Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XII- Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Sorry, but I hate the "He was only 14. What stupid things did you do when you were 14?" argument.

Let's call a spade a spade. He basically committed a hate crime. Who here was committing hate crimes when they were 14? I certainly wasn't. This wasn't just standard bullying. You don't get convicted of assault for that.

The bigger problem is that he has supposedly shown few signs of remorse. It seems like he only started to care when it affected his draft stock.

Here's one NHL Draft writer's thoughts:

Kid is an obvious little prick. Here's hoping he gets his ass kicked early and often.

Reactions: Fenian24

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Hate it all you want, but it's the truth. What he did was terrible, and he was just 14 years old at the time. Has it come to the point where there is no coming back from that? He no longer gets to have a life because he acted like an asshole as young teen? There is just so little grace in our society anymore and its gets tiring with everyone getting on their moral high horse and deciding who gets forgiven of what and who doesn't. Why is a hate crime worse than any other? What he if he just kicked this kid's ass and took his lunch money every day for a year? I guess he could get forgiven for that since it was not a hate crime? As far as "supposedly shown few signs of remorse," well, thank God a cancel culture media and people like you are around to decide whether he is properly repentant or not.

Last I checked, you don't get convicted of assault for acting like an asshole. I also shouldn't have to explain to an adult what makes a hate crime worse than bullying. That's one of those things that should just be obvious.

Do you know how I know he's not properly repentent? Because the victim's family certainly doesn't think so, and they literally said the other kid who did it was. It's also known that there were teams that put him on their "Do Not Draft" list because of it, who I assume have done a hell of a lot more research on this than I have, including talking to Miller himself.

Miller still has an opportunity to make this right, but until he does, I don't see why a team would want to invest in him like the Coyotes have. I certainly wouldn't.

Reactions: HustleB

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Last I checked, you don't get convicted of assault for acting like an asshole. I also shouldn't have to explain to an adult what makes a hate crime worse than bullying. That's one of those things that should just be obvious.

Do you know how I know he's not properly repentent? Because the victim's family certainly doesn't think so, and they literally said the other kid who did it was. It's also known that there were teams that put him on their "Do Not Draft" list because of it, who I assume have done a hell of a lot more research on this than I have, including talking to Miller himself.

Miller still has an opportunity to make this right, but until he does, I don't see why a team would want to invest in him like the Coyotes have. I certainly wouldn't.
Certainty not a good look for Bill Armstrong right out of the gate for the Coyotes. I always liked Armstrong as a player but this is not a good start as an NHL GM.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
In 11 games Cehlarik has 8 goals and 6 helpers...

He would be game ready next year.

Unless Peter develops an extra gear to his game and can be "harder on pucks," then the only way I see him coming back is if Cassidy is no longer behind the bench.

Reactions: Blowfish

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Cassidy ain’t going anywhere soon so it looks like PC won’t be in a Bruins jersey next season - at least not on a regular basis.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Lets hope cehlarik ends up having trade value for us

Honestly he doesnt play ahead of marchand or debrusk here

Differnt type of player than ritchie

Not suited for 4th line

So... does he take bjorks job?
Does federic/beecher end up at lw next year?
Is lauko going to get nhl time?

We dont got room at the inn... but if he helps complete a deal then great

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I wouldn't put much stock into his SHL numbers. Carter Camper is 2nd in the SHL is points and he bounced around the AHL for 9-10 years, while playing all of 3 NHL games (for Boston)

Peter has an NHL skill set, though. We all saw it. What he didn't have was any sense of urgency to his game. Kind of like Nick Ritchie now that I think of it. Wonder why Ritchie gets the pass? Probably because they gave up a useful player in Danton Heinen to acquire him. Anyway, if Cehlarik figures out how to up the intensity level at least some of the time he is out there, he will be back in the NHL.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Peter has an NHL skill set, though. We all saw it. What he didn't have was any sense of urgency to his game. Kind of like Nick Ritchie now that I think of it. Wonder why Ritchie gets the pass? Probably because they gave up a useful player in Danton Heinen to acquire him. Anyway, if Cehlarik figures out how to up the intensity level at least some of the time he is out there, he will be back in the NHL.

Cehlarik couldn't sustain his play. If you look at his production, majority of it came in his first 2-3 games up, then he'd go ice cold. I'm not sure I'd say Ritchie gets a pass either. He was a scratch numerous times in the playoffs and not to be on the opening night roster.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Cehlarik couldn't sustain his play. If you look at his production, majority of it came in his first 2-3 games up, then he'd go ice cold. I'm not sure I'd say Ritchie gets a pass either. He was a scratch numerous times in the playoffs and not to be on the opening night roster.

I think it's a related issue with him, maybe some consistency, some fire. Playing through a tough patch. We'll see. I don't expect him back in Boston at all, but I would not be surprised if he lands somewhere and possibly becomes a useful player for someone.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
In 2018/2019 Cehlarik got 20 games it was by far his most significant chance. He got 3 points in the first two games and 3 more in the next 18 games. If I remember he wasn't awful defensively. He was good on the breakout and through the neutral zone and was creative in the offensive zone. But without scoring he really wasn't a plus in anything else enough to matter.

Peter Cehlarik Stats and News

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Lets hope cehlarik ends up having trade value for us Honestly he doesnt play ahead of marchand or debrusk here

Differnt type of player than ritchie Not suited for 4th line So... does he take bjorks job? Does federic/beecher end up at lw next year?Is lauko going to get nhl time? We dont got room at the inn... but if he helps complete a deal then great

Think the only way Cehlarik gets in the lineup is through the 4th line. But I think Blidh is better and a very good agitator.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I wouldn't put much stock into his SHL numbers. Carter Camper is 2nd in the SHL is points and he bounced around the AHL for 9-10 years, while playing all of 3 NHL games (for Boston)

I might be wrong but a number of teams have their upcoming prospects playing in the SHL...

Not sure if the league has improved with covid. Regardless SHL is still very competitive.

Reactions: Over the volcano

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I might be wrong but a number of teams have their upcoming prospects playing in the SHL...

Not sure if the league has improved with covid. Regardless SHL is still very competitive.

Go look at the top 10 producers in the SHL right now. Many are guys that had a cup of coffee in the NHL or bounced around the AHL.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada

Well said and I fully agree with you.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Okay so beer league...I get it.

I get your big Cehlarik guy. His production in the SHL has been great. All OneMan is showing is that production doesn’t mean anything there as there’s plenty of players who couldn’t sniff the NHL doing well there.

also, there’s a huge difference between a 25/26 year old player with professional experience like cehlarik producing in the SHL and a 19-20 year old doing the same.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The young ones though look like decent prospects...

Regardless - it’s good to see him finding some success

Lots of solid NHLers come out of the SHL where they produced at a good level. True, the older guys who do are typically not going to make a splash in the NHL because if they had that skill level then for the most part they would be over here playing. But Peter is still young t and this level of production in a what is a very good league is good for him and his career prospects.

Reactions: Over the volcano

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I get your big Cehlarik guy. His production in the SHL has been great. All OneMan is showing is that production doesn’t mean anything there as there’s plenty of players who couldn’t sniff the NHL doing well there.

also, there’s a huge difference between a 25/26 year old player with professional experience like cehlarik producing in the SHL and a 19-20 year old doing the same.

It doesn't mean nothing, though. If a guy is NOT producing in that league what does that say about his NHL chances? In Cehlarik's case it might mean something because the guy has NHL level skills when he is consistent and on his game. You can't just write it off because someone like Par Lindholm produced points in the SHL and does diddly shit in the NHL.

Reactions: Blowfish

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
There but for the Grace of God go I....

What if we knew all the worst things that every player or draftee ever did or said? The vast majority of them don't end up in court. How many "date" rapes alone, do you think?

I am not one to excuse the faults of others, or my own, but I think it is important to be realistic that many people have done, or could do in the wrong circumstances, or would have done if their upbringing had been different, many horrible things.

Reactions: BBB24 and Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad