Confirmed with Link: Bruins Re-sign David Krejci -- 6 years $43 million

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
No chance in hell. You don't retire the jersey of a guy who won't get a sniff at the HHOF unles you're the Hurricanes

I wonder what it's like to be the only person in the entire world of hockey who hates Bergeron? I's like a Catholic hating Mother Theresa, but I think even she had more critics. :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It was worse, Wesley just kind of panicked and missed the net, Daugevans looked like he hot dogged and missed an easy open net, feeling the need to show off, that just about anybody else would have buried.

Id like to have a crystal ball and know results of series if both scored. I'm not ready to assume each series games 2 would have gone the same. Boston seemed to be done in 1990 after that but two years ago they recovered.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Overall I mean though. They've done a great job at allocating the cap properly to maintain their core, identifying expendable pieces and obviously stay super competitive.

And so have the Bruins. Locked up their core long term, for below market prices (or with the cap raise, what will be below). Krejci, Bergeron, Chara, Rask, Seidenberg, Lucic, all locked up long term. They have 11 NMCs on their roster. So does Chicago. They are 2.2 mill over the cap right now, don't have Handzus signed (not sure if they will). They still have to clear cap, and thats if they run a bottom 6 of Smith, Kruger, Shaw, Versteeg, Teravainen, Bickell. They have to find a way to move cap. If you want to argue their drafting ability and willingness to use younger players, you're absolutely right. But the cap management has been eh. Their drafting has saved them in a lot of ways. Boston would look like much better cap managers if their draft picks had panned out.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
No chance in hell. You don't retire the jersey of a guy who won't get a sniff at the HHOF unles you're the Hurricanes

Bergeron 400 G 750 A multiple Selke trophies, won at least 1 Cup probably another and that would clearly do it. Won Olympic gold, Masterson, come back, World gold, U-20 Canada gold....he's going in

member 96824

And so have the Bruins. Locked up their core long term, for below market prices (or with the cap raise, what will be below). Krejci, Bergeron, Chara, Rask, Seidenberg, Lucic, all locked up long term. They have 11 NMCs on their roster. So does Chicago. They are 2.2 mill over the cap right now, don't have Handzus signed (not sure if they will). They still have to clear cap, and thats if they run a bottom 6 of Smith, Kruger, Shaw, Versteeg, Teravainen, Bickell. They have to find a way to move cap. If you want to argue their drafting ability and willingness to use younger players, you're absolutely right. But the cap management has been eh. Their drafting has saved them in a lot of ways. Boston would look like much better cap managers if their draft picks had panned out.

I haven't said they don't. I have some minor criticisms like the Kelly, Campbell, and even McQuaid contracts being a little too high...but at the end of the day, they've done well.

Doesn't have to be one or the other.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I haven't said they don't. I have some minor criticisms like the Kelly, Campbell, and even McQuaid contracts being a little too high...but at the end of the day, they've done well.

one month from today they will be early in the second period of the home opener we should have a contest to see who can name the 20 skaters- bet no one here gets all correct

member 96824

one month from today they will be early in the second period of the home opener we should have a contest to see who can name the 20 skaters- bet no one here gets all correct

I'll take that bet.

That no one is right :laugh:

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA

Fair, my bad then! I get you confused with some other posters!

And Dan, I'll take that bet as well!

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Bergeron 400 G 750 A multiple Selke trophies, won at least 1 Cup probably another and that would clearly do it. Won Olympic gold, Masterson, come back, World gold, U-20 Canada gold....he's going in

"And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter." Rev 8:11 ;)

David Krejci*

Bergeron is as good of a Bruin as there ever was or will be. He IS the Bruins. If he doesn't get his number retired, nobody should.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Bergeron is as good of a Bruin as there ever was or will be. He IS the Bruins. If he doesn't get his number retired, nobody should.

I nearly choked on my toast. Some of you people never lived Bobby Orr or even Terry O'Reilly I guess. And I never lived Eddie Shore.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I love Bergeron, but Bobby Orr is the greatest hockey player that ever lived IMO. He revolutionized the way the game was played. If you never got to see him play, think a guy that could skate and score like the best offensive d-men of today (PK, Karlsson), but played D like a Weber or Suter.

Orr trumps Bergeron all week long and twice on Sunday.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I think you guys are going off the deep end a bit. He never said Bergeron was better than Orr (or anyone else), he said Bergeron is as "good of a Bruin as there ever was." Bergeron is special to the Bruins, and to Boston, and I don't doubt if he wins another Cup his number will end up in the rafters as well. Terry O'Reilly didn't come close to the HoF, yet his number's up there, because of what he meant to the franchise. Bergeron, even if you believe he won't be in the Hall (I think he's got a shot), is very special to this generation of Bruins fans.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
I love Bergeron, but Bobby Orr is the greatest hockey player that ever lived IMO. He revolutionized the way the game was played. If you never got to see him play, think a guy that could skate and score like the best offensive d-men of today (PK, Karlsson), but played D like a Weber or Suter.

Orr trumps Bergeron all week long and twice on Sunday.

Orr is incredibly overrated as a hockey player.

He had immense talent, there is no doubt, but just watch the Bruin collapse in 1971 versus the Habs where they went from leading 5-1 to losing 7-5. Orr was on the ice for all of the Habs goals...he was tremendous versus California and St. Louis, but not so good when it counted most.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
It's comments like this that make be glad there is an ignore button; your comments would be laughable if they weren't so sad.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

He had immense talent, there is no doubt, but just watch the Bruin collapse in 1971 versus the Habs where they went from leading 5-1 to losing 7-5. Orr was on the ice for all of the Habs goals...he was tremendous versus California and St. Louis, but not so good when it counted most.

Bobby Orr was the greatest hockey player in history. Period.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya

Doug Harvey, considered by many to be the second best defencemen of all time, shot the puck into his own net losing the Stanley Cup in 1954. I guess he is overrated too. :shakehead

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Good grief, no wonder so many great posters have left the building in recent years:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad