Post-Game Talk: Bruins score four, allow none, in an open practice at the Bell Centre

Player of the game?

• Total voters

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
It is easy to defend, I don't know why they don't have him at the top of the circle like the Caps do with Ovechkin, have Drouin or Domi at the point trying to feed him passes, the further away Weber is the easier he is to defend.
Because whoever is running the PP is braindead

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
It's not his first season ... the guy never has been a performer under pressure.

How was this game any more pressure-filled than any of the others, if that's what you're implying?

Otherwise, you must have watch a lot of detroit games when they were on the decline...

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
How was this game any more pressure-filled than any of the others, if that's what you're implying?

Otherwise, you must have watch a lot of detroit games when they were on the decline...

I watch almost all playoffs games which mean i've seen him over 20 games in playoffs. He's a choker.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Up to this point I'd say it's pretty impressive that the Habs are even still in a playoff spot considering their PP is 30th, PK is 24th, and they're 30th in faceoff %.

I foresee tough times ahead for the Habs when the playoff races heat up. :nod:

hqdefault.jpg

:)

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
After a few wins against the lowly Sens looks like the Habs mailed this one in and caved to Colby and the Bruins. :)

The Bruins were by far the better team and wanted it way more tonight. The Habs showed ZERO emotion and effort and deserved this loss.

Mete called back up. Juulsen sent down.
I don't know if they mailed it in but our D is awful, we bleed great scoring chances in every game we play and when the opposition is weaker it's easier to overlook because they can't capitalize. Decent teams are a different story, our goalies are left alone way too often in my opinion and you know more often than not what that means. We certainly do not need to be making any trades for veteran players, definitely not.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Can a reporter ask Bergevin how good he thinks are defense is now?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Not surprised the Habs came out flat. They mostly played versus crap teams. They lost two to the better teams (Sharks-Wild), and really were lucky to beat another bubble team in Carolina. The rest they faced tanking teams. They came in thinking they were better than they are, and it blew up in their face.
Boston toyed with them, and that without two of their best players.

What I am more disappointed with is our Captain and Assistant, Weber and Gallagher, as well as Shaw and Domi, who all showed pretty much no emotion playing versus our nemesis. Deck a guy, crash their net, take a dirty penalty. Do-f***ing-Something. Those are the attitude players...
That's what I was most disappointed with. I expected a loss, but I thought they would at least show some feistiness in their loss. This is the freaking Bruins, and teams are close in standings...but no emotion.

For people who think Drouin and Domi are high end talent, I hope you paid attention to Pastrnak. That's high end.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Tatar has had a bad game and we saw it from his first shift and turnover. I don't know what he ate during the night but he was completely off and you would see him frustrated on the bench. But with all the great efforts he gave us this year, I'm not gonna throw him under the bus. I prefer seeing a frustrated guy that makes mistakes than the two musketeers Domi and Drouin. No wonder they're friends, Lord they are soft as butter. I have never seen someone with a supposed mean streak like Domi, who don't mind punching people in the face at the same time being so soft as a hockey player. He is so easily pushed.

Now they have recalled Mete. It won't change a damn f***ing thing. When is MB going to realise we need a proper left hand defenceman? Make a damn trade. Get Muzzin...anybody.

And fire Muller.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I don't know if they mailed it in but our D is awful, we bleed great scoring chances in every game we play and when the opposition is weaker it's easier to overlook because they can't capitalize. Decent teams are a different story, our goalies are left alone way too often in my opinion and you know more often than not what that means. We certainly do not need to be making any trades for veteran players, definitely not.

Yeah they did. The entire team didn't show up tonight. Most nights they do play hard even if they don't win. Tonight wasn't the case. The Bruins were the better team but the Habs showed nothing and were absolutely putrid. Habs/Bruins games are pretty meh these days.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Not surprised the Habs came out flat. They mostly played versus crap teams. They lost two to the better teams (Sharks-Wild), and really were lucky to beat another bubble team in Carolina. The rest they faced tanking teams. They came in thinking they were better than they are, and it blew up in their face.
Boston toyed with them, and that without two of their best players.

What I am more disappointed with is our Captain and Assistant, Weber and Gallagher, as well as Shaw and Domi, who all showed pretty much no emotion playing versus our nemesis. Deck a guy, crash their net, take a dirty penalty. Do-****ing-Something. Those are the attitude players...
That's what I was most disappointed with. I expected a loss, but I thought they would at least show some feistiness in their loss. This is the freaking Bruins, and teams are close in standings...but no emotion.

For people who think Drouin and Domi are high end talent, I hope you paid attention to Pastrnak. That's high end.

Shaw think he's too good to bring energy now. He is a high-end talent who is above all this.

He needs a wake up call. I'm so disappointed by the lack of balls this team has shown tonight.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Yeah they did. The entire team didn't show up tonight. Most nights they do play hard even if they don't win. Tonight wasn't the case. The Bruins were the better team but the Habs showed nothing and were absolutely putrid. Habs/Bruins games are pretty meh these days.
Is it mailing it in or just unable to compete against a better team because it certainly can look that way, the Minny game was the same.

Reactions: Rapala

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Is it mailing it in or just unable to compete against a better team because it certainly can look that way, the Minny game was the same.

Looked like a bit of both tonight but likely more the team just isn't that good when the competition is better. Like I said tough times are ahead for this team when teams ramp up their games and the intense playoff push comes soon. It's coming.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I've brought up our match ups before but for some reason people just get too defensive and don't want to even admit it as a possibility.
We had a very easy schedule to start the year. It didn't look like it to start the season with LA and Pittsburgh facing us, but turns out they're struggling this year. It continued through end of Oct, and then we started getting tougher teams, we went 7-8-3 over that stretch. Early dec comes around and again, easy match ups including 3 games versus OTT. When I brought this up though, it wasn't about facing those garbage teams...it was Weber's return that made everything so awesome.
Well, it definitely doesn't look like Weber's making things all pretty whenever we face tougher teams, losing to SJ-Minny-BOS...even vs Carolina, they were lucky to get that win and played pretty poorly.

Will be interesting to see how we fare off on the road with tougher games through early Jan. Let's see if match ups matter more than Weber's return.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The Habs defense needs all the prayers they can get before facing that Colorado first line. That could get really ugly but also fun to watch some elite talent.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad