Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XIV - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Nice goal but pretty bad defense there.

Man to Man with no switching and schmaultz received a very nice pick to help break him free.

Is it “bad defense” or just prospects playing hockey in juniors? They’re not going to look like NHL players, especially in 3v3 OT lmao.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Is it “bad defense” or just prospects playing hockey in juniors? They’re not going to look like NHL players, especially in 3v3 OT lmao.

IMO Bad defense, but Schmaultz did show some great edge work

Man to Man defense should be totally understood by the time your in juniors.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I had never heard of him

only 2 draft picks they took in top 2 rounds last 25 years I never heard of

Bergeron
Lohrei
ooh good omen then

Come draft day, other than the top prospects and players who are playing in the league whose region I live in, rarely do I have the faintest idea about a prospect so I try not to piss all over the B`s for picking player A or B, just makes no sense. Now, that said, I will comment on some clips of a player that are posted here but also understanding, not often do vids posted here show the mistakes a young player is making so they all look good but I find it very encouraging to consistently see this kid being recognized in the USHL which is, based on what I`m reading from Dom, an exceptional development league

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Green Bay has him playing both sides, honestly. Lohrei can play both sides without any drop off and that allows Mancini to play the second pair.
Thanks for the response. You don't have to tell me you are being honest. I have been reading everything I see from you, and I believe you always give your honest opinion on these prospects. If I were able to watch them now and again. I might disagree with you on some of your analysis. But given my lack of effort in that department, I believe yourself and Saxon Eric are my most trusted views into our prospects. That won't change in the least if Lohrei's curve eventually comes back to earth.

Thank you for all that you do.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Thanks for the response. You don't have to tell me you are being honest. I have been reading everything I see from you, and I believe you always give your honest opinion on these prospects. If I were able to watch them now and again. I might disagree with you on some of your analysis. But given my lack of effort in that department, I believe yourself and Saxon Eric are my most trusted views into our prospects. That won't change in the least if Lohrei's curve eventually comes back to earth.

Thank you for all that you do.

Appreciate you!

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Green Bay has him playing both sides, honestly. Lohrei can play both sides without any drop off and that allows Mancini to play the second pair.

Also just to add to this, I’m 100% on board with Lohrei playing both sides. Not only is in invaluable to an organization, but there’s recent precedent with Lauzon and Zboril. Both of them saw extended looks in Providence on both sides of the ice and they look far more comfortable in the NHL as a whole. They’re better for it now and it’s always a good idea to have versatility with defenders.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
I had never heard of him

only 2 draft picks they took in top 2 rounds last 25 years I never heard of

Bergeron
Lohrei
The main reason for a lot of posters to not have heard of Bergy is that whoever was covering the Q on any given day would refer to Bergy as P Bergeron-Cleary and other times just Bergeron so it seemed to some like 2 different players. The fans here in Halifax that watch the Mooseheads play new very well what Bergy was all about. As for Lohrei , I don't believe posters were pissed at the player, but the fact that there were better known/thought of players available with that pick. We all know how insane some posters are about 2015 draft!

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The main reason for a lot of posters to not have heard of Bergy is that whoever was covering the Q on any given day would refer to Bergy as P Bergeron-Cleary and other times just Bergeron so it seemed to some like 2 different players. The fans here in Halifax that watch the Mooseheads play new very well what Bergy was all about. As for Lohrei , I don't believe posters were pissed at the player, but the fact that there were better known/thought of players available with that pick. We all know how insane some posters are about 2015 draft!

Lohrei being an unknown pile of shit fits the narrative that some want to advance about Don Sweeney. No one had heard of the kid, he is an "overager" in the USHL, was passed over in his first year of draft eligibility etc. Seems ready-made to blast the Don if that's your thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad