Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XIV - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Friday night prospect wrap
Ohio stuns a Beecher less Michigan, lots of rumors and cryptic messages out there, stay tuned
Jack Becker had 5 shots and -1

BC with Kuntar won, 4th line again,1 shot
Duran with an assist,2 shots +1 in a loss
Schmaltz goal 4 shots and
Lohrei 1 assist 2 shots in the win

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Guess who?

Avangard Omsk KHL
56 gp
11 goals
22 helpers
+ 17

Anyone able to post this Athletic article?

View attachment 398278
View attachment 398279The Athletic
Jake DeBrusk's potential? David Krejci's next contract? Bruins mailbag
Peter Cehlárik is doing very well in the Swedish Hockey League. ... I saw few indications in Peter's game signaling he was a reliable NHL ...
2 days ago

Here is the relevant quote:

What are the chances Alexander Khokhlachev joins the Bruins this year? — @bacisitptetty
Zero.

Haha! Short and sweet.

Reactions: Blowfish

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Really curious to find out what's going on with Beecher. Signing incoming? I hope so. I want to see what he looks like at a higher level. To me his tools are NHL ready right now, he'll just need some time to adjust to the faster pace and physicality. I don't think he's far off.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Really curious to find out what's going on with Beecher. Signing incoming? I hope so. I want to see what he looks like at a higher level. To me his tools are NHL ready right now, he'll just need some time to adjust to the faster pace and physicality. I don't think he's far off.
I think everyone who has followed his career at Michigan knew he was turning pro as soon as the season ended, it appears (though not confirmed) he's leaving now which is stunning to me but I guess we'll know soon enough

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I think everyone who has followed his career at Michigan knew he was turning pro as soon as the season ended, it appears (though not confirmed) he's leaving now which is stunning to me but I guess we'll know soon enough
Maybe Boston promised him the game at Tahoe tomorrow to burn a year off his ELC.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011

Nothing like a bit of suspense to liven things up haha. This would be a welcome surprise

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

With the way Universities in many places are operating, there isn't much cause for him to stay if hockey is his thing and school is not. There is no real community, classes by zoom, etc. He might as well take a payday because as a first rounder he is going to get a nice salary for a guy with a year and a half of college and probably barring injury will be employed in the NHL for at least the next five years.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
With the way Universities in many places are operating, there isn't much cause for him to stay if hockey is his thing and school is not. There is no real community, classes by zoom, etc. He might as well take a payday because as a first rounder he is going to get a nice salary for a guy with a year and a half of college and probably barring injury will be employed in the NHL for at least the next five years.
All speculation on my part but I'm wondering if this last 2 week Covid pause was the final straw for him

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
All speculation on my part but I'm wondering if this last 2 week Covid pause was the final straw for him

I could see that. I don't mean to be unkind, but having worked with kids like these over the years- the high performing athletes- I can say that the biggest majority of them do not really like school and studying, and are typically not cut out for it whether because of ability, temperament, or acculturation. They do like the sports, and the social life. Take that away and what's the point?

Reactions: Lo97 and Saxon Eric

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I've got a lot of things going on at the moment, but I did take the opportunity to talk to someone from a different NCAA school regarding Beecher.

He has also heard the rumors Beecher is leaving school before the NCAA season is over. There are multiple players in the same situation wanting out because of the current COVID situation. But it will all come down to the NHL team's contract situations and how they can absorb it without affecting their plans.

The other thing he mentioned is what Michigan's financial situation is like and what their scholarship situation is going forward.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I've got a lot of things going on at the moment, but I did take the opportunity to talk to someone from a different NCAA school regarding Beecher.

He has also heard the rumors Beecher is leaving school before the NCAA season is over. There are multiple players in the same situation wanting out because of the current COVID situation. But it will all come down to the NHL team's contract situations and how they can absorb it without affecting their plans.

The other thing he mentioned is what Michigan's financial situation is like and what their scholarship situation is going forward.
do you know if Michigan, like other schools, pulled scholarships from other sports that aren`t typically considered one`s that bring in the $$

I think I heard rowing programs at Stanford, as an example, have been pulled

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Saturday night
5pm BC vs Maine part deux NESN
530pm Michigan vs The Ohio State
Will he or won't he be in the lineup?
730 Youngstown vs Chicago

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad