Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Rangers - Feb 4

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Tight playoff type game, and the team did well.

However, 12 and 15 can't be counted on as part of a contending solution. Liabilities out there. AV weakens the team by benching 10, and the alternatives fare no better.

Outside of the LA game 12 has done nothing to contribute towards a win.

15 is what he is.

If the Rangers can get Hanzal and ice their top 6. Have Hags-Moore-Fast as a speed unit, and Miller-Hanzal-Hayes as a power unit, then this team is coming out of the east if they merely solidify that 6th Defense slot.

I agree. Dominic Moore IMO played a really good game. His line mates not so much. Stempniak was really good at the beginning of the year but he's not been very good for a while. If anything he was worse than Glass tonight. To me we should bring in at least one other forward and put Miller back in the lineup. We could use someone who has size and plays with edge and is not a liability.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Hey Rangers fans. Decided to tune in to this one on Center Ice. Great win! I like the way your team is built and I'm rooting for you guys in the East.

Signed,

A Canucks fan who doesn't give a hoot about '94.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I know i'm in the minority today. But Jesper Fasth, to me, was the first star in this game.

That kid played about as incredible a "3rd line" zero point type game as you can possibly play.

He was literally noticeable in a positive way every single second he was out there on the ice.

INCREDIBLE game by him tonight.

wow.

He did all of the little things that don't get noticed on the scoresheet. He played a very solid game tonight.

The Kreider-Brass-Zucc line was flying. Every time they transitioned through the neutral zone, they created a 3-on-2. Great game from that line

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Hey Rangers fans. Decided to tune in to this one on Center Ice. Great win! I like the way your team is built and I'm rooting for you guys in the East.

Signed,

Great post, and thanks.
'94 was one of the stellar SCF series of all time, and I'm not just saying that because I am a Rangers fan.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
One of the more ****ed up plays tonight was Boyle's pass at the beginning of the Rangers second power play in the third period. Put it right on a Bruin's player stick and the Rangers had to scramble to get back into position. If the guy had more speed going he would have been in on a breakaway. Boyle has done this quite often--but mostly we've been lucky and they haven't cost us. He's a vet and these unforced mistakes shouldn't be happening as often as they are.

BarbaraAlphanse

The team seems to play much better in front of Cam, simply because I think they realize that they can't **** around and have someone bail their ass.

Don't get everyone saying "luck" was on their side. The only time I felt truly uncomfortable in the 3rd was when the Bruins were on the PP. Plenty of times we had the Bruins scurrying for life and they miraculously escaped, themselves.

Game notes:
- We need help on face-offs.
- Tanner Glass was the reason for the 1st goal.
- Brass line was great tonight.
- Kreider nailed some guy, think it was number 44, in the 3rd. Thing of beauty.
- Zuccie punching Chara in the head :nod:
- Girardi hammering Marchand twice :nod::nod:
- Cam is a great back up. He doesn't have that good of a glove hand, he's not as confident in stopping the puck, so the games go by so much quicker w/ him in net. He lets up many rebounds so the defense has to be alert at all times and be in the right positions. Besides that he has plus instincts, great lateral movement, and he's big, so he takes up a large portion of the net.
- Defense had a good overall game. John Moore has had his best 3 games of the season.
- Nasher and MSL HAVE to be split up. Put Hagelin on the 1st line. Put Miller on the first line. Spread the offensive wealth. Nash and MSL won't work on the same line as opposing wings.
- Stempy is a 13th forward, at best. If you can get a 3rd for him, you take it and run away laughing.
- Free Miller
- Hayes is getting better and better

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Hagelin/Moore/Fast needs to be a line. Bring Miller back in and put him with Hayes and Stempniak. Better yet, trade for Stafford and put him with Miller and Hayes. Don't let Glass near the ice for the rest of the season.

Makes too much sense so it'll never happen.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Definitely noticed Fast in a positive way tonight. Had a great game.

And yes I did previously refer to him as Vanilla. :P He looks a lot more comfortable out there lately.

Rust - 2nd intermission rant by Millbury is what is driving the "luck" comments. Claimed Brassard's goal was pure puck luck.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I know i'm in the minority today. But Jesper Fasth, to me, was the first star in this game.

That kid played about as incredible a "3rd line" zero point type game as you can possibly play.

He was literally noticeable in a positive way every single second he was out there on the ice.

INCREDIBLE game by him tonight.

wow.

I dont know about first star but definitely top-5. He really stood out tonight and this game had a bit of a playoff feel to it. Fast strikes me as a guy who could elevate his game come postseason and raise some eyebrows.

SwedeAmerican

Dec 5, 2011
Is NBC really bias against us or is it just another one of our complexes ( the others being that the nhl hates us, the refs hate us, and the main boards hate us)?

darko

Feb 16, 2009

And yes I did previously refer to him as Vanilla. :P He looks a lot more comfortable out there lately.

Rust - 2nd intermission rant by Millbury is what is driving the "luck" comments. Claimed Brassard's goal was pure puck luck.

Fast has really been throwing his weight around. Love it. May take some time but I have a good feeling that his offense will come as well.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Is NBC really bias against us or is it just another one of our complexes ( the others being that the nhl hates us, the refs hate us, and the main boards hate us)?

Given that the core crew is a former Devils PBP guy, a former Isles GM / Bruins player, and a former Flyer...it is one of the more believable complexes out there.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Nah they were legitimately biased. It was hard to listen at times.

BarbaraAlphanse

Lucky me, watched it at a bar and completely missed all commentary throughout the game. Much more enjoyable... although I was really interested in seeing what McKenzie said about Hank and Zucc during the 1st int.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island

Signed,

Thanks!

Please take back Tanner Glass

please :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad