Sep 27, 2010
Boston, MA
He got a one way deal out of this...

tumblr_lyc51tCVGv1r03eaxo1_400.gif

:handclap::handclap:

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I really don't think so, as he and Khokhlachev are as good as traded in whatever deals we do happen to make. Maybe he won't be a Flame, but he won't be a Bruin after 4/3 either IMO.

I think it's somewhere between you're probably going to die but we're gonna treat this cancer with everything we have and no, we don't treat that kind of cancer, you're dead.

He went from being part of a deal to being something we have to get rid of.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I was thinking about this with MacDermid. We as fans can sit here and say well he should be playing in the AHL, why is he sitting in the press box doing nothing.

Well, if I was slated to be a career AHL'er, I would much rather get paid 10x my AHL salary to sit around and not play in the NHL.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I don't think it's a big deal. The guys know this is a business; and surely they can see the point when the trade return is a Jarome Iginla. I actually thought before the trade went down that a Bartkowski signing might be a precursor to moving Boychuk for salary cap space in the off-season. Bart & Krug become your 6 & 7, and you gain cap space to spend on Horton, Rask, and Ference. Svedberg in the back-up slot. I think it all fits under.

sandtoorr

Jul 26, 2005
Regardless, it's pretty damn ****** that Feaster couldn't call Chia back and say "hold off" before he went and told his guys that they had been dealt. Real BS play and I'm happy that Chia held him publicly accountable for it.

Agreed 100%. Feaster sacrified his reputation by allowing Iginla to control him, and for what? Two B prospects and a late 1st rounder?. Why would he even tell Iginla Pittsburgh had an acceptable offer on the table? He should have stuck to his word and said he had a deal with Boston and it was either get on a plane to Boston or rot in Calgary.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
What about Horton and Koko? Think about it, getting Iginla would've meant no Horton next year (assuming Chiarelli wanted to re-sign Iginla), and Koko was almost traded twice getting the Kessel treatment. I think this is bad going forward. Horton Knows he's gone that's a bad thing going forward.

The way Horton's playing, it is irrelevant. He literally can't be worse. Soon enough he will be in the press box.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Bartkowski - Can Anyone Explain Why Calgary Wanted The 1-Way Deal?

Just wondering if anyone knows the reasoning behind Bartkowski's 1-way deal?

Why would a team request that instead of wanting the player to have a 2-way deal?

What is the advantage for the team?

Or was this purely a sign and trade that Calgary wanted and Bartkowski's agent would only accept a 1-way deal?

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I suspect Bartowski basically demanded one. Pretty good chance someone would have given him one this summer, so why would he not demand one when he had the bruins a bit over the barrell

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
It still irks me that we signed him in order to appease the Flames and then Feaster couldn't get it done.

Feaster should have called Chiarelli and offered a middle round pick for him to make up for it.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
maybe they didn't want him to hold out for a million so they insisted he sign for league minimum first

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Judging by everything that has been seen with how that org has ran recently, I'm not expecting any legitimate reason.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It still irks me that we signed him in order to appease the Flames and then Feaster couldn't get it done.

Feaster should have called Chiarelli and offered a middle round pick for him to make up for it.

He may have, but honestly I am not sure it is in Boston's best interest to trade him for a 5th round pick. The B's are thin on the blueline at the moment, and Bartowski is by far the most ready #8 defenseman.

If Boston had dealt him on Thursday as they thought, I think they were going to have to make a quick move to bring in a depth defenseman

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
A couple reasons, I suspect. First and foremost, familiarity and cost control. If the Flames had to negotiate the contract, they may not get as good of a price on the contract - might only be a 100k difference, but it's something.

Also, it's paid-for work detail. I could see the the offer being bartkowski as-is, then Feaster saying "get him signed to a 1 year deal under $750k, and you have a deal". Feaster then doesn't have to bother drumming up a new contract, contacting the agent, etc.. Saves a bit of work.

Root

Feb 22, 2010

I'm glad they didn't. i think this kid is going to be a solid NHL player. better then krug who everyone here seems to love for reasons beyond me

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
There are worst things in the world than Bartkowski making 650k as the 7th defencemen next year, hell it's almost necessary with our salary cap situation.

Unlike the previous Bruins college defencemen (Hunwick, Kampfer) Bartkowski has some size and isn't afraid to get physical. With his good skating ability he could be an ideal bottom pairing guy for a defecenmen like McQuaid.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Totally agree about the money situation...but don't like to see him sitting in the press box for 75% of next year's games...plus now it is MUCH harder to move him because he can't be sent down.

There are worst things in the world than Bartkowski making 650k as the 7th defencemen next year, hell it's almost necessary with our salary cap situation.

Unlike the previous Bruins college defencemen (Hunwick, Kampfer) Bartkowski has some size and isn't afraid to get physical. With his good skating ability he could be an ideal bottom pairing guy for a defecenmen like McQuaid.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
Totally agree about the money situation...but don't like to see him sitting in the press box for 75% of next year's games...plus now it is MUCH harder to move him because he can't be sent down.

he can be sent down, he just gets paid the nhl salary no matter where he is playing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad