Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Rangers 01/23/13 "Gabotrick Edition"

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Hello, I am Rick Nash. Would you like to dance with me on the ice?

05.1s.073.brooks.C--300x300.jpg

Derek Trucks.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
Was an ugly win but I'll take it.

Gabs carried us.

Nash is a ****ing beast. I _hated_ how he would drive to the net against us and when he was on team Canada. He just powers through defenders like they're traffic cones. Glad to see him doing it for us now.

Kreider looked bad. So did Hagelin but that's nothing new.

Pyatt has been a pleasant surpise. Don't see him keeping up his play but he's certainly carrying his weight. Voted him 3rd star.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Stepan got another point tonight, and people are still yelling at him as expected.

Fact of that matter is Stepan might end up being a player that isn't a gamebreaker but quietly produces a solid share. I'm ok with that for a 2C.

Dorado*

CK needs to go back to the AHL and play 25 m a night in all situations and earn a call up .
NYR need to sign a player and fast or maybe give Kolarik a shot

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Stepan got another point tonight, and people are still yelling at him as expected.

Fact of that matter is Stepan might end up being a player that isn't a gamebreaker but quietly produces a solid share. I'm ok with that for a 2C.

stepans progressing nicely as our new hf whipping boy :shakehead

but i agree, ive never looked at him as any kind of gamebreaker, thats not his game hes always been a sturdy center who will, like you said quietly have a solid game. i think some people have lofty expectations of him.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay

Tortorella raises possibility of sending Kreider, who was benched for most of the game, to AHL. "We'll have to have those discussions."

Wonder if they play him tomorrow?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
The problem is when you look at the Nash-Richards-Gaborik line all playing the other lines (even if they score) fail in comparison, no **** lol

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
Good to see Gabby get going. Speaking of getting going.......when does the bus to Hartford leave, Kreider?

SupersonicMonkey*

Gaborik has sick sick hands.

When he's motivated look what he's capable of. Insane difference between tonight and the previous two games.

Nash is incredible.

Ranger109

Mar 2, 2011
Yourself? lol.

me too. I was happy when the lockout ended and saw hockey as an excuse to be happy.

Cally & Step seems to be guys who are in a fog. It's the end of game three of forty eight. The team is slowly coming out of it. They'll be okay. Step showed some flashes of goodness early.

I'm with you man, my sport is back, I go to work tomorrow in a better mood over bummed.

I noticed Cally tonight but not how I wanted too. Not worried though.

Overall, I think it was solid and happy for myself lol.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Yeah I think Kreider will be fine in the future, but I think we may have gotten to happy about the playoffs, he just looks out of place right now :/

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Tortorella as good as says Kreider will be sent down; I suspect he'll be back at some point this season.

Hope we call up somebody useful, though.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I voted Nash just because he was taking over the game at times but just not scoring. That still built or kept momentum. But obviously Gaborik is more than deserving.

On a side note...I really thought Kreider looked better other than his penalty. His defense was still streaky, however, there were times in his own end where he was reading plays well when the puck was away from him....there was one play in the 1st (I think it was the 1st) where he saw a man open in the slot and he moved away from his point man to pick him up. He is getting there. I thought he had more jump in his step. I like the USA line. However, I think with Pyatt's success tonight, I think it ends up being Hagelin-Boyle-Kreider.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Still a long way for this team to go, even though we beat a top team in the conference.

Lundvist is just not sharp now and I'm getting worried as to when he's gonna get it together.

And the rest of the team besides Pyatt has been a letdown. Stepan, Kreider, and Hagelin in particular are three guys who were supposed to continue to improve and they just are kinda invisible right now. I know Stepan has three assists but he goes long stretches doing nothing.

The team in general is also still making too many mistakes, like on bad line changes. And what the heck is up with the power play?

Some of those things need to be fixed before this team will be a real contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad