Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Rangers - Feb 4

BarbaraAlphanse

Oh I try to be positive lol. Just dont trust AV to do the right thing and sit Glass. ;)

Bold Prediction of '15:

Stempy sits, Glass remains in against Preds. :amazed::laugh::( (no but really thats probably what we see)

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Great game by a very good team - if we could've buried some chances, we'd have won much easier. Outchanced them big-time.

Notes:

Weaknesses:
1) This guy, whatshisname, Tanner Glass, is awful. Please don't blame 1st goal on the defense, it was Glass' man who scored in the slot. Stempniak is pretty bad, too. Wasting Dominic Moore, he's a legit 4th line center.
2) Need to win a face-off.
3) minor point, but Talbot handles the puck like it's a hand grenade

Looking forward to going to a live Ranger game in 10 days in Phoenix, my first live game in 17 years.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Fast has really been throwing his weight around. Love it. May take some time but I have a good feeling that his offense will come as well.

yeah hes doing a terrific job of separating pucks from guys with his body. not just stick checking or using his body to shield the puck, but actively hitting people to separate pucks on 50/50 plays.

he's also holding on to pucks longer, and looking to make a play rather than just dump it in deep. if the play isnt there, he makes sure he keeps the puck on the right side of the ice...between him and the boards, or between the other teams goal line and his body...never towards the center of the ice.

those are really small plays, but show a tremendously smart game. reminds me a lot of...well...Dominic Moore.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I quite frequently bet against my team with my vcash so that whatever happens, I get some good news, whether it be a win for the team or a win on the vcash, but tonight I decided to go double or nothing on the Rangers with 7500 vcash. Glad I did! :D

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
NBC guys just like to follow the herd. Look at all those weekend games against the Pengies.
Sports journalism, at least in the form of play by play and commentary, is so often affected by personal bias. Integrity is not de rigueur.

I actually laugh at these guys, because they look so stupid when they slant everything.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Thanks!

Please take back Tanner Glass

please :(

:laugh: Well, we actually have a good 4th line for once so no can do my friend. Can't afford to have him destroy Bo Horvat. As a matter of fact, Dorsett is doing just fine with him right now.

Question for you guys: I noticed someone saying that Nash and St. Louis have to be split up. What about simply switching up Kreider and St. Louis?

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Zuccarello - Brassard - St. Louis

I don't know how Zuccarello is on the LW but personally I like the idea of Kreider and Stepan together. Seems like they have the makings of a top duo for years to come.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
:laugh: Well, we actually have a good 4th line for once so no can do my friend. Can't afford to have him destroy Bo Horvat. As a matter of fact, Dorsett is doing just fine with him right now.

Question for you guys: I noticed someone saying that Nash and St. Louis have to be split up. What about simply switching up Kreider and St. Louis?

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Zuccarello - Brassard - St. Louis

I don't know how Zuccarello is on the LW but personally I like the idea of Kreider and Stepan together. Seems like they have the makings of a top duo for years to come.

Disagree that Kreider and Nash don't work. They were great last year with Stepan. St. Louis really doesn't worth with Zucc and Brass though. Way too small and all finesse. They tried it last year and it was horrible.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Kreider's better games this year were without Nash on his line. Looks tentative. JMO

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
I'll be at the game in AZ too!

I'm in Section 118, Row K, behind where the Rangers shoot in the 1st and 3rd. Heard there might be a pre-game get-together for Ranger HFBoards folks before the game - will pass on the info if I find it. I'm coming to the game with my son and his girlfriend, who turned 18 today.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Hey Rangers fans. Decided to tune in to this one on Center Ice. Great win! I like the way your team is built and I'm rooting for you guys in the East.

Signed,

A Canucks fan who doesn't give a hoot about '94.

Thanks a lot, I'm rooting for Nucks in the west, and sad about Tort last spring, because I miss him in NHL.
And you can't put all the blame on him about all the major injuries nucks had last season. :)

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I voted for Kreider Zucc and Talbot. Kreider and Zucc were all over the place and definitely our two best. I gave Talbot the third for coming in on short notice without a legitimate backup and performing admirably and giving us a chance.

TheTimTamSlammerMan

Jul 29, 2011
Long Island
I'm in Section 118, Row K, behind where the Rangers shoot in the 1st and 3rd. Heard there might be a pre-game get-together for Ranger HFBoards folks before the game - will pass on the info if I find it. I'm coming to the game with my son and his girlfriend, who turned 18 today.

Happy Birthday to your son's girlfriend! :)

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I kept telling you guys about Fast. You wouldn't believe me, but I kept telling you. :)

In all seriousness, I'm loving the checking recently. The one thing I feared could hold him back was his strength, but he has gotten stronger, more confident and has really developed a knack for separating the man from the puck. Great to see.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Happy Birthday to your son's girlfriend! :)

Thanks - I sprung for a ticket for her for her birthday (especially since the game is on Valentine's Day and young son wanted to come to the game with me - my wife didn't want to come because "the ice is cold"). That's what happens, I guess, when you live in Arizona.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Great game, but if AV doesn't see that Glass is a liability after this game, he never will.

This game shows you what our speed can do. Kreider, Hags, Zuke, MSL, Nasher all making the Bruins look sillly in transition and for a majority of the game looking like they were overwhlemed.

Honestly have no idea how a hockey analyst can watch the first two periods where Boston seemed to be hanging on for dear life and deduce it down to us being lucky? That's just ludicrous. For every good shift they had, we had 5. We were all over them.

Speed>Size in the new NHL.

Sorry, but everyone is biased towards Boston, thinking they're still a super power and any team that beats them is lucky. Boston may very well be a great team, but not how they were a few years ago. We didn't squeak by. Talbot was fine, but if Hank plays Boston might not even score. We thoroughly outplayed Boston and it's dubbed squeaking by? Give me a break. We more squeaked by the Senators and Panthers than we did tonight.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
For some reason zucc and Kreider get stage fright when the play with Nash... They try to force the puck to him and watch him go rather than trying to get open and play their own game

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
For some reason zucc and Kreider get stage fright when the play with Nash... They try to force the puck to him and watch him go rather than trying to get open and play their own game

put nash with hayes...hayes will hold the puck if he had TGO and Mario Lemieux as his linemates and look them off all game long.

:D

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Great game by a very good team - if we could've buried some chances, we'd have won much easier. Outchanced them big-time.

Notes:

Weaknesses:
1) This guy, whatshisname, Tanner Glass, is awful. Please don't blame 1st goal on the defense, it was Glass' man who scored in the slot. Stempniak is pretty bad, too. Wasting Dominic Moore, he's a legit 4th line center.
2) Need to win a face-off.
3) minor point, but Talbot handles the puck like it's a hand grenade

Looking forward to going to a live Ranger game in 10 days in Phoenix, my first live game in 17 years.

That's great! Have a good time!

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Disagree that Kreider and Nash don't work. They were great last year with Stepan. St. Louis really doesn't worth with Zucc and Brass though. Way too small and all finesse. They tried it last year and it was horrible.

Yeah qft. we can't have two hobbits on the same line. :)
MSL had a great pass to Nash this night, but I think AV was upset about his blind pass in o-zone when Bruins scored.
MSL had little ice time tonight 13:46.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad