Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Rangers - Feb 4

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Lucky bounces, my ass. This team played a great game and all 3 goals were the result of talent, class and heart.

- Nash on his break-away was a thing of beauty. Similar to his goal against Florida
- Brassard's goal was total domination of the offensive zone
- Stepan's goal with G's pass and Nash nudging it to Steps was a great heads-up play

Man, what a great win

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
I don't know why, but this was the first game in some weeks where I felt like we were SC finalists. We put out for 60 minutes and proved that it's really not that hard to do.

Great transition game by the top 6. Kreider and Zuccarello were immense, it was too bad they couldn't convert when Boston were starting to leave themselves wide open in the back. Also vague signs of the St. Louis that went missing some time ago.

After messing up big time on the Bergeron goal, I thought McDonagh and Girardi upped their game considerably and moved the puck well. Staal was also pretty solid. Klein, not so much. Boyle looks like a pending disaster whenever he's in a foot race with someone.

The Hayes line I also thought played pretty well, outside of that stupid penalty by Hags. D. Moore and Stempniak did okay for the most part. Glass needs to be kept away from anything resembling a hockey stick.

Nice to beat top Eastern opposition for a change. It almost makes me think we can beat the Islanders.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
PJ-3-300x225.jpg

50% OFF PAPA JOHNS FOR ALL!!!

Dear lord that looks disgusting. I wouldn't even buy that for 50% off, let alone full price.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Tight playoff type game, and the team did well.

However, 12 and 15 can't be counted on as part of a contending solution. Liabilities out there. AV weakens the team by benching 10, and the alternatives fare no better.

Outside of the LA game 12 has done nothing to contribute towards a win.

15 is what he is.

If the Rangers can get Hanzal and ice their top 6. Have Hags-Moore-Fast as a speed unit, and Miller-Hanzal-Hayes as a power unit, then this team is coming out of the east if they merely solidify that 6th Defense slot.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Pretty good win overall over a good team. Faceoffs need a kick in the ass. Nash is #1!

NHL.com can't deny him now! He's been tied with Ovechkin but Nash had fewer games played. TSN had Nash in first but he's number one on NHL now!

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Hagelin/Moore/Fast needs to be a line. Bring Miller back in and put him with Hayes and Stempniak. Better yet, trade for Stafford and put him with Miller and Hayes. Don't let Glass near the ice for the rest of the season.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
It's great being wrong. Thankful that the multiple missed empty nets didn't come back to bite them in the *ss.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I know i'm in the minority today. But Jesper Fasth, to me, was the first star in this game.

That kid played about as incredible a "3rd line" zero point type game as you can possibly play.

He was literally noticeable in a positive way every single second he was out there on the ice.

INCREDIBLE game by him tonight.

wow.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We were the better team tonight and that was a very good win against a quality conference opponent. We didn't get many shots on goal in the third but we had a lot of really good opportunities that missed.

Face-offs more than anything else kept Boston competitive in this one. Our speed had them on their heels a lot. There were times though they pinned us in our end and had their physical game going.

Big games from Nash and Kreider. John Moore's had several good games in a row. Dominic Moore I thought played really well too. Really liked Girardi crunching Marchand as well.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Awesome win.

While McDonagh and Girardi played better, they still continue their subpar performance. Marty had two nice passes, but was terrible everywhere else.

Talbot was good enough to get the job done. It's nice having a steady, reliable backup. Nash is beast. Kreider is having one of those "Kreider stretches" where he is really utilizing his speed and playing like the 6'4" beast that he is. It's really good to separate him and Nash. Nash and Stepan should be glued at the hip.

Fourth line was terrible in their own zone. Tanner Glass brings them down so much. Dominic Moore was awesome though.

NBC and their incessant hatred for the Rangers can go **** itself.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I have no doubt that Dom Moore feels the sting of having to play with Glass and just bites his lip. What else is he going to do but just accept it.
But I don't have to accept it...damn

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If Glass sits this is a comfortable win. 90% of any extended zone time (and first goal) the Bruins had in this game came when Glass was on the ice.

Other than that this was their strongest effort in a while.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I know i'm in the minority today. But Jesper Fasth, to me, was the first star in this game.

That kid played about as incredible a "3rd line" zero point type game as you can possibly play.

He was literally noticeable in a positive way every single second he was out there on the ice.

INCREDIBLE game by him tonight.

wow.

One of the more severely underrated players I've had the pleasure of watching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad