Bruins Reverse Retro Jerseys

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I really like the jerseys that took a chance, Anaheim and Arizona for example to do something "out there" and not confine to regularity like the Islanders and Predators.

How many times in the future will teams have a chance to really show off and do something crazy like they can now with some of these great jerseys.

I really enjoy most of them, well done NHL, being the most reserved league of the big 4, they really came out of their comfort zone and excelled.

Reactions: TD Charlie

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I really like the jerseys that took a chance, Anaheim and Arizona for example to do something "out there" and not confine to regularity like the Islanders and Predators.

How many times in the future will teams have a chance to really show off and do something crazy like they can now with some of these great jerseys.

I really enjoy most of them, well done NHL, being the most reserved league of the big 4, they really came out of their comfort zone and excelled.

agreed. Im firmly in the "make the 80s/90s jerseys the permanent ones" camp. But the more I think about it, the more I kinda want a jersey with the Meth Bear on the crest

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If the Pooh Bear jerseys had Meth Bear on the front instead of that sleepy brown bear, they'd have been beloved.

I think that's going a bit too far lol. At best, they'd sell well for Halloween sweaters. They would be terrifying.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Don't like the Bruins in Gold. Too much yellow. Put the black jersey from the 80's and 90's and I'm fine. There was a time only one team had black jersey in the NHL. Boston Bruins. Then they allowed the Penguins of all teams to change their original colour from blue and white to black.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Don't like the Bruins in Gold. Too much yellow. Put the black jersey from the 80's and 90's and I'm fine. There was a time only one team had black jersey in the NHL. Boston Bruins. Then they allowed the Penguins of all teams to change their original colour from blue and white to black.
Their fans will tell you they had black and yellow first. Or should I say gold.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Their fans will tell you they had black and yellow first. Or should I say gold.

They were able to demonstrate to the league that the 1925 Pittsburgh Pirates of the NHL had black and gold jerseys while the Bruins were still wearing brown so the league approved the change. Jacobs didn't fight it hard enough to protect his branding.

412 Others

5Cups beats 2Cups
Mar 24, 2009
Black + Gold = Pittsburgh
Because it's too unique a color scheme to be tainted by that filthy Pittsburgh team. Go back to baby blue.
The Penguins attempted to wear Pittsburgh colors when they entered the league. The only reason they started out with baby blue, is because the Bruins protested, due to an apparent comfort level they reached by appropriating the Pittsburgh brand.

No need for the hostility. I wouldn't tell you to go back to brown and yellow. We're certainly happy to allow the Bruins to wear our city's colors. The Patriots, Red Sox, and Celtics can too. The Boston city flag can be changed to match ours as well.

Unique color scheme? That's adorable!

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
The Penguins attempted to wear Pittsburgh colors when they entered the league. The only reason they started out with baby blue, is because the Bruins protested, due to an apparent comfort level they reached by appropriating the Pittsburgh brand.

No need for the hostility. I wouldn't tell you to go back to brown and yellow. We're certainly happy to allow the Bruins to wear our city's colors. The Patriots, Red Sox, and Celtics can too. The Boston city flag can be changed to match ours as well.

Unique color scheme? That's adorable!
umm...your team willingly employed Ulf Samuelsson and Matt Cooke. telling us not to be hostile is f***ing laughable.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I don’t have a jersey, but if they came out with 80’s jersey, I would be FORCED to get one. It’s timeless. Just do it! What’s the hold up man?

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
My son is a huge Caps fan (born and grew up in DC area) and they sold out of the Caps Retro Jerseys in like 24hrs online.

No trouble getting one from some scumbag on Ebay for $350+ however.........

I'll be damned if I'm going to give one of those pricks the satisfaction.....

Reactions: Sevendust

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA

EoXM54tUYAILZ5_

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Solid, I dig the gold socks with it. Something about the whole getup seems missing to me - I'm thinking it's the neck- but I can live with it.

Dallas's are just horrible. White pants? What are they thinking?

Also, what's the difference between the Islanders' retro thirds and the jerseys they normally wear? Aren't they the exact same with a slightly darker shade of blue? Where's the "remix"?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
My son is a huge Caps fan (born and grew up in DC area) and they sold out of the Caps Retro Jerseys in like 24hrs online.

No trouble getting one from some scumbag on Ebay for $350+ however.........

I'll be damned if I'm going to give one of those pricks the satisfaction.....
Just wait and get it for $35.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
If you ordered a reverse jersey from the pro shop they haven't received them in from Adidas yet.

The proshop said they are hoping to have them mailed out to customers by Christmas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad