Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XII- Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Good to see NESN coverage of #2 ranked Eagles against #7 UMass tonight. Gave us a chance to watch Trevor Kuntar in action live from Conte Forum. Though he did not record a point, the freshman made a nice back check to thwart a Minuteman rush in the D zone. BC 4 UM 3 in a well played open game.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
Steen and Berglund both doing well in Sweden. Berglund having 12 points in 16 SHL games. Oddly both leading scorers in his team are defencemen (he's the 2nd highest scorer).

Reactions: Blowfish

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Anyone have any idea on what’s up with Beecher? 6GP, 1G, 0A -3 - is he maybe playing injured from that monster hit he took first game? Feel like he should be at least a PPG this year.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Anyone have any idea on what’s up with Beecher? 6GP, 1G, 0A -3 - is he maybe playing injured from that monster hit he took first game? Feel like he should be at least a PPG this year.
He looked like pure ass in the WJC. Thats the only time I actually watched him play though so hopefully he can turn it around.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

I see him becoming a very good draft pick however this is a little concerning...

Perhaps not playing on the bestest of teams???

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I see him becoming a very good draft pick however this is a little concerning...

Perhaps not playing on the bestest of teams???

I agree that it is concerning. Probably some contributing factors, such as the big hit, the covid-start, moving lines, etc., but without those factors maybe he is 0.5ppg. FWIW, unlike last year, there are a lot of guys on Michigan scoring at a decent clip, with at least 7 having 4 points or more in the first 6 games.

Beecher just does not seem to be an offensively talented player. That, essentially, is who he has always been, and why there is growing frustration at the Bruins draft mentality. We need to replace Bergeron and Krejci, and we just won't do that with guys like Beecher and Frederic.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I agree that it is concerning. Probably some contributing factors, such as the big hit, the covid-start, moving lines, etc., but without those factors maybe he is 0.5ppg. FWIW, unlike last year, there are a lot of guys on Michigan scoring at a decent clip, with at least 7 having 4 points or more in the first 6 games.

Beecher just does not seem to be an offensively talented player. That, essentially, is who he has always been, and why there is growing frustration at the Bruins draft mentality. We need to replace Bergeron and Krejci, and we just won't do that with guys like Beecher and Frederic.

And that's a fact Jack.

Reactions: Kalus

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Last time I checked Beecher Centered the first line and was playing well
Also last time I checked Michigan was a very solid team,they had a disappointing weekend though
If you have the chance check them out,fun team to watch,relentless

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I want to see Beecher perform at the world juniors as a 19 year old. although a short tournament, I findbest on best tourneys are a good gauge.

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
And that's a fact Jack.

You’ll know we’re in trouble once the endless positive scouting reports start filing in, contrary to tangible results....

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere

Thinking about what those two have accomplished, and the way they've carried themselves, I don't see any replacements anytime soon even coming close.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Thinking about what those two have accomplished, and the way they've carried themselves, I don't see any replacements anytime soon even coming close.

It may take a few seasons- Orr to Bourque, Bourque to Chara, Chara to . . . McAvoy? Hopefully we see the same thing at center. Replacing a HOFer is never easy, and replacing Krejci is a pretty tall order too.

Reactions: mjhfb

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It may take a few seasons- Orr to Bourque, Bourque to Chara, Chara to . . . McAvoy? Hopefully we see the same thing at center. Replacing a HOFer is never easy, and replacing Krejci is a pretty tall order too.

Krejci could eventually make a case to be in the hall of fame, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad