Bruins Reverse Retro Jerseys

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
my main disappointments are the Red Wings (just looks like a practice jersey and I don’t get the silver striping), islanders (what changed lol) and the Ducks. That Ducks jersey is absolutely hideous. Those were the ones that stood out poorly.

love the Bruins, Montreal is cool and I love Minnesota.
I believe the silver striping for the Wings is because they won the Cup the year they're throwing back to.

Isles swapped navy for royal because Lou Lamoriello hates alternate jerseys.

Some teams had a challenge because if they simply did a color swap on an existing throwback, it would just be the home or away version of that same throwback.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I like them. I would say I like around 50% of the jerseys. Doesn't even seem some teams tried.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I like em. Will order one next week when I get paid again.

Anyone know the price point?

The whale on the Whalers jersey looks like Fudgie the Whale

I might get both the Bruins & the Whalers depending on the cost of course.

Adidas did a very good job for the most part.

Reactions: Alicat

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Yeah, a couple of these are really horrible. Luckily the Bruins made out pretty well. Not a huge fan of the white cuffs but I think it’ll look nice on the ice in full gear and pads.

There are also a couple of absolutely stunning ones. Its pretty rare for the novelty jerseys they do for the winter classic, all star game, etc. to be even passable so kudos to them. I’m a sucker for the Nordiques old logo and jersey. So clean...

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I might get both the Bruins & the Whalers depending on the cost of course.

Adidas did a very good job for the most part.
I definitely want a Bergy one.

I 'm not really worried about the white sleeves. I wash my jerseys after every game I go to and even if I wear them at home, I do not eat while wearing them especially the lighter ones I own.

Reactions: BMC

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Bruins one is not bad but I do hate the white at the bottom of the sleeves, reminds me of old school waiters with the white towel hanging from their arm.

Colorado I really like as well as Minnys
yeah. why arent sleeve bottoms black??

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
unnamed.jpg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I feel like the Islanders missed the opportunity to bring back the fisherman.

Dallas and Anaheim are atrocious.

Were the Sabres going with the decorative butter knife look?

My faves are:

Bruins
Flames
Jets
Carolina
Colorado
Devils
Washington

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
The majority of these are really sharp.

Definitely getting the B's.

Really like Colorado, the Whale, NYR, Pittsburgh, and Minnesota, but there's only a few I dislike.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Was really hoping the Sabres would go with the Miro Satan-era Buffalo-head jerseys but I think their's still look sharp

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I watched that 30 for 30 about 6 years ago, having been a bit too young at the time to understand (or even care) about the Spano story when it happened. Pretty crazy that it got as far as it did.

What amused me was Fleet Bank had a reputation for not being an easy place to get even a car loan yet gave Spano EIGHTY MILLION.

Banker in Spano Deal Quits (Published 1997)

Fleet contacted Jacobs who assured the bank that Spano had been vetted by the NHL and Bettman admitted the league did not do due diligence as everyone assumed he had been vetted.

Reactions: BruinDust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad