Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XII- Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It doesn't mean nothing, though. If a guy is NOT producing in that league what does that say about his NHL chances? In Cehlarik's case it might mean something because the guy has NHL level skills when he is consistent and on his game. You can't just write it off because someone like Par Lindholm produced points in the SHL and does diddly shit in the NHL.

Which is why I said I wouldn't put much stock in it. It great that he's doing well in the SHL, but for me that doesn't change my outlook on his NHL future. Just like Ryan Spooner. He's got the 6th best P/GP in the KHL this year and is tied with Rob Klinkhammer for the team lead in points.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Which is why I said I wouldn't put much stock in it. It great that he's doing well in the SHL, but for me that doesn't change my outlook on his NHL future. Just like Ryan Spooner. He's got the 6th best P/GP in the KHL this year and is tied with Rob Klinkhammer for the team lead in points.

I don't disagree with you on this. I do think Cehlarik has an NHL toolset and it is the inner guy that is holding him back, whatever that is. A lack of drive, an inability to push through a tough patch, competitive fire, who knows exactly. He should get another look from someone. What he makes of it is another story, but I feel sure it won't be in Boston.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
In 2018/2019 Cehlarik got 20 games it was by far his most significant chance. He got 3 points in the first two games and 3 more in the next 18 games. If I remember he wasn't awful defensively. He was good on the breakout and through the neutral zone and was creative in the offensive zone. But without scoring he really wasn't a plus in anything else enough to matter.

Peter Cehlarik Stats and News
Sounds like Bjork and Ritchie - decent players but I wish they had more finish and effort. They may not have 'it' to fit in on this team. They are not top guys and are easily replaced by players that play a more complete competitive game. If one of them could have Backes or Nordy's fire to go through a wall then we have something but they just are lacking. Be nice to see if Celly could get another shot.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I don't disagree with you on this. I do think Cehlarik has an NHL toolset and it is the inner guy that is holding him back, whatever that is. A lack of drive, an inability to push through a tough patch, competitive fire, who knows exactly. He should get another look from someone. What he makes of it is another story, but I feel sure it won't be in Boston.

I think he could be a serviceable 3rd liner if put in the right system. He may end up being one of those guys who comes back over in his late 20's after he's had some time doing well overseas and working on his game.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I get your big Cehlarik guy. His production in the SHL has been great. All OneMan is showing is that production doesn’t mean anything there as there’s plenty of players who couldn’t sniff the NHL doing well there.

also, there’s a huge difference between a 25/26 year old player with professional experience like cehlarik producing in the SHL and a 19-20 year old doing the same.

I understand what oneman is saying and I'm simply saying the SHL is a competitive league. My understanding third best league after NHL and KHL.

What is nice to see is Cehlarik performing extremely well. This bodes well for Cehlarik and possibly the bruins. To fluff off as has been league is ridiculous.

I've already stated my concerns with his pace and hopefully that's improved. I still maintain the dude has exceptional skills and sees the ice much like Krejci. Hope he puts it all together and is given another opportunity however that's very unlikely considering the style of play the bruins play and my guess Cehlarik has moved on...

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I understand what oneman is saying and I'm simply saying the SHL is a competitive league. My understanding third best league after NHL and KHL.

What is nice to see is Cehlarik performing extremely well. This bodes well for Cehlarik and possibly the bruins. To fluff off as has been league is ridiculous.

I've already stated my concerns with his pace and hopefully that's improved. I still maintain the dude has exceptional skills and sees the ice much like Krejci. Hope he puts it all together and is given another opportunity however that's very unlikely considering the style of play the bruins play and my guess Cehlarik has moved on...
Funny, if he played center he probably would have got a longer look. How many great play making wingers are there in the league anyway?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
If Cehlarik doesn't sign with the B's they will retain his rights until his 27th birthday. He signed a two-year deal, and from what I gather his contract does not have an NHL out clause. That two year deal brings him to age 27 where he will be a UFA.

If the Bruins really wanted him over, think Carl Soderberg. They will need to buyout his contract with the SHL, pay all the transfer fees, and sign him. I really don't think they will spend the money in today's COVID climate.

He currently has zero value. No one is going to trade for a player under those contractual obligations for two years, especially when they could have had him for nothing when he went on waivers.

He will finish his time in Sweden, and then maybe someone will give him an NHL contract.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
In my opinion Peter Cehlarik has been producing in Sweden before and in AHL and he still plays the same style or game as he always has.
He has enough skills to be a producer at that level but his lack of quickness and first steps hurt him at NHL level. More important I would say he lacks intensity which probably was the main reason Bruce Cassidy didn't play him.
As Dom said he will play the two years in Sweden. Hopefully he can gather some interest from NHL to at least give the Bruins a draft pick for his NHL rights.
I've been following this kid since well before being drafted and he always leaves you wanting more.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
If Cehlarik doesn't sign with the B's they will retain his rights until his 27th birthday. He signed a two-year deal, and from what I gather his contract does not have an NHL out clause. That two year deal brings him to age 27 where he will be a UFA.

If the Bruins really wanted him over, think Carl Soderberg. They will need to buyout his contract with the SHL, pay all the transfer fees, and sign him. I really don't think they will spend the money in today's COVID climate.

He currently has zero value. No one is going to trade for a player under those contractual obligations for two years, especially when they could have had him for nothing when he went on waivers.

He will finish his time in Sweden, and then maybe someone will give him an NHL contract.

Well this just made my day...

images

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
Apparently the Coyotes should have just stayed home on draft day. Rounds 1-4 yield zero prospects. I thought the Sabres & Senators organizations sucked, but the Desert Dogs take the cookie.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Apparently the Coyotes should have just stayed home on draft day. Rounds 1-4 yield zero prospects. I thought the Sabres & Senators organizations sucked, but the Desert Dogs take the cookie.

Funny I thought it was the Bruins organization that sucked that bad- at least to hear people around here tell it anyway.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Thursday, October 29, 2020
GLENDALE, ARIZONA --- The Arizona Coyotes announced today that the club has renounced the rights to Mitchell Miller. Miller was selected by the Coyotes in the fourth round (111th overall) of the 2020 NHL Draft.

Coyotes Renounce Rights to Mitchell Miller

Reactions: CDJ

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Well this feels empty....

10:15am: The World Junior Championship will be played in a bubble this year, using the same Edmonton locations that the NHL did in their return to play. Since junior and professional leagues in North America are not operating at full capacity right now (if at all), the Team Canada selection camp for the tournament will be an unprecedented 28-day event starting on November 16 in Red Deer, Alberta. 46 players have been named to the selection camp roster, vying for spots on the team that will play in late-December.
The roster includes:
G Brett Brochu (2021 draft eligible)
G Dylan Garand (NYR)
G Taylor Gauthier (2021 draft eligible)
G Tristan Lennox (2021 draft eligible)
G Devon Levi (FLA)
D Justin Barron (COL)
D Bowen Byram (COL)
D Lukas Cormier (VGK)
D Jamie Drysdale (ANA)
D Kaiden Guhle (MTL)
D Thomas Harley (DAL)