Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XV - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
There is .000001% Fabian Lysell will be playing for the Boston Bruins by Christmas

This is an indoctrination

most 18 year olds can’t figure out when and how to get their inspection sticker let alone show up in a different country going from playing against teenagers to men.

Lysell will come over and learn the culture, nutrition, training, being a professional on the ice and a young adult off it.

To me he wouldn’t even play those 3 consecutive Friday to Sunday games. I’m taking this slow with him.

The timeline will be determined by Lysell. If he’s Wayne Gretzky we could see him October 10 but I’m a huge proponent of at least one year in the AHL.

I can see maybe Christmas 2022 which still puts him as a teenager which would be pretty quick

Completely agree. I think he spends the whole year in the AHL barring injury or one of those late season call ups like the bruins had where we brought everyone up against washington

Reactions: DKH

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Completely agree. I think he spends the whole year in the AHL barring injury or one of those late season call ups like the bruins had where we brought everyone up against washington

I won’t complain. I grabbed a 10 game flex pack so I’m going to at least 11 game this year (they give you the home opener) + whatever I buy if I use them up early). My introduction into possibly grabbing season tickets for the P-Bruins in the future years.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com

Pretty sure he heads to the WHL and gets a handful of games in the AHL postseason assuming his team isn't in the Memorial Cup. Doubtful he plays a single game for the Boston Bruins this year.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Pretty sure he heads to the WHL and gets a handful of games in the AHL postseason assuming his team isn't in the Memorial Cup. Doubtful he plays a single game for the Boston Bruins this year.

If he was going to the WHL the bruins probably would have just let him stay in the SHL. I fully believe he will be in the AHL next year. I just don’t expect to see him playing in the NHL next year unless it’s one of those end of year quick call ups for a few games or one of those situations like last year when we called up 75% of the Providence bruins team to play against the capitals.

Reactions: Son of Donegal

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
They didn't buy out the last 2 years of his SHL contract to put him in a Junior league

Let’s see what happens. Bruins have ties to the Vancouver Giants, the team that drafted Lysell. He needs to play on the small sheet of ice and get stronger. He is so young and smol. I understand the ELC argument. But something tells me he needs a development year before going up against the big dog’s of the AHL. We shall see!

Last edited:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Let’s see what happens. Bruins have ties to the Vancouver Giants, the team that drafted Lysell. He needs to play on the small sheet of ice and get stronger. He is so young and smol. I understand the ELC argument. But something tells me he needs a development year before going up against the bid dog’s of the AHL. We shall see!
In the end you may right but this is how I see this playing out
Prospect Challenge in September
Boston Bruins main camp, with multiple preseason games into October
Will be one of if not the last cut in camp
Games in the AHL, split practice time between Boston/Providence, 70% Providence 30% Boston, he will be living with the multiple Swedes on the team
Released for World Juniors in December, comes back in January with a Medal of some sort
Reassess

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If he was going to the WHL the bruins probably would have just let him stay in the SHL. I fully believe he will be in the AHL next year. I just don’t expect to see him playing in the NHL next year unless it’s one of those end of year quick call ups for a few games or one of those situations like last year when we called up 75% of the Providence bruins team to play against the capitals.

I don't know that this is true. In the SHL he may just have ended up 4th line with 7 minutes a game again, and that is the worst thing for his development. He is a talented kid who needs to develop his offensive game, and that is not the best situation for that. By the same statement, playing 7 minutes a game for the Providence Bruins 4th line is also likely not the best place for his development.

I think the Bruins will bring him to camp and see where he is at. If they think he can go to Providence, and play nightly on one of the top 2 lines they will likely send him to Providence. They may even give him some games in Providence to see.

If they see him at camp and decide he is not going to get that type of ice time, and opportunity to play an offensive role in Providence, then the right move is to send him to Juniors.

Reactions: BronxBruin

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
They didn't buy out the last 2 years of his SHL contract to put him in a Junior league

Maybe they didn't.

But maybe they did because they no to sign him now they get:

- possibly 2 years of ELC slide
- longer before he reaches waiver eligibility
- longer to RFA status and arbitration
- by being one of the 1st Swedes signed save dollars on the transfer fee.
- because they could possibly have him under control for 5 years before his next deal.

Plenty of reasons to lock him up early.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Maybe they didn't.

- because they could possibly have him under control for 5 years before his next deal.

That's way over my head

CaperJay

Sep 27, 2016
Maybe they didn't.

Hopefully he plays where is best for his long term development. If it's AHL great, if it's juniors then that's great as well

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’ll be interested how the Canadian based hockey writers assess the Leafs prospects overall

the last 4 drafts the Leafs have had only 2 players picked in top 50

they had 3 picks this season and their top pick Matthew Knies was all over the map in views including 120 on red line and rated second most overrated player in draft

as an amateur draft follower they are not even close to Boston and I’ll be interested where they fall

I got their prospects on my SiM team including Liljegren so I’m rooting for them - till they play Boston of course- but not top 20 and likely 26-32

they been trying so hard to win snd John Lilly one of their Director of Amateur Scouting a former BU guy just bolted for same position with Rangers

Be grateful for what you have Bruins fans good Cap flexibility in contracts and many interesting prospects going by not only my view but NHL podcasts me and @Saxon Eric will vouch

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I’ll be interested how the Canadian based hockey writers assess the Leafs prospects overall

the last 4 drafts the Leafs have had only 2 players picked in top 50

they had 3 picks this season and their top pick Matthew Knies was all over the map in views including 120 on red line and rated second most overrated player in draft

as an amateur draft follower they are not even close to Boston and I’ll be interested where they fall

I got their prospects on my SiM team including Liljegren so I’m rooting for them - till they play Boston of course- but not top 20 and likely 26-32

they been trying so hard to win snd John Lilly one of their Director of Amateur Scouting a former BU guy just bolted for same position with Rangers

Be grateful for what you have Bruins fans good Cap flexibility in contracts and many interesting prospects going by not only my view but NHL podcasts me and @Saxon Eric will vouch

where do u rank Boston ?

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
where do u rank Boston ?
Where does one who is not getting paid to do this get the time to go through all the prospects for all 32 teams and make an adequate judgment? Sometimes you have to trust the pros, in aggregate, knowing there will be some level of favoritism. In retrospect, most weren’t wrong about what we had despite our positive vibes toward our own players.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Where does one who is not getting paid to do this get the time to go through all the prospects for all 32 teams and make an adequate judgment? Sometimes you have to trust the pros, in aggregate, knowing there will be some level of favoritism. In retrospect, most weren’t wrong about what we had despite our positive vibes toward our own players.
The reverse is just as true.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
where do u rank Boston ?
Atlantic Confrence

Below
OTTAWA (this draft brutal but we will see- I thought It sucked passed on Robertson & Chibrikov for an overager Ostapchuk- yikes. Ben Roger at 49? Who’s Oliver Johansson?…incredible reaches) lot of their guys in NHL but regardless how I thought they missed the boat last week they are still really good due to the Karlsson haul combined with own ineptitude

DETROIT (six years worst record in hockey they have had numerous top 10 picks)- loaded system

Buffalo - spectacular but 10 years of top 10 picks and four in top two : Power, Dahlin, Eichel, and Reinhart, they should be the 1971 Bruins

Fence

Florida - but if Swayman is as good as Knight I’ll take Boston ~ love Nause

Montreal - if Caufield here probably Montreal but they aren’t hitting and this draft was underwhelming - Kidney the type of player who tortures Bruins. Fan of Oliver Kapanen and like Trudeau. Romanov should be good but overall I’ll take Boston

Above
Tampa
Toronto

METROPOLITAN

Below

CAROLINA - outstanding and deep deep deep - these guys are amazing. They could build a million dollar home with a $50,900 line of credit at Home Depot

COLUMBUS- three firsts (Johnson, Sillinger, Ceulemans) added to 3 excellent Russian F they are loaded

of course they had to suck to get it but slick trading of Savard & Foligno to TB & Toronto ended up with extra firsts and they swapped stud Seth Jones which is why they got Sillinger

their nice prospect pool came with multiple types of pain

RANGERS- very very good all over - add suckage and 2 lottery hits and boom

love their pool unfortunately they can’t pay or more likely keep many of them - may have to add a couple to remove the likeable but expensive Trouba

DEVILS- deep and skilled. They are well run and have no real cap traps like Rangers / they are Maryann to the Rangers Ginger.

ABOVE

WASHINGTON - got a few gems at forward and some interesting defenseman but I’ll take Bruins - traded first to Detroit for Mantha in Vrana deal. Not horrible but not deep.

PENGUINS- gotta think worst in hockey

ISLANDERS- been trading firsts and picks but Dobson & Whalstrom don’t count since they are in NHL but toss them in and it jumps to good - they went 8 and 10 a few years ago and have bright future

FLYERS- team is cursed. Nolan Patrick injuries and traded. Samuel Moran a bust. Myers dealt for Ellis. OBrien transfers to BU from Providence. Frost ? Who knows - Carter Hart? No wonder they traded pick for Ristolainen. Farabee does look like a stud

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011

Do you know what the story is here, Eric? Do they mean the Prospect Challenge or AHL deal or something?

Elite Prospects has him going to St. FX in the fall. Looks like he had a huge jump in production in his overage year, going from 22 pts in 63 games to 32 pts in 22 games this past season. Seems like the type of late bloomer they've been interested in lately.

Side note, they should give every short Nova Scotian man a chance IMO, the next Marchand is out there... still waiting for my call... :nod:

Reactions: Gordoff

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Do you know what the story is here, Eric? Do they mean the Prospect Challenge or AHL deal or something?

Elite Prospects has him going to St. FX in the fall. Looks like he had a huge jump in production in his overage year, going from 22 pts in 63 games to 32 pts in 22 games this past season. Seems like the type of late bloomer they've been interested in lately.

Side note, they should give every short Nova Scotian man a chance IMO, the next Marchand is out there... still waiting for my call... :nod:
It's the Prospect Challenge

Reactions: kjpm

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Veckans SHL – nyheterna från den gångna veckan.

This is from the SHL website today Aug 16, saying in its weekly news basically that Fabian Lysell and William Eklund have signed their Entry Level NHL 3-year contracts and will participate in their respective NHL-teams training camp where it remains to be seen if they can win a roster spot with their NHL team or will they be back on loan to their SHL-club.

Sorry, I know it's in Swedish but posted anyway...I guess the option to be loaned back are always there, but, hopefully, Fabian Lysell makes a good impression and do a Pasta:) even half a Pasta would do.

Seems he (Lysell) wasn't expecting a Bruins contract so soon. In an interview in Sweden after returning from the US tournament, he talks about expecting to be more of a contributor for Lulea Hockey this season and hopefully play for Boston Bruins in a couple of years:)

It will be exciting to watch him in the prospects tournament and later in Bruins big camp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad