Confirmed with Link: Bruins re-sign Bartkowski 1yr, 1 way Deal

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
i really dont see the big deal in this signing.. every time bartkowski has come up he has gotten better. people are shredding him for miniscule things , where , a lot of goals scored didnt have a ton to do with him.. he also looks a lot bigger to me, finally filling out his frame.. you need depth and at the very least he is a very good depth defenseman.. im completely ok with bart being our 5-7 dman . relax , i feel like this is a good deal !

It's not a big deal ... at all. It's a fringe NHLer who has signed for pretty much as little as you can pay an NHL player. There aren't even any cap consequences to either this contract or Bourque's. If neither player makes the roster, they don't count against the cap. All this heart warming concern for JJ's pocket book is certainly an about-face.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I did think Bartkowski looked pretty impressive bringing the puck up the rink last night, not many of our defenseman try that often. I didn't really pay attention to his physical or defensive zone play but offensively I thought he was decent. So if he were to be the #6-7 next season that could work out.

I hope so to, but I think the economic realities are what they are for next year. I don't think he is necessarily in your top 6 next year, but he could certainly be in your top 7 and compete for ice time. Ference's play this year, though better as of late, has been inconsistent at best. He is a nice luxury to have as a veteran guy with experience and leadership, but they just may not be able to overpay for that next year. Ference could be back here, but it would have to be at the Bruins price. I think Bartkowski is decent insurance to have. He at least has some room to grow, and I am willing to trust the Bruin's evaluators on this one, at least as far as him growing into the position long term. But I hope you are right too, I hope this is a precursor to a trade for a legit piece. We'll see.

Agreed with this.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I don't think a signed Bartkowski is any more tradable. It's not like Calgary would have to worry about losing him to offer sheet. It's a one year, small term deal for a depth defenseman. If by chance he can't hack it as a seventh defenseman next year $650k isn't gonna keep him out of the AHL. He'll be 25 in June and has played three seasons in Providence, it's not like he's gonna develop a whole lot more in the AHL anyway. He's either an NHL player by now or not.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Trade or no trade I think that Bart may be with the big team for the season since McQuaid looks to be done for the season.

If they trade him-a 1 year contract makes him worth something, if we keep him it means they likely plan for him to stay with the big team at least as a #7 next season.

Still not sold on Bart but the front office seems to be sold on him.

Kaoz*

Am I missing something? Why would CGY want Bartkowski?

shhhhhhh, jesus man, you'll ruin the whole thing.

No really, kid has potential maybe? Already NHL capable, has NHL size, maybe they think he'll develop into something solid down the line, Ference like perhaps?

Or maybe they don't and this is just a regular re-sign.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
In other news, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli ate Cheerios for breakfast this morning....OMG, cheerios?! They must be close on Iginla! He wouldn't eat Cheerios if he wasn't close on Iginla! He wouldn't have eaten anything if he wasn't close to a deal!!

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
In other news, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli ate Cheerios for breakfast this morning....OMG, cheerios?! They must be close on Iginla! He wouldn't eat Cheerios if he wasn't close on Iginla! He wouldn't have eaten anything if he wasn't close to a deal!!

UGH Chia, what are you thinking? While Cheerios are part of a heart healthy breakfast, you still have to pour fat laden milk on them!

Dickie Dunn wrote this. It's gotta be true!

Kaoz*

Source? How do you know he had Cheerios this morning?

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I just don't see why a team would ask a sign & trade for Matt Bartkowski.

The rumor is (from OOG) is that Boston is Iginla's primary choice to go.. So CGY might be willing to take less from Chia to give Iginla what he wants.

So if they are going to take less, they'd probably prefer that they have one of the pieces (Bartkowski?) to not be a threat to just... not sign with them.

Kind of like being a caveman and trading a pelt and an icecube for some aged steak. Good chance the icecube will melt by the time it gets to your trading partner. The sign and trade is packing that icecube in a thermos to keep it cold for a while.

Man my analogies are ****ing awesome.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital

Per Joe Haggerty on twitter: "Cheerios are also Jarome Iginla's favorite breakfast cereal...coincidence? I think not."

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
36678032.jpg

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Actually he couldn't decide between the regular Cherios and the Honey Nut flavored ones....At this time he is still evaluating..

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Cheerios was a bad decision ... very bad.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Actually he couldn't decide between the regular Cherios and the Honey Nut flavored ones....At this time he is still evaluating..

If the Bruins acquire Iginla, and they have a deadline history of acquiring Recchi, Seidenberg, Kaberle/Peverley/Kelly, and Iginla (even Rolston played pretty good hockey in the other year) can we put the foolish still evaluating meme to bed. All GMs are always evaluating*

*Excludes Scott Howson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad