Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Rangers 01/23/13 "Gabotrick Edition"

dmjt4160

Jun 27, 2011
The Cally-Steps-Pyatt line had some good shifts, but I thought Hagelin looked pretty decent tonight also. Ill be interested to see what we do with the 2nd and 3rd lines tomorrow.

SupersonicMonkey*

Problem is, who replaces Kreider in the lineup if they send him down? And why get him away from Nash? He should be attached at the hip learning from him.

Hrivik is concussed. Miller isn't ready yet.

Kolarik? Jean? No one else really worth mentioning as a call up.

Send Bickel down instead.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
On a side note...I really thought Kreider looked better other than his penalty. His defense was still streaky, however, there were times in his own end where he was reading plays well when the puck was away from him....there was one play in the 1st (I think it was the 1st) where he saw a man open in the slot and he moved away from his point man to pick him up. He is getting there. I thought he had more jump in his step. I like the USA line. However, I think with Pyatt's success tonight, I think it ends up being Hagelin-Boyle-Kreider.

Personally I also liked Kreider's first period. Had some rough moments in the 2nd, took that penalty, and that was pretty much all she wrote.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Still a long way for this team to go, even though we beat a top team in the conference.

Lundvist is just not sharp now and I'm getting worried as to when he's gonna get it together.

And the rest of the team besides Pyatt has been a letdown. Stepan, Kreider, and Hagelin in particular are three guys who were supposed to continue to improve and they just are kinda invisible right now. I know Stepan has three assists but he goes long stretches doing nothing.

The team in general is also still making too many mistakes, like on bad line changes. And what the heck is up with the power play?

Some of those things need to be fixed before this team will be a real contender.

Lundqvist is the last guy you need to worry about.

NYRANGERAMI*

Many get ancy. But when its all said and done, the Rangers will be in tip top gel'd form and firing on all cylinders when the real race rolls around. The Playoffs. And this time we'll have Nash :0)...We shoulda had him...nevermind...new season and at the brink of the you know what.

SupersonicMonkey*

Yeah I think Kreider will be fine in the future, but I think we may have gotten to happy about the playoffs, he just looks out of place right now :/

Agree he will be fine. He has to develop. He needs time.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Lundqvist looks like he's fighting off a lot of pucks. He does look uncomfortable.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
kreider took a bad penalty but i thought besides that he was decent. The Bruins and pens are tough to have your first games against. Also i think the orpik hit might have shaken him up. Id say give him a few more games and if he still isnt producing then send him down

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Kredier-Stepan-Callahan should be given a try.

i believe they started the game that way, he pretty much played himself off that line.

i say give him one more shot tommorrow, we can use his speed against the flyers, rangers have a day off afterwards make the decision then, but let him know he needs to get his **** together and ASAP this team needs secondary scoring.

also i cant say i didnt see the rusty play coming from hank, i think its alot harder for goalies to get back into the swing of things compared to a forward, the defense needs to realize this and clear pucks and players the hell away from the net because his reflexes might not be completely there i think that was evidenced on the lucic goal

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I dont see why Kreider doesnt just start on the 2nd line again. They have no option in the minors so let the kid redeem himself

Hagelin is way better on the 3rd line with Boyle and Pyatt.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
gaborik_ny-post.jpg

Is that line on the bottom "Slovak sniper plays grab ass not hockey" photoshopped? :laugh:

SupersonicMonkey*

Personally I also liked Kreider's first period. Had some rough moments in the 2nd, took that PP, and that was pretty much all she wrote.

I find it odd that there hasn't been any accountability from Richards yet. He's been awful. Kind of a double standard to bench a kid for a mistake but keep running a vet out there who continually keeps making bonehead plays. He's pressing to do too much. Richards needs a benching, so he can assess his play and start doing things more simple.

No more blind drop passes or extended shifts.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Simple, you try this...

Gaborik-Richards-Nash
Pyatt-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Kolarik
Rupp-Halpern-Asham

I don't know, however, if Kolarik has been playing on the PK at Hartford. I am guessing based on his offensive numbers he has been getting serious PP time down there, that he likely wouldn't get here.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I find it odd that there hasn't been any accountability from Richards yet. He's been awful. Kind of a double standard to bench a kid for a mistake but keep running a vet out there who continually keeps making bonehead plays. He's pressing to do too much. Richards needs a benching, so he can assess his play and start doing things more simple.

i agree i dont mind accountability for kreider but richards looks gassed out there and has made some lazy behind the back passes

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Need Beacon to comment on who should be the call up if Kreider goes down, he watches every Whale game. Believe from reading him the past few weeks Newbury has been very good down there.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York

The difference is Richards is racking up points. Besides Gabby's breakaway,he's been an important part of every point that Nash and Gabby have scored.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Need Beacon to comment on who should be the call up if Kreider goes down, he watches every Whale game. Believe from reading him the past few weeks Newbury has been very good down there.
he seems to despise kreider so im sure we will lol

SupersonicMonkey*

Still want to see these given a look. They haven't, from what I can recall.

Nash-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Boyle-Pyatt
Rupp-Halpern-Asham

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Richards is still a top quality player. For every bad play there has been a brilliant one.

Without him our center core is a horror show. Stepan fits much better on the second line and, until he takes a big step forward will continue to be primarily a 2nd line player.

He was, after all spending legitimate time on the 4th line in key situations last year, including some in the playoffs.

SupersonicMonkey*

The only player that made sense for a call up from Hartford was Hrivik. But he has a concussion.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Richards is still a top quality player. For every bad play there has been a brilliant one.

Without him our center core is a horror show. Stepan fits much better on the second line and, until he takes a big step forward will continue to be primarily a 2nd line player.

He was, after all spending legitimate time on the 4th line in key situations last year, including some in the playoffs.

I think Stepan and Richards are nearly identical players. They're not noticeable when they're doing their job, and they both do it very well, but when they fail to do their job THEN people see it.

Stepan has been playing just fine the past three games, IMO. As has Richie. PPG for both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad