Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XII- Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Given some of the people that have gotten in, yeah. Reality is I don't think he is a HOF player, but at the level right below- a really good, consistent performer at a high level over the years

I just thought it would be fun to take a look at how far away Krejci is from key milestones.

89 games away from 1000 GP
93 goals away from 300 Goals
21 assists away from 500 assists
314 points away from 1000 points (currently sits at 686 career points).

Stanley Cup Winner on the resume

Is it a shoe-in for the HoF if you hit 1000 points?

Reactions: Dr Hook

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Berglund got another assist, so he has now 13p in 17gp and is one of the top scoring defencemen in SHL. I haven't watched him too much, but his bomb of a shot does stand out.

He’s very intriguing. As a RH shot, you wouldn’t need him to blossom into a top 4 guy but if he progresses offensively you potentially have that top 4 offensive defenseman. But I could see him filling that 3rd pairing, 2nd PP QB role with plenty of room to grow.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I just thought it would be fun to take a look at how far away Krejci is from key milestones.

89 games away from 1000 GP
93 goals away from 300 Goals
21 assists away from 500 assists
314 points away from 1000 points (currently sits at 686 career points).

Stanley Cup Winner on the resume

Is it a shoe-in for the HoF if you hit 1000 points?

Yeah I would think 1000 points would do it. I doubt he gets there, now, though. He'd need to score his average of 70 for the next 4+ years while staying fully healthy. I think his chances would have been better if he had been the man all these years instead of being a 1a/1b with Bergeron (sometimes the a, sometimes the b).

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yeah I would think 1000 points would do it. I doubt he gets there, now, though. He'd need to score his average of 70 for the next 4+ years while staying fully healthy. I think his chances would have been better if he had been the man all these years instead of being a 1a/1b with Bergeron (sometimes the a, sometimes the b).

Its funny but he was the “A center” during the 2011 season with Lucic and Horton. And that was our best year seeing we won the Cup. I’ve always loved Krejci and don’t think he gets enough respect. But back to prospects!!

Last edited:

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Don't like this writeup about Beecher from THW and the USA Junior team....he should be top six?
"The final returnee is John Beecher, who likely will slot into a depth defensive role and provide veteran stability to the bottom-six"

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Can anyone share a list of our prospects that have been invited to the World Juniors by team?

Officially Invited:
John Beecher - USA
Roman Bychkov - Russia

Expect to be Invited:
Matias Mantykivi - Finland

Barring something crazy, Beecher is probably a lock. I'd expect him to be either the 3C or 4C, though it's possible they put him on the wing. He's definitely not good enough to be in the top 6. Both Bychkov and Mantykivi would be depth players if they make their respective teams.

Reactions: Number6

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Officially Invited:
John Beecher - USA
Roman Bychkov - Russia

Expect to be Invited:
Matias Mantykivi - Finland

Barring something crazy, Beecher is probably a lock. I'd expect him to be either the 3C or 4C, though it's possible they put him on the wing. He's definitely not good enough to be in the top 6. Both Bychkov and Mantykivi would be depth players if they make their respective teams.

The has to be one of the weakest showings by any NHL organization in what is the premier amateur hockey event of the year.

Reactions: Gordoff

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
The has to be one of the weakest showings by any NHL organization in what is the premier amateur hockey event of the year.
Your best case scenario is your 18 year old draft picks making your NHL club and completely bypassing being an adult playing amateur hockey altogether.

And to Eric's point, there are a limited number of drafted NHL prospects participating among the 10 teams. Half of the teams won't have a single player drafted by an NHL team. If the other half were composed of 100% NHL draftees (they aren't), you'd average about 5 draftees per NHL team.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Last year Boston was represented by 3
Curtis Hall, Beecher and Lauko, 3 is a good number, if you have 6 or 7 chances are you've sucked for a few years

Reactions: PepeBostones

Root

Feb 22, 2010
I agree that it is concerning. Probably some contributing factors, such as the big hit, the covid-start, moving lines, etc., but without those factors maybe he is 0.5ppg. FWIW, unlike last year, there are a lot of guys on Michigan scoring at a decent clip, with at least 7 having 4 points or more in the first 6 games.

Beecher just does not seem to be an offensively talented player. That, essentially, is who he has always been, and why there is growing frustration at the Bruins draft mentality. We need to replace Bergeron and Krejci, and we just won't do that with guys like Beecher and Frederic.

Barkov is a free agent after the 21-22 season. Krejci and Rask deals should be off the books (although either could still be here at a reduced cap hit). Maybe by then Bergeron and/or Krejci moved to RW?

Centers:

Barkov
Studnicka
Coyle
Frederic/Beecher/Kuraly

Yes Please

Reactions: TCB and HustleB

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
3-5 is probably the average per organization

It's not just about the quantity, its the quality. We have three camp invitees, all of whom, including Beecher given his slow start, probably qualify as bubble players right now. Even if all three make it, they will all play down the lineup.

An average showing for an NHL organization at this tournament is probably one impact player on a contending team, one good depth player on a contender or star on a non-contender, and one marginal player.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I haven't heard much about this guy, but good news anyhow.

What does this invitation mean for Roman Bychkov?

The fact that Bychkov was invited to Russia’s WJC camp means that Russia views Bychkov as one of the best among his age group.
If Bychkov ultimately makes Russia’s final WJC roster and has a good tournament, it could ultimately skyrocket him up the B’s prospect depth chart.
If this happens, Bychkov could prove to be a steal of a pick with him being selected late in the 2019 draft in the fifth round.

Boston Bruins: Defense prospect selected to Russia’s WJC camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad