Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XV - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
WTF Sweeney going off the board again for another reach pick… who is this kid?!?
I never heard of him & was not happy. Good sign. Hadn’t heard of Bergeron-Cleary either pretty sure only two top two round draft picks they have taken in last 30 years I didn’t know - heck I knew who Alexandrov was

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Solid list!
Lysell - does he have a chance this year?
Lohrei - 2 yrs at OSU then in Boston
Stud - mainstay with Bs this season
Beecher - will have a great Jr year at Michigan, win the national Championship and be in a Bs Jersey come play-offs
Lauko - predicting 15 games this season with the Bs and another solid year in Prov
Vaak - 1st team AHL and 20 games with Bs
Achan - top D scorer for Prov - will see some games with the Bs
Harrison - likely a solid season in the OHL before signing with the Bs
Hall - expecting a solid 1st year with Prov and possibly some consideration for games with Bs at season end.
Keyser - with Swayman up he should be a solid back stop in Prov.
Would love to hear anyone else that has an opinion lol

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Solid list!
Beecher - will have a great Jr year at Michigan, win the national Championship and be in a Bs Jersey come play-offs
Lauko - predicting 15 games this season with the Bs and another solid year in Prov
Hall - expecting a solid 1st year with Prov and possibly some consideration for games with Bs at season end.

No
No
Yes
No
Yes
No
No
Yes
Yes
Yes

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
This is an excellent assessment and the writer is a favorite of moi

I’m predicting Kunter with a full college season minimum 20 goals - he can really shoot and is like a buoy on skates and I mean that as a compliment

nice prospect pool
I haven’t seen a lot of Kuntar, but I hear he’s a mixed bag of skill and grit - not Dennis Bonvie grit, but can hold his own. A great addition!

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
So which of this batch is an NHL regular in 3 years.....
Lysell - yes
Lohrei - maybe
Stud - maybe
Beecher - yes
Lauko - no
Vaak - no
Achan - no
Harrison - maybe, I would have him much higher on this list above the likes of Vaak, Achan and Lauko
Hall - maybe, bottom six guy with some speed and good size, see if he brings any energy this year
Keyser - no

So a couple of yes', few maybes and a few no's. It isn't terrible but it is a long way from being good. Lohrei is the maybe I think has a chance of being the most impactful. Beecher's speed and size he should at least be a fourth liner but I can't see him exceeding the bottom 6 on a contender but should contribute as much as some of the guys Sweengenius overpaid for this offseason to fill depth rolls. .

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Lysell - yes
Lohrei - maybe
Stud - maybe
Beecher - yes
Lauko - no
Vaak - no
Achan - no
Harrison - maybe, I would have him much higher on this list above the likes of Vaak, Achan and Lauko
Hall - maybe, bottom six guy with some speed and good size, see if he brings any energy this year
Keyser - no

So a couple of yes', few maybes and a few no's. It isn't terrible but it is a long way from being good. Lohrei is the maybe I think has a chance of being the most impactful. Beecher's speed and size he should at least be a fourth liner but I can't see him exceeding the bottom 6 on a contender but should contribute as much as some of the guys Sweengenius overpaid for this offseason to fill depth rolls. .

Beecher's a yes and Studnicka a maybe?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m very interested to see how LA manages to play their 10 center youngens - not counting Kopiter

They added Danault in fee agency &
Pinelli & Helenius in top 3 rounds
To
Kupari
Vilardi
Anderson-Dolan
Byfield
Akili Thomas
Turcotte
Lizotte

seriously Kings

Send the Bruins a couple

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Beecher's floor is pretty low, his size, elite skating and defensive skills, will make him almost a certain quality 4th line Center at absolute worst. Real question is can he be more than that, can he be a 35 point 3rd line Center bringing all of the other items? Quite possibly, but we'll see. Can he develop his offensive skills to be 2nd line. Harder to say

Studnicka probably has a better chance of being a 2nd liner, but also has a chance of being a tweener who doesn't find an NHL role

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lysell - yes
Lohrei - maybe
Stud - maybe
Beecher - yes
Lauko - no
Vaak - no
Achan - no
Keyser - no

I mostly agree, except for on Lauko. What makes you think there’s no chance he becomes a regular? Injuries?

I think vaak is still possibly a regular too

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I’m very interested to see how LA manages to play their 10 center youngens - not counting Kopiter

They added Danault in fee agency &
Pinelli & Helenius in top 3 rounds
To
Kupari
Vilardi
Anderson-Dolan
Byfield
Akili Thomas
Turcotte
Lizotte

seriously Kings

Send the Bruins a couple

Kopi & 7 puppies

Interesting role for Kopitar to mentor group of kids. Doughty and Brown too.

They could become a very interesting team very soon, i can see Kopi remaining very effective well into his late 30s, speed was never his thing, huge frame, vision and soft hands. Strong silent type, almost like Gary Cooper as Tony Soprano was saying.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Lysell - yes
Lohrei - maybe
Stud - maybe
Beecher - yes
Lauko - no
Vaak - no
Achan - no
Keyser - no

I think Lauko is a “maybe”. Speed, tenacity/physicality, flair and has some scoring upside. Even if it’s a 4th line role, I could see Lauko being in the NHL and staying there. Not 100% so I don’t say surefire “yes” but I don’t think it’s a hard no.

Reactions: Fenian24

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Solid list!
I think Lyle has a better chance over Vaak and small Achan, given he has the same offensive skill and is way bigger. The bruins need to move away from small dee. Lysell needs time in the AHL. I see Beecher going to the AHL later not the big team. Everything else seems okay. I do like Lauko down the line, kid just wants it, reminds me of Pasta.

Reactions: bbfan419

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I mostly agree, except for on Lauko. What makes you think there’s no chance he becomes a regular? Injuries?

I think vaak is still possibly a regular too
Injuries and so many players like him. Reminds of Blidh, good and bad. Just don't see a guy carving out an NHL career.

Vaak we will disagree on

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Don't see Beecher as top 6 or even 9 but with his speed and size I can see him as a fourth line Kuraly type for 10 years.

Studnicka is based on last year,he needed to step up and took big steps backwards

Reactions: bbfan419

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Don't see Beecher as top 6 or even 9 but with his speed and size I can see him as a fourth line Kuraly type for 10 years.

Studnicka is based on last year,he needed to step up and took big steps backwards

How exactly did he take a big step backwards? Because he didn’t put up points with linemates that everyone else also failed to put up points with? His top linemates were Debrusk, bjork, Frederic and Ritchie. Dude had dead weight as linemates for the time he was up. Coyle couldn’t even put up points early in the season before he got injured with those guys at LW and smith as his RW.

Do you put no weight in the fact that Cassidy trusted studnicka enough defensively to give him over a minute of penalty kill time per game, especially for a coach who is very reluctant to put young players in big spots?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Lysell - yes
Lohrei - maybe
Stud - maybe
Beecher - yes
Lauko - no
Vaak - no
Achan - no
Keyser - no

Lysell - no, but still developing
Lohrei - yes
Stud - yes
Beecher - yes
Lauko - yes
Vaak - no
Achan - no
Harrison - no, but still developing
Hall - no
Keyser - no

In looking at prospects, its easy to forget how unbelievably hard it is to become an NHL regular. Even a lot of first rounders never get there (maybe the majority). For that reason, I don't think it is a foregoing conclusion that Lysell will make the NHL. He's a gem within our group, but not as much among all prospects at large.

Of this list, the only two I see being impact players at the NHL level are Lohrei and Studnicka, with a maybe on Lysell.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lysell - 2023-24
Lohrei - 2022-23
Studnicka- ready
Beecher 2022-23
Lauko 2022-23
Vaakanainen- ready
Ahcan - call up
Harrison- 2023-24
Hall 2022-23
Keyser 2022-23

Reactions: hutch22

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Lysell - no, but still developing
Lohrei - yes
Stud - yes
Beecher - yes
Lauko - yes
Vaak - no
Achan - no
Harrison - no, but still developing
Hall - no
Keyser - no

In looking at prospects, its easy to forget how unbelievably hard it is to become an NHL regular. Even a lot of first rounders never get there (maybe the majority). For that reason, I don't think it is a foregoing conclusion that Lysell will make the NHL. He's a gem within our group, but not as much among all prospects at large.

Of this list, the only two I see being impact players at the NHL level are Lohrei and Studnicka, with a maybe on Lysell.
Great feedback. So 4 players are definitive yesses, 2 are potential as they will continue to develop, while 4 are flat out No - assuming that in your opinion those 4 players while not develop beyond where they are now - and what I would consider to be busts. Yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad