Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XV - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
He wasn’t exactly prolific in his pro game last year - wouldn’t be surprised to see him take some time and sure as hell hope they don’t rush the kid

I have no idea, but I would think that at this age, he learns how to be a pro this year, perhaps under the wing of his countryman Steen, among others. They won't rush him.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
over/under how many games Lysell plays with Providence? My money is he`ll get a sniff by Christmas in Boston

The 2022-2023 season

if he proves me wrong then awesome. I just figure there will be other guys getting looks ahead of him if a winger is needed

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
over/under how many games Lysell plays with Providence? My money is he`ll get a sniff by Christmas in Boston
Before I put my money down I'd like to see how Fabe performs in the Prospects Challenge, Training Camp and exhibition games. He looks good on tape and analysis but don't you want to see how he performs for the first times on the smaller rinks and against more physical defenders?

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Before I put my money down I'd like to see how Fabe performs in the Prospects Challenge, Training Camp and exhibition games. He looks good on tape and analysis but don't you want to see how he performs for the first times on the smaller rinks and against more physical defenders?

Nope. I’m all in. What could go wrong?

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021

He did just that a couple of weeks ago at the World Junior Summer Showcase. No points, but he should have had at least a few assists through no fault of his own. None of the high-end prospects on USA's roster could contain him.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
You know what is kind of amusing in all this is that the criticism is now that Sweeney could have taken him in the 5th or 6th round. These are the folks that generally think Sweeney sucks and is bad at drafting. So if they HAD gotten Lohrei later on and taken someone else with that pick, wouldn't that pick have just sucked anyway? It would have been one more 'reach' or an example of Sweeney trying to be "the smartest guy in the room." Something to think about anyway :laugh:

That was the criticism from day one. Not a sudden development.

Sweeney is not good at drafting and is not an above average GM, and perhaps not even average. Neither of those opinions changes the fact that I am quite satisfied with where Lohrei is now. I am also at last excited by one of Sweeney's drafts after this summer. You state it as though critics are simply to be laughed away. The sample size is not in his favor!

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
That was the criticism from day one. Not a sudden development.

Sweeney is not good at drafting and is not an above average GM, and perhaps not even average. Neither of those opinions changes the fact that I am quite satisfied with where Lohrei is now. I am also at last excited by one of Sweeney's drafts after this summer. You state it as though critics are simply to be laughed away. The sample size is not in his favor!

No I state it as my opinion which is different from yours. All the critics here are certain Lohrei might have been around in the 5th and 6th round but that is just opinion as well. It is also now the only real criticism that exists around the pick. It wasn't the big gripe at the time though even if it was mentioned. And yes, I am okay with Sweeney for the most part and think he has done a decent job, and you and many here don't. Fair enough.

Last edited:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

He had a total of three points in 26 games in Sweden’s top league last season. I’m extremely excited for the kid, but I’d be stunned if he doesn’t spend the vast majority of the year in providence if not all of it.

Reactions: Gordoff and HustleB

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
He had a total of three points in 26 games in Sweden’s top league last season. I’m extremely excited for the kid, but I’d be stunned if he doesn’t spend the vast majority of the year in providence if not all of it.

He averaged 7:00 TOI last year on a defensive team (Lulea) that ranked fourth lowest in goals against and seventh in goals for. Out of the fourteen teams, that puts his right in the middle for scoring— average at best. Lulea also ranked dead last in goals scored while trailing to boot, so it’s not like scoring was easy for them in general.

How many points did you expect a 17 going on 18-year-old forward to have under those conditions? He’s going to shine in the AHL, IMO.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
He averaged 7:00 TOI last year on a defensive team (Lulea) that ranked fourth lowest in goals against and seventh in goals for. Out of the fourteen teams, that puts his right in the middle for scoring— average at best. Lulea also ranked dead last in goals scored while trailing to boot, so it’s not like scoring was easy for them in general.

How many points did you expect a 17 going on 18-year-old forward to have under those conditions? He’s going to shine in the AHL, IMO.

Idk, but I’d be curious to know why he was only getting 7:00 minutes a game. I feel like if he was up to the level of competition he would have been getting much more ice time.

Maybe he does well right out of the gate in the AHL never said I doubted his ability at the AHL level at this age. however I just highly doubt he will be in the NHL playing games for the Bruins by Christmas like the post I was replying to predicted.

Do we really think that a young player who struggled to find ice time in Sweden’s top league is going to be playing in the NHL by Christmas?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Idk, but I’d be curious to know why he was only getting 7:00 minutes a game. I feel like if he was up to the level of competition he would have been getting much more ice time.

Maybe he does well right out of the gate in the AHL never said I doubted his ability at the AHL level at this age. however I just highly doubt he will be in the NHL playing games for the Bruins by Christmas like the post I was replying to predicted.

Do we really think that a young player who struggled to find ice time in Sweden’s top league is going to be playing in the NHL by Christmas?
There is .000001% Fabian Lysell will be playing for the Boston Bruins by Christmas

This is an indoctrination

most 18 year olds can’t figure out when and how to get their inspection sticker let alone show up in a different country going from playing against teenagers to men.

Lysell will come over and learn the culture, nutrition, training, being a professional on the ice and a young adult off it.

To me he wouldn’t even play those 3 consecutive Friday to Sunday games. I’m taking this slow with him.

The timeline will be determined by Lysell. If he’s Wayne Gretzky we could see him October 10 but I’m a huge proponent of at least one year in the AHL.

I can see maybe Christmas 2022 which still puts him as a teenager which would be pretty quick

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The last 6 drafts starting in 2016 in the top 5 rounds the Bruins have drafted 2 CHL players - both centers (Jack Studnicka & Bret Harrison) and both out of Oshawa.

Sweeney since the 2015 draft when Boston selected 6 players of their first 8 from the CHL has only taken Studnicka & Harrison in close to 25 picks rounds 1-5.

the reason according to an NHL draft analyst Is Sweeney has a relationship with the Oshawa head Greg Walters coach and trusts they will be developed properly. Walters was a tough hombre in his day

Greg Walters Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
The last 6 drafts starting in 2016 in the top 5 rounds the Bruins have drafted 2 CHL players - both centers (Jack Studnicka & Bret Harrison) and both out of Oshawa.

Sweeney since the 2015 draft when Boston selected 6 players of their first 8 from the CHL has only taken Studnicka & Harrison in close to 25 picks rounds 1-5.

the reason according to an NHL draft analyst Is Sweeney has a relationship with the Oshawa head Greg Walters coach and trusts they will be developed properly. Walters was a tough hombre in his day

Always enjoyed him in Rochester.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
There is .000001% Fabian Lysell will be playing for the Boston Bruins by Christmas

This is an indoctrination

most 18 year olds can’t figure out when and how to get their inspection sticker let alone show up in a different country going from playing against teenagers to men.

Lysell will come over and learn the culture, nutrition, training, being a professional on the ice and a young adult off it.

To me he wouldn’t even play those 3 consecutive Friday to Sunday games. I’m taking this slow with him.

The timeline will be determined by Lysell. If he’s Wayne Gretzky we could see him October 10 but I’m a huge proponent of at least one year in the AHL.

I can see maybe Christmas 2022 which still puts him as a teenager which would be pretty quick

I could definitely see it going this way...but there is a higher chance he could get some NHL time.

He previously played with a couple bums on the 4th line of an SHL team, but if you watch his clips he is absolutely BUZZING.

I could see him getting some good point production in the A, and then getting some 4th line minutes in the NHL. He's super versatile because of his motor, he could literally play on any line in the show once he develops.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Well, you might want to have a word with your draft analyst because Walters is not the coach of the Generals: Greg Walters Named Attack Head Coach – Ontario Hockey League

He also wasn't with the Generals when Studnicka was drafted and only coached him for 30 games.

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
I could definitely see it going this way...but there is a higher chance he could get some NHL time.

He previously played with a couple bums on the 4th line of an SHL team, but if you watch his clips he is absolutely BUZZING.

I could see him getting some good point production in the A, and then getting some 4th line minutes in the NHL. He's super versatile because of his motor, he could literally play on any line in the show once he develops.

If it please Zeus and all the gods on Mt. Olympus, please, PLEASE let us not repeat the “he’s on the 4th line but is the most impressive guy out there”, “had plenty of shots, but they didn’t go in”, “organization is high on him, but wants him to learn other aspects of the game”, “notice how he carries the puck and skates”….etc. We had one of them already. Hoping this kid is blue chip. No need to rush him to the NHL, just expect results wherever he plays. If he plays in the A, grand, but as a skilled guy we want him forcing his way in the top 6 and producing points.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Well, you might want to have a word with your draft analyst because Walters is not the coach of the Generals: Greg Walters Named Attack Head Coach – Ontario Hockey League

He also wasn't with the Generals when Studnicka was drafted and only coached him for 30 games.
I was going by Sam Costentino said about Sweeney and the Oshawa program and Studnicka & Harrison

Walter was coach of Oshawa up until 6 weeks ago so he had Harrison

regardless Sam premise was organization and coaching staff familiarity with Harrison and Studnicka

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Ok so Walter never coached both ? I’m going to stick by what was said about Sweeney and the Oshawa organization and coaching staff - I just watched it again it’s after the Dach interview

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Ok so Walter never coached both ? I’m going to stick by what was said about Sweeney and the Oshawa organization and coaching staff - I just watched it again it’s after the Dach interview

Uhhhhh ok. It's a provable fact that he wasn't there when Studnicka was drafted. Sorry man, I don't know what to tell you.

He had absolutely zero to do with Studnicka being drafted by the Bruins. And if the Bruins drafted Harrison because they thought he was going to be developed by Walter, then the joke is on Sweeney.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Uhhhhh ok. It's a provable fact that he wasn't there when Studnicka was drafted. Sorry man, I don't know what to tell you.

He had absolutely zero to do with Studnicka being drafted by the Bruins. And if the Bruins drafted Harrison because they thought he was going to be developed by Walter, then the joke is on Sweeney.
I put in Walter because I knew he was the coach

I’m embarrassed I did not know Walter left to become coach of the Owen Sound Attack on June 30 2021

I think we are all set

Reactions: BruinsBtn

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
If it please Zeus and all the gods on Mt. Olympus, please, PLEASE let us not repeat the “he’s on the 4th line but is the most impressive guy out there”, “had plenty of shots, but they didn’t go in”, “organization is high on him, but wants him to learn other aspects of the game”, “notice how he carries the puck and skates”….etc. We had one of them already. Hoping this kid is blue chip. No need to rush him to the NHL, just expect results wherever he plays. If he plays in the A, grand, but as a skilled guy we want him forcing his way in the top 6 and producing points.

Look, simply put: this guy is not Senyshyn. You'll see soon enough, and he will force himself into a top six spot.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad