Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XV - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Something tells me the player that costs legitimately nothing but a contract spot shouldn’t be drawing any ire. Alas, here we are. It’s a free chance to possibly get depth scoring in the NHL next season.

Switching gears

What are your thoughts on Wolff and Lauko particularly

Decent chance/shot to make the parent club for next season?

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Switching gears

I'm not Anthony but here is my take. Lauko will depend on what they do with Ritchie, Debrusk, and Hall. I think in the end he gets a long look in training camp but starts in Providence unless injuries hit. Wolff on the other hand doesn't even have a contract next year and I'm not sure if he will get one. If he does he will be in Providence though.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Switching gears

Wolff was disappointing to me, personally. He’s got the tools to be a solid bottom-pair, physicality type defender, but his positioning and lack of overall impact was suspect to me. Still, tough year to really harp on some of these first-year players. Interested to seeing him in camp, still.

If Lauko stays healthy, he’ll be stronger and faster coming into next season. I really like his game and he’s the type of player that could potentially accentuate the third-line or fourth-line LW. Tenacious, puck-hungry player who goes to the dirty area and wants to shoot. He’s got a solid shot to see the NHL next season, I think.

Internal competition will be good for the bottom-six especially to push guys like DeBrusk and Studnicka a bit more.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I'm not Anthony but here is my take. Lauko will depend on what they do with Ritchie, Debrusk, and Hall. I think in the end he gets a long look in training camp but starts in Providence unless injuries hit. Wolff on the other hand doesn't even have a contract next year and I'm not sure if he will get one. If he does he will be in Providence though.

Thanks

Is Lauko physically ready or needs to b3come heavier?

Did Wolff perform well enough at the AHL level?

Who else could you see having a real shot(AHL team) in making the parent roster next season?

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Thanks

Is Lauko physically ready or needs to b3come heavier?

Did Wolff perform well enough at the AHL level?

Who else could you see having a real shot(AHL team) in making the parent roster next season?
This is difficult due to them playing 3 teams total to tell. I think Lauko is physically ready. I have seen him listed at 190 on some sites. With Wolff it was the inconsistency that stood out. One game he would be physical but his defense and offense would be poor. The next it would be a good defensive game with no offense or physicality. And then he would show some offensive skills but his defense and physicality was left wanting. My picks for making the roster would be Hughes and Senyshyn. I think they both had excellent years and could give the bottom 6 a boost. Other than those 2 we will see Steen and Ahcan at times throughout the season. The rest I would leave in Providence unless injuries start decimating the team.

Reactions: rocketdan9

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Wolff was disappointing to me, personally. He’s got the tools to be a solid bottom-pair, physicality type defender, but his positioning and lack of overall impact was suspect to me. Still, tough year to really harp on some of these first-year players. Interested to seeing him in camp, still.

If Lauko stays healthy, he’ll be stronger and faster coming into next season. I really like his game and he’s the type of player that could potentially accentuate the third-line or fourth-line LW. Tenacious, puck-hungry player who goes to the dirty area and wants to shoot. He’s got a solid shot to see the NHL next season, I think.

Internal competition will be good for the bottom-six especially to push guys like DeBrusk and Studnicka a bit more.

Good to hear on Lauko status.

Was really hoping for Wolff to workout.... it does take taller Ds to get the timing down. I wouldnt mind if they bring him back for his 2nd AHL. See if he can progress

In terms of AHL "refill" for next season... are Beecher, Schmaltz, Kuntar still unsigned?

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Good to hear on Lauko status.

Was really hoping for Wolff to workout.... it does take taller Ds to get the timing down. I wouldnt mind if they bring him back for his 2nd AHL. See if he can progress

In terms of AHL "refill" for next season... are Beecher, Schmaltz, Kuntar still unsigned?
None of them have signed. Schmaltz just finished his USHL career and will be going to UND so zero chance he signs. I don't think Kuntar did enough this season for Boston to try and convince him to forgo his Sophomore season. I think Beecher will be the interesting one. I'm going 50/50 on him signing or going back to school.

Reactions: rocketdan9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad