Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XV - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Or you can just take it for the joke it is and not get too bothered by it. @BruinsNetwork was not aiming that at a particular individual, so there is no reason for you to feel personally slighted here. Your comments about Lohrei are perfectly reasonable, but some have not been and continue to not be. This also happens beyond the forums.

im not taking it personally I just feel that maybe that’s run it’s course here.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Or you can get over being bothered by it? That's just as easy and probably more appropriate since you seem to be put the one put out.
It was a simple observation. I think you're reading a bit too much into it.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Oh please, there’s “smarmy posts” made here every single day on tired topics that make others annoyed. Use the ignore button like everyone else does if it’s sickening.
You're probably right but I pretty much only come here to read about prospects so I don't see these other tired topics(other than the 2015 draft). I don't ignore people, especially over one thing when I enjoy your posts otherwise. Sickening was too strong of a word but it seems unnecessary at this point. Just my take tho.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Oh please, there’s “smarmy posts” made here every single day on tired topics that make others annoyed. Use the ignore button like everyone else does if it’s sickening.

or, hear me out, don’t be that guy? You post awesome content and I enjoy it very much. The lohrei strawman is just tiresome.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Me too- and of course you understand that it is something of a running joke at this point. I am amazed that people are actually getting offended or upset by it. It’s just a little fun in an environment where everything often gets so serious and angry

it’s sickening, I am going to go throw up in disgust. That playful tweet was basically 9/11 all over again. Idk how we are going to get through this as a board.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins defensive prospects very interesting

lot of size out there under contract or drafted but Bruins control

Lohrei 6’5
Mast 6’4
Lyle 6’3
Langenbrunner 6’2-3
Gallagher 6

lyle looks close

as a RHD with AHL experience and success he could be pushing for full time spot by late winter

gives the Bruins a good sized right side

From Matt Porter today’s Boston Globe

Lyle right in position to contribute
Like Connor Clifton and Kevan Miller, Brady Lyle is an undrafted right-shot defender who started on AHL contracts and earned an NHL deal. The Bruins signed him to a two-way NHL deal in April, after he led Providence defenders in scoring (7-7—14 in 25 games).
With Miller retired, Clifton is solidly third on the right-side defensive depth chart. Lyle, 22, could be fourth. The only other right-shot defenders under Boston employ are 2017 seventh-rounder Victor Berglund, who played with Lulea in the Swedish Hockey League last year, and free agent signee Tyler Lewington, a 26-year-old from Washington’s system.
Lyle has puck-moving ability and a large frame (6-3, 212), both of which were apparent during development camp this week.
“Brady’s made a year-over-year progression that’s great to see,” Sweeney said.
Unlike collegians Clifton and Miller, Lyle came from Canadian junior. In 2019-20, he was a point-per-game blueliner (22-43—65 in 62 games) as an overager (20-year-old) with Owen Sound.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

Lohrei 6’5
Mast 6’4
Lyle 6’3
Langenbrunner 6’2-3
Gallagher 6

lyle looks close

as a RHD with AHL experience and success he could be pushing for full time spot by late winter

Like Connor Clifton and Kevan Miller, Brady Lyle is an undrafted right-shot defender who started on AHL contracts and earned an NHL deal. The Bruins signed him to a two-way NHL deal in April, after he led Providence defenders in scoring (7-7—14 in 25 games).
With Miller retired, Clifton is solidly third on the right-side defensive depth chart. Lyle, 22, could be fourth. The only other right-shot defenders under Boston employ are 2017 seventh-rounder Victor Berglund, who played with Lulea in the Swedish Hockey League last year, and free agent signee Tyler Lewington, a 26-year-old from Washington’s system.
Lyle has puck-moving ability and a large frame (6-3, 212), both of which were apparent during development camp this week.
Unlike collegians Clifton and Miller, Lyle came from Canadian junior. In 2019-20, he was a point-per-game blueliner (22-43—65 in 62 games) as an overager (20-year-old) with Owen Sound.
My only quirk is that I wish they had these kids sooner to help these upcoming two years. Wouldn’t mind Lyle making a push. Im hoping they have a kid push in training camp or in Providence this year. They need a boost.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
My only quirk is that I wish they had these kids sooner to help these upcoming two years. Wouldn’t mind Lyle making a push. Im hoping they have a kid push in training camp or in Providence this year. They need a boost.

The gap in drafting hurt the Bruins now.

In a few years the roster will be closer to where it needs to be with all of the size added, assuming the prospects realize their potentials. Now the Bruins need to continue focusing on drafting skill to round out the Bruins of five years from now.

Reactions: Gordoff

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006

Lohrei 6’5
Mast 6’4
Lyle 6’3
Langenbrunner 6’2-3
Gallagher 6

lyle looks close

lyle really got a lot of glow this dev camp. I’ve not seen him much given the providence situation last year. What’s a reasonable floor/ceiling/player type for people that watched last year or saw him in junior?

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
lyle really got a lot of glow this dev camp. I’ve not seen him much given the providence situation last year. What’s a reasonable floor/ceiling/player type for people that watched last year or saw him in junior?
Opportunity meets Confidence - a deadly combo!

Reactions: duffy

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
One of us mentioned Ben Meyers before this started, can't remember who.

From Fluto to Mark

They list

Parker, Meyers, Kuntar, Lyle and Lohrei as standouts

Good to hear. Bruins should consider signing Parker and Meyers? Their ncaa stats are solid

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
From Fluto to Mark

They list

Good to hear. Bruins should consider signing Parker and Meyers? Their ncaa stats are solid
I’m sure they won’t be only ones and players will consider what organization gives them best path to nhl

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Think there's no shortage of kids pushing their way in on the blueline. They have what, 4 or 5 guys under 25 as it is.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
From Fluto to Mark

They list

@DKH was smart enough to take Kuntar in our sim league draft late (before the real NHL draft) and raved then and now about what type of power forward he is going to be. Kid is going to be a good one.

Guys like he and Olson should really turn into solid players IMO.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
@DKH was smart enough to take Kuntar in our sim league draft late (before the real NHL draft) and raved then and now about what type of power forward he is going to be. Kid is going to be a good one.

So what kind of 'power forward' is Kuntar like? I guess I'll give a few examples: Milan Lucic, Blake Coleman, Charlie Coyle type? All powerforwards, in my opinion, but different styles of it.

Where would Olson fall into it? Energy type guy?

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

One day I’ll let the cat out of the bag

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
bro you called it sickening and are now accusing others of reading too much into it, you can’t backpedal like you’re Ty Law :laugh:
Saying something is sickening doesn't necessarily mean you're all worked up about it. I meant it was annoying/unnecessary but certainly not making me mad considering I spend maybe half an hour a week on here.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Were you not reading the forums when he was selected? It wasn't mere skepticism that was being expressed about the pick. It was downright ugly with some ridiculous things being said.

Nobody knew this kid, the argument was and still is he could have been had with a later pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad