Confirmed with Link: Bruins Re-sign David Krejci -- 6 years $43 million

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
FLUTO SHINZAWA | ON HOCKEY
Bruins’ core now stronger with David Krejci deal

His contract situation settled, the Bruins’ David Krejci just wants to play hockey ... and win Stanley Cups.

In 2021, the final season of his six-year, $43.5 million extension, David Krejci will be 35 years old.

“The core is here,†Krejci said Monday at TD Garden. “I feel like we still have lots of years left. We can compete for a Cup in the next few years. That’s one of the reasons I decided to sign now and not wait for next year when I’ll be a free agent and see what’s out there. I was really happy the deal happened before the season started. We can just move on, not think about anything, and just play hockey.â€

Zdeno Chara, Patrice Bergeron, and Tuukka Rask are the Bruins’ franchise men. Chara scares the puck out of the defensive zone. Bergeron possesses it all over the ice. Rask repels it.

“I’m only 28 right now,†Krejci said. “I feel like I’m just entering my prime right now.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...-core-group/eTUdpIcd6dsmV1kCpJMuLK/story.html

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Krejci anxious to lead, sip from another Cup

“Maybe I could have gotten more, maybe less, but money really wasn’t the issue,†said Krejci, whose $43.5 million contract extension isn’t exactly chump change, either. “I wanted to play where I could win and to feel that (general manager) Peter (Chiarelli) and the organization feels that I could help them win the Cup means a lot. I didn’t hesitate and I’m happy I can be a Bruin for the next seven years.â€

http://bostonherald.com/sports/brui...9/krejci_anxious_to_lead_sip_from_another_cup

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Me too. If there was a draft of all NHL players, I'd pick both of those Hawks over both Bruins. I'd acknowledge Bergeron, for my money, is a more sound player than Kane, but given the need for playmaking in this league, I'd take Kane over him. And I think Krejci is a clear #4 on that list.

I suppose what ultimately matters is what the Bruins do with that other $7 million.

Bergeron is WAY better than Kane and arguably equal to Toews. He's done it all. Kane vs Bergeron is like Theo Fleury vs Marc Messier, not even close. Kane's 10.5 is a joke. Chicago goes downhill when those deals kick in

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Bergeron 400 G 750 A multiple Selke trophies, won at least 1 Cup probably another and that would clearly do it. Won Olympic gold, Masterson, come back, World gold, U-20 Canada gold....he's going in

2 golds and World champ before World junior. He's the only player to do so:handclap:

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Orr is incredibly overrated as a hockey player.

He had immense talent, there is no doubt, but just watch the Bruin collapse in 1971 versus the Habs where they went from leading 5-1 to losing 7-5. Orr was on the ice for all of the Habs goals...he was tremendous versus California and St. Louis, but not so good when it counted most.

:amazed:

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Let me tell you a story about Bobby Orr the person.

My brother is a Leafs fan and a huge fan of Patrick Roy. He had a friend who was drafted by the Avs while Roy tended goal for them and Orr was his agent. He asked his friend to get him anything signed by Roy. Unfortunately, he got traded before he had the chance.

He asked Orr if he could get something of Roy's for my brother. Or sent him a huge framed picture (about 4' X 4') of "the goal" autographed by him with a note saying he would get an autographed game used stick from Roy as soon as he could.

At charity events he is often MIA, only to be found chatting behind the scene with average folks. Superstar player and superstar person

Last edited:

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Orr is incredibly overrated as a hockey player.

He had immense talent, there is no doubt, but just watch the Bruin collapse in 1971 versus the Habs where they went from leading 5-1 to losing 7-5. Orr was on the ice for all of the Habs goals...he was tremendous versus California and St. Louis, but not so good when it counted most.

This is like watching an aging shock jock losing his audience, so he just tries to up the ante by a million, but it is just sad and everyone feels badly for him, not by him.

It's like, "Okay guy, we get it, you are edgy. But seriously, stop wearing tank tops and sandals all the time. It's pathetic and you are bumming us out."

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bergeron 400 G 750 A multiple Selke trophies, won at least 1 Cup probably another and that would clearly do it. Won Olympic gold, Masterson, come back, World gold, U-20 Canada gold....he's going in

I think he's got a shot at 1000 points, but he's going to have to do some serious stat compiling to get there...especially when you figure in injuries and natural decline. He's 29 and under 500 points. He'll need to average at least 50 points a year for the next 10 years. It's doable, but he'll have to hope there isn't another lockout or he doesn't suffer injuries.

I think if Bergeron gets one more Selke and another cup win on his resume, hitting 1000 points will get him into the HOF.

It's a little sad: without the lockouts and without concussions, Bergy would probably have a legit shot at 1300 points in his career to go along with his reputation as the best two way center in the league. We'd be having discussions if he or Espo was the best ever at center to lace them up for the Bruins.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I think he's got a shot at 1000 points, but he's going to have to do some serious stat compiling to get there...especially when you figure in injuries and natural decline. He's 29 and under 500 points. He'll need to average at least 50 points a year for the next 10 years. It's doable, but he'll have to hope there isn't another lockout or he doesn't suffer injuries.

I think if Bergeron gets one more Selke and another cup win on his resume, hitting 1000 points will get him into the HOF.

It's a little sad: without the lockouts and without concussions, Bergy would probably have a legit shot at 1300 points in his career to go along with his reputation as the best two way center in the league. We'd be having discussions if he or Espo was the best ever at center to lace them up for the Bruins.

I'd have a hard time comparing his career to Espo's 5 scoring titles and 2 MVPs (with Orr on the same team),8 All Star teams and 717 goals and 1600 points.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Intelligent enough that I could see him getting involved on an executive level too

He already has a head start a she's part of the Bathurst Titans ownership group along with Sean Couturier, Roberto Luongo, Bruno Gervais and Mathieu Perreault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad