. Juulsen sent down.
Good, best news I’ve heard all night. Give him another shot.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
‘‘Tis the season for giving the puck away and ‘‘twas another night before Christmas with the saddest looking PP we’ve ever had

Bah Humbug

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Agreed..............but our scholar of a GM says different.........I believe the quote , make da playoff, and who knows...

It sure is looking like our D needs a huge overhaul, and not the kind that MB has already done for us...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad