Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XIV - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I've been trying to watch our favorite prospect with a more critical eye last few games but other than the needed weight gain and occasional arrogant stick handling through the D skills I really dont see any Yellow Flags never mind Red
I'm petrified that team Ohio will try and stamp out his offensive prowess for more structure.
Anyways Lohrei and Schmaltz back at it tonight 7pm vs the NTDP

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I'm not sure what this means.
GENERAL SENSE, for ELC's purposes it can be a 1, 2, or 3 year deal..... now what they negotiate from here, it can go multiple ways and if I had to pick a term of contract.... based off where Beecher may be development-wise I'd say 2 yrs to start.... now does Michigan play the same style that wherever Beecher goes if he chooses to leave Michigan... that either Boston, or Providence does, or do they do what they did w/ Keyser by dropping him back to the ECHL and where would Booth fit here past this season....

that's the scenario the B's have to determine going forward....

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
GENERAL SENSE, for ELC's purposes it can be a 1, 2, or 3 year deal..... now what they negotiate from here, it can go multiple ways and if I had to pick a term of contract.... based off where Beecher may be development-wise I'd say 2 yrs to start.... now does Michigan play the same style that wherever Beecher goes if he chooses to leave Michigan... that either Boston, or Providence does, or do they do what they did w/ Keyser by dropping him back to the ECHL and where would Booth fit here past this season....

No it's based on age. 18-21 year olds must sign a 3 year contract, 22-23 must sign a 2 year, and 24 must sign a 1 year. So if they want to sign him to a 2 year deal they have to wait until he is 22 which would be April 5, 2023 or after his senior year.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021

It's age. Age is the deciding factor on whether or not a player is signed to a one-year, two-year or three-year ELC.

When Beecher signs in Boston, which from what I know is expected to be after this season, I highly doubt he'll be playing in the ECHL. I think he'll be in Providence and can immediately make an impact there. His skating, size, puck skills and strength is certainly professional-ready, IMO.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Everyone has already answered, but I will add, no, you're incorrect

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Schmaltz scored his 13th with assist to Lohrei in a 4-1 loss to the NTDP
They both keep raking in the points

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
So Pops we know about, but there must be something fishy about Schmaltz too
Yes ,we at the Fanboy Inc research center have had many internal discussions about Mr Schmaltz, I like his seize, frame, skating is solid, compete level good, scores from a variety of ways, is very strong with faceoffs, has decent truculence and I look forward to his further development at North Dakota, my compatriot while liking his point production is troubled by his lack of standing out during games,a fair point I might add, I'm not ready to claim the kid is a silent assassin but he's trending that way

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yes ,we at the Fanboy Inc research center have had many internal discussions about Mr Schmaltz, I like his seize, frame, skating is solid, compete level good, scores from a variety of ways, is very strong with faceoffs, has decent truculence and I look forward to his further development at North Dakota, my compatriot while liking his point production is troubled by his lack of standing out during games,a fair point I might add, I'm not ready to claim the kid is a silent assassin but he's trending that way

So you guys are conveniently keeping his true age under wraps are you? Fine. I am going to guess he is at least 25 which could explain his success against a bunch of sixteen year olds.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
So you guys are conveniently keeping his true age under wraps are you? Fine. I am going to guess he is at least 25 which could explain his success against a bunch of sixteen year olds.
He's still the tender age of 19

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
So Pops we know about, but there must be something fishy about Schmaltz too

I’m not quite sure what it is about Schmaltz, but I don’t find him to be a driver or someone who particularly stands out during the games. His name isn’t called by PxP very often, yet several others are always talked about. He’s well over a PPG player and if you watched him play you probably wouldn’t believe it.

At the end of the game he usually has several points and maybe even a strong individual effort to boot, though. Really perplexing player. He’s not much of a play driver, but scores a ton of points and has flashes where he takes over for a few seconds to score. I don’t thin UND is a good fit for him, either.

UND is often regarded around the NCAA circuit as having an NHL-style system. Their well-oiled system has plenty of D activation and cycling, as well as playing high-tempo hockey. I’m not sure that’s gonna mesh well for someone like Schmaltz, but we will see. I won’t write a 19-year-old player off, but I’m not that high on him.

Reactions: Gordoff and Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
XypDyKz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca