Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Rangers 01/23/13 "Gabotrick Edition"

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
I have a feeling Segal is going to be called up just like the beginning of the season. Which i guess i would rather over Newbury being called up
i could see that too since he was already here, but honestly i thought he looked lost that first game, id rather give one of those other guys a shot, if they play well great, if not they can fill in for bickels whole 3 minutes of ice time he got tonight

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Richards has 4 points in 3 games. No, points aren't everything but when your number one center is producing at 1.33 per game he deserves some slack.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Richards has 4 points in 3 games. No, points aren't everything but when your number one center is producing at 1.33 per game he deserves some slack.

And when your second line center has points in all 3 games too while not being a trainwreck anywhere else, just not noticeable, he also deserves credit.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Just got back from the game. Holy ****, Nash is incredible. The concourses on the other hand, wtf? How ****ing small could a concourse possibly be?

Other notes from the game:
-Referees called a great game from my vantage point.
-Lundqvist had a bad game.
-The fans are funny as ****. There was a young Bruins couple there and the fans upstairs were chanting "**** your boyfriend!" It was mean but funny.
-The first line was deadly.
-The PP stinks.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If this game was against anyone other than the Bruins (or Penguins) I'd be pissed. However, since it was against the Bruins, I'm just going to go ahead and attribute at least some of the flaws to the quality of their opponent.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Too lazy to read the thread, does anyone know if the new Broadway Hat Trautwig tweeted about was awarded tonight? Safe to say it would be Gaborik if it was.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Just got back from the game. Feels great to get a win but obviously there is still work to be done. Hopefully this can be a small stepping stone.

Get Bickel off the team already.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I didn't read through the GDT but has it been talked about that MDZ played fantastic on the right side with Staal? What a great pairing that was in the 1st period, I don't remember if Torts kept them together after that though I can't see why he wouldn't..

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I didn't read through the GDT but has it been talked about that MDZ played fantastic on the right side with Staal? What a great pairing that was in the 1st period, I don't remember if Torts kept them together after that though I can't see why he wouldn't..

DZ did play a much better game on the right side than I've seen before. And he did play with Staal almost the whole game.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
While I was leaving the game, somehow I saw Bill Daly walking in the Garden. What could he have been doing there? And he was walking in while everyone was leaving. I didn't want to blow up his spot and say that was him because it would be cruel since a bunch of morons would probably curse at him.

TC82

Aug 27, 2012
Nice hand-eye coordination by Gaborik on the OT goal.

Just watched the highlights and will get to watching the full game later, but looked like Nash had a monster of a game again. Too bad he didn't score on that rush with a minute to go, what a nice move and Gabs just missed the rebound.

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
kreider played poorly? how can anyone make that judgement. he played 7 minutes and most of them were on the 4th line. sending him down this quickly for a bum like newbury would be ridiculous

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
kreider played poorly? how can anyone make that judgement. he played 7 minutes and most of them were on the 4th line. sending him down this quickly for a bum like newbury would be ridiculous

Well he did do nothing on the second line. The justification for calling up Newbury is that he apparently deserves it because he earned it (I say "apparently" because I didn't watch him play in the AHL). Kreider hasn't earned anything.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Well he did do nothing on the second line. The justification for calling up Newbury is that he apparently deserves it because he earned it (I say "apparently" because I didn't watch him play in the AHL). Kreider hasn't earned anything.

Kreider hasn't been given a chance to earn anything. He's been juggled all over the place and gotten very limited minutes. I do think he looks tentative out there, but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that he's afraid of making a mistake and being nailed to the bench. I'd like to see him get a full game or two playing with Stepan, but Torts doesn't seem willing enough to stick with him for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad