Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Rangers - Feb 4

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
My god, I have never seen the Rangers play the Bruins like this; I mean either Boston is old and slow Or the Rangers are REALLY fast.

Usually when the Rangers play the Bruins, it's the Bruins dominating puck possession, wearing us down with size. Is this the new norm?

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
My god, I have never seen the Rangers play the Bruins like this; I mean either Boston is old and slow Or the Rangers are REALLY fast.

Usually when the Rangers play the Bruins, it's the Bruins dominating puck possession, wearing us down with size. Is this the new norm?

It's a little bit of both.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I agree. Dominic Moore IMO played a really good game. His line mates not so much. Stempniak was really good at the beginning of the year but he's not been very good for a while. If anything he was worse than Glass tonight. To me we should bring in at least one other forward and put Miller back in the lineup. We could use someone who has size and plays with edge and is not a liability.
Miller and Lindberg please. If they dont cut it, look to make a small trade.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

We're just really fast.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
And lucky.

....I'll bet they're all keeping boxes of "Lucky Charms" in their lockers and scarfing it down before the game and between periods.

Seriously, can one of you wiz kids get a between periods shot of the Rangers doing a white board sess with boxes of "Lucky Charms" spread all over the locker room. A challenge for ya.

That would be classic.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Dear lord that looks disgusting. I wouldn't even buy that for 50% off, let alone full price.

I don`t think disgusting is the right word. But it sure looks like it lack some...hmmm Food maybe? Or taste?
A good old Grandiose beets that one. Do you have grandis in Sweeden?

Last edited:

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Hagelin/Moore/Fast needs to be a line. Bring Miller back in and put him with Hayes and Stempniak. Better yet, trade for Stafford and put him with Miller and Hayes. Don't let Glass near the ice for the rest of the season.

Send Glass to Fredrikstad in Norway. Bet he will do great for Stjernen in the Get League :nod:

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Thanks a lot, I'm rooting for Nucks in the west, and sad about Tort last spring, because I miss him in NHL.
And you can't put all the blame on him about all the major injuries nucks had last season. :)

Has Torts been fired from Vancouver?

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
For some reason zucc and Kreider get stage fright when the play with Nash... They try to force the puck to him and watch him go rather than trying to get open and play their own game

Agreed. It`s a while since I have seen a hole game, just high lights are shown on my channels, but keep up the Kreider-Brass-Zucc line.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Definitely noticed Fast in a positive way tonight. Had a great game.

And yes I did previously refer to him as Vanilla. :P He looks a lot more comfortable out there lately.

Sometimes players are critizised a bit unfairly, but with Fast I don't think I ever read anything that out of line. I mean, he did a few things really well from the get go, ie the small solid plays that enabled the coaches to trust him, but he was completely invisible in many other areas for a big portions of his first games.

He is stepping it up physically for sure, and starting to be more involved offensively. Can he keep developing? For how long?

Besides what he is showing, he is good at transporting the puck, he has a bit of a sniper game in him and he can definitely make a good pass. Id like to see him add some raw power to his shot. When he was in Europe, I often referred to him as kind of a Swedish Ryan Callahan. Then he broke his leg and had those injuries, and slowed down. Can he put the foot on the pedal now?

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Last edited:

TheKing30

Nov 20, 2011
NJ
This game has me starving for the playoffs!! Great win had all the feels of a playoff game MSG was electric!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad