Confirmed with Link: Bruins re-sign Bartkowski 1yr, 1 way Deal

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Per Joe Haggerty on twitter: "Cheerios are also Jarome Iginla's favorite breakfast cereal...coincidence? I think not."

Actually, Murph was my source. He was hiding in Chia's kids box of Lucky Charms. Of course, he then texted Haggs, as he does for most of his source info.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
So you can now get cheerios in every flavor imaginable, eh?

Reminds me of my soon to be in laws who decided to start eating healthy. They now eat salad (with tons of cheese and dressing of course) and oatmeal (with sugar and peanut butter)

I sprinkle a half teaspoon of brown sugar in my oatmeal....oh well

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
And don't forget, Kevin Garnett eats Honey Hut Cheerios. :)

Garnett-Cheerios-LaLa.jpg

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Wonder what the $$$ is, my bet is he is the 7th defencemen next year and we re-sign Johnson.

650k - bruins announce contract terms now - they've been doing it for quite a while. other teams should follow suit.

bartkowski is a better skater than last i saw him. not overwhelmed by the guy, but he could be a 3rd pairing guy pretty soon.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT

That's hilarious. :laugh:

Back on topic, I included Bart in my lowball Iginla deal last night. Don't forget people, just because a GM asks for the moon - doesn't mean he'll get it. Plenty of times we've seen everyone saying the cost will be crazy, only to be shocked by a normal 3-to-1 return.

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
650k - bruins announce contract terms now - they've been doing it for quite a while. other teams should follow suit.

bartkowski is a better skater than last i saw him. not overwhelmed by the guy, but he could be a 3rd pairing guy pretty soon.

650k is not bad for a probable 7th d-man. I don't care much for numbers and accounting and contract talks, but neither am I overwhelmed by Bartkowski. He practically cost the B's that game in Tronno, but heck, that happens. If the management believes in him I can have patience, too. I'd much rather see someone else in the lineup at this point, though.

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
650k is not bad for a probable 7th d-man. I don't care much for numbers and accounting and contract talks, but neither am I overwhelmed by Bartkowski. He practically cost the B's that game in Tronno, but heck, that happens. If the management believes in him I can have patience, too. I'd much rather see someone else in the lineup at this point, though.
Now how did he go about costing them that game with Krejci sniffing around the leaf instead of back checking?

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006

As a third pair or #7 Bartkowski is already better defensively than Kaberle, Corvo, Kampfer and Zanon were in Boston. Good value signing.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It means either the Bruins, the Flames, or both feel he's NHL ready.

Agreed and I think it`s the Flames who said they`d take him, word is the Flames are insisting on an "almost ready or ready" NHL prospect who is under contract, the timing of the Bart signing screams bye bye to him as part of this deal

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
As a third pair or #7 Bartkowski is already better defensively than Kaberle, Corvo, Kampfer and Zanon were in Boston. Good value signing.

Agreed. He's not far away from being able to contribute on a consistent basis.

Not a cat you want out there for 20 minutes a night. But I see potential for a spot on the club.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

:laugh: Wow

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
You know what, poor Matt Bartkowski

Everyone else really had a hand in all of this but him and in the end he most likely suffers most because of it.

He's now in a contract his GM really did not want for him here so he has a one-way deal with a team who would rather not play him.

His development, as far as I can see, just hit a brick wall?

Hopefully he can make the best of it.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Everyone else really had a hand in all of this but him and in the end he most likely suffers most because of it.

He's now in a contract his GM really did not want for him here so he has a one-way deal with a team who would rather not play him.

His development, as far as I can see, just hit a brick wall?

Hopefully he can make the best of it.

He got a one way deal out of this...

tumblr_lyc51tCVGv1r03eaxo1_400.gif

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
What about Horton and Koko? Think about it, getting Iginla would've meant no Horton next year (assuming Chiarelli wanted to re-sign Iginla), and Koko was almost traded twice getting the Kessel treatment. I think this is bad going forward. Horton Knows he's gone that's a bad thing going forward.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Who cares? Honestly?

Are we gonna make a thread about every player who might get traded feeling bad for them? So ****ing what, he was about to get traded, it's part of being a pro athlete. Boohoo, life goes on.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
I really don't think so, as he and Khokhlachev are as good as traded in whatever deals we do happen to make. Maybe he won't be a Flame, but he won't be a Bruin after 4/3 either IMO.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
I think Bart ends up going somehow because his 1 way deal who knows but I think its time PC turned in his value.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Yup....Feaster may be bad for Calgary but this mess also leaves the Bs with two young assets knowing they are not part of the future and one already listless first winger reading the writing on the wall

sandtoorr

Jul 26, 2005
While I'm sure there's a sentimental sort of attachment you get to the team that drafts/signs you, I think some of you think of it as ... well fans. I love the Bruins and have been following them for almost three decades, it would be devastating for the Bruins to trade me. Bart and Koko have been part of this organization for a couple years my guess is they don't have the same kind of love/attachment to the Boston organization (yet).

I don't think there's any need to feel bad for them. If they weren't good players, and not wanted, they would have been released for nada. If they don't realize that they're not very smart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad