Confirmed with Link: Bruins re-sign Bartkowski 1yr, 1 way Deal

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Couple things on Bartkowski- last couple of times I went to Providence I really liked what I saw especially the last game specifically his jam. I was never a fan so I wasn't expecting anything or looking. I thought he did very well in the Toronto game except for a per center ice icing that almost cost them. Last night again he was solid. I kinda like him as did the Calgary scouts who dogged the baby B's

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Agreed. I think the more time he spends the NHL, the better heèll get. I dig him.

I agree. And i hope he and Krug are the 6th and 7th d-man next year.

We wont know what we have in this kids until they have played a dozen nhl games and with next years cap we will need them to step up and play.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Calgary certainly still wants him but no way I hand him over I think we might have something- Weisbrod must be bummed over this

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Couple things on Bartkowski- last couple of times I went to Providence I really liked what I saw especially the last game specifically his jam. I was never a fan so I wasn't expecting anything or looking. I thought he did very well in the Toronto game except for a per center ice icing that almost cost them. Last night again he was solid. I kinda like him as did the Calgary scouts who dogged the baby B's

Unlike Dan, I always liked Bartkowski (maybe because he's a Polock like me :laugh:), and (pat on the back time) and thought he was better than Kampfer. Got bashed for that quite a bit here on HF, as Dan could attest to.

The D guys I like tend to be a little slower to develop for some reason. Always liked McQuaid better than Boychuk as well and he took awhile to get here as well. Thought Bartkowski looked much more comfortable last night and his decision making in all three zones was much better than his first couple of games.

Hope the B's hang on to him unless they are getting a quality return.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
Calgary certainly still wants him but no way I hand him over I think we might have something- Weisbrod must be bummed over this

There's a good chance Calgary will ship off a defenceman at the deadline, so they may very well try and come back for Bart. If that's the case, what kind of return would you expect for him?

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
He is paid on a one way ML contract. His hit counts on the Cap.

Incorrect, 1 way contracts in the minors count in excess of League Min + $375k ... that's more than Bart's salary, therefore there is no cap implication. Same with Bourque.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I thought he had his best game last night and I think his games up show he has NHL ability. I don't think he will be a top pair player but he does have good skating ability and passing ability. He IMO still needs some more seasoning. If he isn't traded I think he will be fine as a 7th d. I hope Chia will pick up a top four d-man before next season (not sure there is one available at the right price before the deadline).

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

Tend to agree.

I really liked his game last night. Better than several of our d-men last night.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
He's been getting better every game. He didn't look out of place at all tonight.

If Jagr works out like he should, we may have dodged a bullet and you won't find a bigger Iginla fan than me.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
He's been arguably better than both Ference and Quaider this season, small sample size notwithstanding.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
Also, it's paid-for work detail. I could see the the offer being bartkowski as-is, then Feaster saying "get him signed to a 1 year deal under $750k, and you have a deal". Feaster then doesn't have to bother drumming up a new contract, contacting the agent, etc.. Saves a bit of work.

So translated it means Feaster can eat a couple more donuts.:laugh:

David Krejci*

Up until the last two games I think he looked pretty bad, but he's had flashes in these last two games that make me believe he could belong. Particularly tonight I thought he showed a lot of confidence and played well.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
He's been arguably better than both Ference and Quaider this season, small sample size notwithstanding.

I think he makes mistakes, but he also seems to play smarter than Ference and well Boychuk and McQuaid. He isn't prone to panic, but sometimes he fails in execution.

McQuaid hasn't looked that good all season. I think his surgery and recovery and now this injury have set him back. Ference has looked awful all season.

Be interesting to see what happens with Redden. My guess is we will see the last of Bart barring injury.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya

No, Bartkowski is playing 12/13 minutes a night and sheltered minutes (unlike McQuaid and Ference). Having said that, Bartkowski is probably the number #7 defencemen next year. I like his size, grit and skating ability and his contract will help us get under the cap next year.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
No, Bartkowski is playing 12/13 minutes a night and sheltered minutes (unlike McQuaid and Ference). Having said that, Bartkowski is probably the number #7 defencemen next year. I like his size, grit and skating ability and his contract will help us get under the cap next year.

uh, his average TOI is 13, Quaider's 14...
Ference hasn't looked good until about 2 weeks ago, regardless of his minutes. I wasn't suggesting for Bartkowski to replace Ference and playing his minutes. But right now the only trump McQuaid is holding over him is his mean streak.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
uh, his average TOI is 13, Quaider's 14...
Ference hasn't looked good until about 2 weeks ago, regardless of his minutes. I wasn't suggesting for Bartkowski to replace Ference and playing his minutes. But right now the only trump McQuaid is holding over him is his mean streak.

I think if push came to shove, a Bartkowski - McQuaid pairing could be a good bottom pairing. Bartkowski can skate and pass and McQuaid could do the 'dirty' work ;).

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
I think if push came to shove, a Bartkowski - McQuaid pairing could be a good bottom pairing. Bartkowski can skate and pass and McQuaid could do the 'dirty' work ;).

Good to have options, if everyone stays healthy that gives us 9 reliable Dmen going into the playoffs. Johnson looked solid save for his last two games too and I believe Redden still has a bit left in the tank. Feeling way more comfortable with Bart/McQ, Redden and Johnson as the backups than with Mottau and Zanon.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Bartkowski has looked great ever since he was traded, they should do this with more guys.

I wonder if someday we'll look back at the submarining of the Iginla deal as a blessing in disguise.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Bartkowski has looked great ever since he was traded, they should do this with more guys.

I wonder if someday we'll look back at the submarining of the Iginla deal as a blessing in disguise

I'm already glad the Iginla trade fell through. I think Bartkowski might be a reliable D man, and Jagr will bring some much needed excitement and veteran leadership to the Bruins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad