Bruins Reverse Retro Jerseys

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I definitely see myself buying the Boston, Arizona, and Minnesota ones. The Minnesota ones in particular are awesome. That should become the template for their jerseys full time. The Arizona one's are a trip. The green version was a favorite of mine as a kid (I have a youth version in storage somewhere). And count me in any time the B's dawn a gold jersey!!!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I am really, really liking that Whaler retro jersey. First hockey jersey I ever bought was a Whaler, bought it right there in the mall where they used to play.

Reactions: rfournier103

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Seems weird that they have a Chara retro reverse on the shop when he's a free agent. Maybe they know something we don't?

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I wish it were black or white personally, don’t love the mustard.

I like the Lightning, Wild, Pens, and Flyers the best.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The Bruins jersey looks better than what the leaked photo showed. I like it, don't love it. My personal top 5 would be:

1. Colorado
2. Columbus
3. Florida
4. Minnesota
5. Pittsburgh

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I also like Colorado's the best. When the prices drop to reality, I think I'll get a Sakic

1. Colorado
2. Buffalo
3, Minny
4. Washington
5. St. Louis

Dallas' jerseys are cool but I wish they worked in the North Stars

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I have to say, that I like Washington's a lot more now that I've seen the whole thing...

It's a little weird seeing red behind that logo, but it's way better than their current logo/jerseys.

edit: grammar

Last edited:

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
If I had to rank:

1. Arizona
2. Minnesota
3. San Jose
4. Montreal (I hate to praise anything about that team, but those Blues look so nice)
5. Florida

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
A number of jerseys had white cuffs or sleeves. Might be an Adidas design touch meant to tie together the collection

I think the cuff on the Bs jersey really diminishes what could have been a pretty good look.

Hopefully we get to see the retro jersey on the ice someday....a friend and I were speculating we might not be back in the Garden until October of 2021

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Anaheim and San Jose are huge fails. Why didn’t SJ go with first logo scheme...same with Anaheim.

Some look fantastic, some are meh. Some are brutal.

I dig the Bruins one tho. Coulda been way worse.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Big praise for the Bruins' Reverse Retro efforts from uni-watch.com:

A Look at All 31 NHL Reverse Retro Jerseys

"Feels more like a “normal” design than a RR design, but whatever — this is clearly the best jersey in the entire RR program. Make it permanent!"

This hits the nail on the head for me. Maybe I'm used to seeing gold in Providence. Maybe I'm used to seeing it on the 2010 Winter Classic jersey. But if you ignore the meth bar (but really, how can you ignore it?), it doesn't stand out at all. The "make it permanent" comment is what they almost always do - the most recent WC jersey morphed into a third jersey for that season. They'll keep this for 2021-22 so that they get to show them off in front of fans.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
I would love to hear the explanation behind the white cuffs. It seems extra for the sake of being extra.
The cuffs are because they were strict to the swapping of colors. They took the 90s white jersey and, aside from the collar, strictly changed white to gold, gold to black, and black to white. Cuffs ruin it for me, but hopefully we won't see them much with gloves. would have been better without them or keeping them black.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Has anyone had any experience buying NHL jersey's from oversea's?
The cost oversea is so much cheaper, albeit the quality is not 100% up to par with domestic.
Any suggestions who I can buy from?
Thanks

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Has anyone had any experience buying NHL jersey's from oversea's?
The cost oversea is so much cheaper, albeit the quality is not 100% up to par with domestic.
Any suggestions who I can buy from?
Thanks

I forget the name but I think we had a full blown donnybrook in a thread dedicated to jerseys years ago. Icethetics maybe? There were several knock offs discussed, some far better than others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad