Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XV - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I hope ML makes the NHL, will be happy with him as a 3-4 dee.
From all the articles I have read, we are expecting this kid to be the next Larry Robinson or perhaps to a lesser extent Ekholm?
He hasn't played a game of college hockey yet...be patient.

I think everyone is being patient with Lohrei. Most are just excited to see what he can do against advanced competition. There is a chance he's really good against the big 10 and if that happens, his prospect status will sky rocket. I think the narrative around him is cautiously optimistic. If he puts up .5 PPG in the NCAA and plays decent defense at 6'5 with those wheels, people will be rightfully very excited.

And thus, with David Krejci leaving these shores to return to the East, the era of the Special Ks came to an end. It was now the dawn of the Give 'Em Ls era: Lohrei, Lysell, Lauko.

this feels ominous but its clever.

Reactions: HustleB

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006

But, but, but he plays in the USHL! They’re just kids! There’s no way he could do this stuff against college players and professional players! Only children in the USHL! Ugh!

Thanks for sharing these. I do think your smarm here is a pretty major mischaracterization about what most people have said about Lohrei. Most top prospects don't play in the USHL in their D+2 year. It's hard to contextualize his performance in that setting for that reason, even if it was impressive. I firmly believe that's true. I was also super excited to see him play against guys with more D1 and pro experience this week to see how he held up. There is a difference between being a skeptic and wanting to see the guy play against tougher competition before penciling him in next to Chuck. Why is the latter a position worthy of scorn?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
There is a difference between being a skeptic and wanting to see the guy play against tougher competition before penciling him in next to Chuck. Why is the latter a position worthy of scorn?

Were you not reading the forums when he was selected? It wasn't mere skepticism that was being expressed about the pick. It was downright ugly with some ridiculous things being said.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Were you not reading the forums when he was selected? It wasn't mere skepticism that was being expressed about the pick. It was downright ugly with some ridiculous things being said.

I was and I agree. It's been 15 months since he was picked though and most of the criticism of this view point on this board have been people that feel similarly to me. So at this point, I kind of think the burden is on the people still making the jokes to say that position is invalid. There have been plenty of discussions about how he isn't old for the league and all of that and I understand all of those things. That said, there still isn't much history of top prospects in their D+2 years in the USHL so saying "man he looks good, cant wait to see him play in a higher competition environment" seems pretty reasonable to me and not a position worthy of derision.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bruce Cassidy said some good things about Kuntar and Travis Mitchell (camp invitee). Mitchell looks like an interesting D prospect. 6'3 and Cassidy said he was impressed by his skating quickness.

If he (or other invitees) do enough to impress. What are the chances DS locks them up?

I can't remember..... But did the Bruins sign Kmiller and Acciari pretty much instantaneously after camp?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Lyle was the winner in this drill, great to see the battles.
One on one drills are a great showcase for the coaching staff.
I agree Lyle won that and I am very high on Lohrei, kid will be Chabot clone in a few years. Lyle did exactly what you want in that situation, manhandle your guy and push him behind the net away from the dangerous crease area. You can tell Brady worked hard in the off season adding strength and improved his skating. That was text book dee that wins games. When he goes to the other side that would be your partners side to deal with it in a game situation. Good on Mason for getting up and responding well but Lyle did his job, reminded me of K Miller.

Last edited:
Reactions: PepeBostones

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I can't remember..... But did the Bruins sign Kmiller and Acciari pretty much instantaneously after camp?
Acciari was signed to an ELC on June 3rd, a month before that year's development camp. I believe Noel had another year of eligibility at Providence College, but I'm not 100% certain.

Miller was signed to an AHL deal with Providence on March 18th, 2011, right after UVM's season ended.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
That may be (don't think I looked at the time) but I think you guys need to get over it. I haven't seen a bad word said about Lohrei since last fall yet all these annoying smarmy posts get made everytime his name is mentioned. Getting a little sickening imo.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
That may be (don't think I looked at the time) but I think you guys need to get over it. I haven't seen a bad word said about Lohrei since last fall yet all these annoying smarmy posts get made everytime his name is mentioned. Getting a little sickening imo.

Oh please, there’s “smarmy posts” made here every single day on tired topics that make others annoyed. Use the ignore button like everyone else does if it’s sickening.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Just like I don't think you can penalize him for being older in the USHL, you really can't get too crazy over what guys do in practice vs other guys the same age with no experience. Seems like people are always either knocking Lohrei for his age or pumping his tires over things like standing out in something like this.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I was and I agree. It's been 15 months since he was picked though and most of the criticism of this view point on this board have been people that feel similarly to me. So at this point, I kind of think the burden is on the people still making the jokes to say that position is invalid. There have been plenty of discussions about how he isn't old for the league and all of that and I understand all of those things. That said, there still isn't much history of top prospects in their D+2 years in the USHL so saying "man he looks good, cant wait to see him play in a higher competition environment" seems pretty reasonable to me and not a position worthy of derision.

Or you can just take it for the joke it is and not get too bothered by it. @BruinsNetwork was not aiming that at a particular individual, so there is no reason for you to feel personally slighted here. Your comments about Lohrei are perfectly reasonable, but some have not been and continue to not be. This also happens beyond the forums.

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Or you can get over being bothered by it? That's just as easy and probably more appropriate since you seem to be put the one put out.

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

No one here or anywhere knew who he was beyond a possible late round pick. Of course there was extreme criticism.

Over time seeing what he did last season silenced all criticism I would wager. Has anything negative been written about him in the last six months? I doubt it - I for one am excited to see the aggression and energy he provides.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
No one here or anywhere knew who he was beyond a possible late round pick. Of course there was extreme criticism.

Over time seeing what he did last season silenced all criticism I would wager. Has anything negative been written about him in the last six months? I doubt it - I for one am excited to see the aggression and energy he provides.

Me too- and of course you understand that it is something of a running joke at this point. I am amazed that people are actually getting offended or upset by it. It’s just a little fun in an environment where everything often gets so serious and angry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad