Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects X - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It's funny how Frederic is a potential NHL "regular" but JFK is a bust, despite JFK being better at both levels. Lol

Was just thinking about JFK the other day. Is there anyone that gets to see him play on a regular basis? I know the numbers don't look encouraging, but IDK how he's being used or linemates, etc. I still think he could be a solid #3C in the NHL when he returns.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
It's funny how Frederic is a potential NHL "regular" but JFK is a bust, despite JFK being better at both levels. Lol
Frederic was never caught on camera watching a teammate get injured by a dirty hit five feet away, then sneak away from the resulting scrum.

Reactions: Strafer

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
And yet..... One has shown a little bit at the NHL level with production and the other has not.

Not sure what this post has to do with mine.
It explains why 9 points JFK isn't viewed with the same lens Frederic is. Frederic is also close to two years younger and wasn't handed the third line for 20 games once Kuraly's audition failed.

Frederic still has 26 games this season to match JFK's benchmark for points in a season.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It explains why 9 points JFK isn't viewed with the same lens Frederic is. Frederic is also close to two years younger and wasn't handed the third line for 20 games once Kuraly's audition failed.

The only explanation for that is the fans who value the wrong things in hockey. I'll take the 9 points in 29 games played (0.31 PPG) over the ZERO points in 17 Games.

Frederic still has 26 games this season to match JFK's benchmark for points in a season.

Yeah, or he has 11 games left to get 9 points, which would put him at 28 NHL Games, same as JFK.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
The only explanation for that is the fans who value the wrong things in hockey. I'll take the 9 points in 29 games played (0.31 PPG) over the ZERO points in 17 Games.

Yeah, or he has 11 games left to get 9 points, which would put him at 28 NHL Games, same as JFK.

Both prospects stink

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Both prospects stink
I certainly think Frederic and JFK are both yet to be determined. I have liked each in spurts and I am slightly higher on Frederic right now. I wonder if he could be the answer to the toughness issue if he can keep up and play with a bit more skill and confidence. For some reason I still expect that to happen.

If JFK does not make it I believe it will not be because he wasn’t good enough. I am not sure what’s going on but I wish him the best and hope he can come back to resume his development ASAP.

Reactions: Ritmo

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Was just thinking about JFK the other day. Is there anyone that gets to see him play on a regular basis? I know the numbers don't look encouraging, but IDK how he's being used or linemates, etc. I still think he could be a solid #3C in the NHL when he returns.
I see he has 7 points in 18 games and is a -4 so far, not setting the league on fire at this point!
I think his upside is a #3 center with the Bruins and would peg him in as a 4th liner now, or first call up Center if he was in Providence.
Stud has the most upside at center along with Beecher, who is at least 2 years away.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I certainly think Frederic and JFK are both yet to be determined. I have liked each in spurts and I am slightly higher on Frederic right now. I wonder if he could be the answer to the toughness issue if he can keep up and play with a bit more skill and confidence. For some reason I still expect that to happen.

If JFK does not make it I believe it will not be because he wasn’t good enough. I am not sure what’s going on but I wish him the best and hope he can come back to resume his development ASAP.
I am not sold on either one being a #1 or #2 Center at this point.
Both look like 3rd or 4th liners.
They have to improve significantly in the next 1-2 years to make an impact on the team.
I see Stud and Beecher as higher on the depth chart at this point as far as a higher ceiling goes.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I am not sold on either one being a #1 or #2 Center at this point.
Both look like 3rd or 4th liners.
They have to improve significantly in the next 1-2 years to make an impact on the team.
I see Stud and Beecher as higher on the depth chart at this point as far as a higher ceiling goes.
I agree on each of your points. I was responding to people who seem to have at least one of these players in the bust pile.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Great insight. Thank you!

No use debating one guy who barely put up points before going to europe vs another guy who doesn’t put up any points. Neither will be significant contributors to an nhl team for the balance of their careers. There’s my insight

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
2019 NHL farm system rankings: No. 29 Boston Bruins

Pronman is at it again, ranks the Bruins farm system at 29th out of 31.

"As a contender, the Bruins have traded a few picks in recent years, picked high and two-thirds of their 2015 first-round picks have not looked incredibly promising, resulting in a bottom tier farm system. Some of their recent top picks, like John Beecher, Trent Frederic and Urho Vaakanainen, will never likely be highlight reel types, but they project to supplement the current Bruins stars."

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

"As a contender, the Bruins have traded a few picks in recent years, picked high and two-thirds of their 2015 first-round picks have not looked incredibly promising, resulting in a bottom tier farm system. Some of their recent top picks, like John Beecher, Trent Frederic and Urho Vaakanainen, will never likely be highlight reel types, but they project to supplement the current Bruins stars."

to be honest he isn’t far off. We don’t have any top 50 prospects in the league on any website board. I think the highest is Studnicka who came in around 90th overall in the league.

many of our prospects have already graduated in pastrnak, debrusk, McAvoy, Carlo etc.

our prospect system doesn’t have any surefire top line guys. Only a couple projected 2nd line guys (studnicka, Beecher) or top 4 defenders (Vaak). Besides that it’s really a bunch of likely 3rd line guys with maybe an Oskar Steen sneaking into the a top 6 forward role.

Guys like Sensyshyn, zboril and frederic not really planning out as first round picks have really hurt the system. Though frederic has the best chance to defy those odds of the 3 just mentioned.

Reactions: Estlin

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002

Honestly I've never been a big fan of Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson and I don't think he will be a Bruin again or even in the NHL anytime soon. I think he's been a disappointment for his team Växjö in the SHL. He's been very quiet for most of the year so far. I can't say I follow him like I use to follow every Bruins draftees for a long time, but, I get to see him once in a while and haven't been impressed.

Neither I have heard or read anything positive about JFK since he came back. For me he's not the kind of player or the personality that can withstand the rigors of the NHL schedule and I question if he really want to play in the NHL at all.

I don't know JFK or talked to him. It's just my personal opinon and I feel just about the same regarding defenseman Emil Johansson who played for Providence last couple years. Some players probably are better suited to play in Europe. I hope both will have a good career but don't see them playing for Boston.

One player I like and who went to Bruins development camp last summer is Linus Sandin a right winger, if you remember him. Rasmus' brother has had a good opening months and produces well. He plays on HV71, same team as Emil Johansson and (!) Anthony Camara (former Bruin draft pick).

Camara has surprised and really plays well. He's been one of the best players on his team. He's adapted real well to SHL after spending the last few years in different minor leagues in Europe. Team is very happy with him.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

He isn't wrong this time. The Bruins love drafting depth in recent years.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I have no issues with the current state of the Bruins farm system. We have a solid group of youth on the main team and I've always been a proponent of a healthy mix of vets, youth, and in their prime players to build a winning team.

McAvoy - 21
Carlo - 22
Pasta - 23
DeBrusk - 23
Heinen - 24
Clifton - 24
Grz - 25

That's a solid base of current youth on the main squad to work with for the next 5 years.

Their center depth is a pause for concern, but Studnicka, Beecher, and Frederic are still developing. I think Stud is a top 6 lock and that Beecher has the potential to be one as well.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
“Some of their recent top picks, like John Beecher, Trent Frederic and Urho Vaakanainen, will never likely be highlight reel types”.

Another mailed in comment by Pronman.

Is he wrong, though? I don't think that any of Beecher, Frederic and Vaak can be called "highlight reel"-type players.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Honestly I've never been a big fan of Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson and I don't think he will be a Bruin again or even in the NHL anytime soon. I think he's been a disappointment for his team Växjö in the SHL. He's been very quiet for most of the year so far. I can't say I follow him like I use to follow every Bruins draftees for a long time, but, I get to see him once in a while and haven't been impressed.

Neither I have heard or read anything positive about JFK since he came back. For me he's not the kind of player or the personality that can withstand the rigors of the NHL schedule and I question if he really want to play in the NHL at all.

I don't know JFK or talked to him. It's just my personal opinon and I feel just about the same regarding defenseman Emil Johansson who played for Providence last couple years. Some players probably are better suited to play in Europe. I hope both will have a good career but don't see them playing for Boston.

One player I like and who went to Bruins development camp last summer is Linus Sandin a right winger, if you remember him. Rasmus' brother has had a good opening months and produces well. He plays on HV71, same team as Emil Johansson and (!) Anthony Camara (former Bruin draft pick).

Camara has surprised and really plays well. He's been one of the best players on his team. He's adapted real well to SHL after spending the last few years in different minor leagues in Europe. Team is very happy with him.

I sometimes question whether JFK wants to be a hockey player at all. He could just be a case of a kid who is super talented, but does not love the game. From what I've heard over the years (nothing insider, just TV commentary and posts here), JFK is a very bright guy with interests other than hockey. It wouldn't shock me if he retires early in a year or two to pursue another career.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
He isn't wrong this time. The Bruins love drafting depth in recent years.

I'm not sure I'd say that their focus is on drafting depth. I think they just have a certain type, both at forward and defense, that's become obvious during Sweeney's tenure. I think the problem is that they value certain types of players differently from the rest of the league, and that becomes an issue when you are trying to negotiate a trade. If the other team doesn't like what you're selling, then you either have to "overpay" or a deal's not going to be made.

Of their young players outside of the NHL, none of them have the high end skill/potential that would end up on one of these top ___ lists. My concern with the way they do things is that you'd think they'd be drafting a "safer" player, but that's not the case. They end up taking the same risk, but with a lower potential reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad