Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects X - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Appears to be some bad blood between team Pres and the coach
They announced an official leave of absence but aren't stating details as its a personal matter: Moncton Wildcats head coach taking leave of absence – Moncton Wildcats

For immediate release
Moncton Wildcats head coach taking leave of absence
Moncton, December 1, 2019 – The Moncton Wildcats have confirmed that Head Coach John Torchetti is taking a leave of absence from the team for personal reasons.
As with any personnel matter, the details of Mr. Torchetti’s leave of absence will not be made public.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
i love projecting bruin prospects into hof careers... my all time bruins future team

kyle wanvig… the super 40 goal power forward
wes walz… a 2 way stud center with passing skills out the wazoo
Cameron mann... my pk wizzard

dave pasin… mr snipe putting up 60 on a second line
kevyn adams… so smart... hockey sense and hard work
cam stewart… non stop energy ball

Shayne Stevenson... clutch
bob Sweeney... most underrated 40 goal guy in the nhl
nevin markwart... with a name like that how can he fail?

on defense
john rohloff… rocket shot
Andrew alberts... improving day after day on a path to the top

greg hawgood… was torey krug before it was cool to be torey krug
ray bourque… hey I got to be right about someone

gord kluzak and kyle McLaren... me like me big rugged raw boned western canadien dmen

and in net... soooo many hofs to choose from
do I go with jim craig?
blain lacher
no... it has to be hannu toivonen. my god he makes those saves look pretty

hell even if half these guys are 50 years old now I was so high on them I bet they could still put on the skates and win a cup

wonder what the hell happened that they never did it?

Reactions: The Colonel

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
i love projecting bruin prospects into hof careers... my all time bruins future team

on defense

gord kluzak and kyle McLaren... me like me big rugged raw boned western canadien dmen

do I go with jim craig?
blain lacher

hell even if half these guys are 50 years old now I was so high on them I bet they could still put on the skates and win a cup

Ryabchikov (sp?) was a guaranteed HOF goalie . Nevin was always one of my favorite Bruins, he did have a non stop motor just got injured a lot and Cameron Mann was held down by his coach (Burns) long before Ryan Spooner was by Claude.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Ryabchikov (sp?) was a guaranteed HOF goalie . Nevin was always one of my favorite Bruins, he did have a non stop motor just got injured a lot and Cameron Mann was held down by his coach (Burns) long before Ryan Spooner was by Claude.

I seem to remember seeing rybachikov in an exhibition game? If my memory isnt playing tricks he was great

Seems i remember mike moffat from training camp too

Dmitri kvartalnov impressed the hell out of me for an entire season... holy crap was he going to be good

Bob joyce came from college end of the year... what a savior

Mark stuart had future captain written all over him

Ive filled out so many future rosters with so many names... youd think id learn

But this crop of kids we got is all headed for hof :)

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I seem to remember seeing rybachikov in an exhibition game? If my memory isnt playing tricks he was great

Seems i remember mike moffat from training camp too

Dmitri kvartalnov impressed the hell out of me for an entire season... holy crap was he going to be good

Bob joyce came from college end of the year... what a savior

Mark stuart had future captain written all over him

Ive filled out so many future rosters with so many names... youd think id learn

But this crop of kids we got is all headed for hof :)

He did, he came over the year after he was drafted. The goalies in camp that year were Ryabchikov (right after being drafted), Vinny Riendeau (who was backup the few years prior) and Blaine Lacher (right out of college). Mid 90s were a dark time for Bruins goaltending.

I remember him being a bit hyped up (i mean he was just drafted in the 1st round), and he was actually competing for the starters job. His numbers were terrible Evgeni Ryabchikov Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Not saying ANY of our prospects are future HOF's but the Bruins will actually need warm bodies to fill huge holes in just the next few years. Holes like...

2022 - #2C
2023 - #1C , #1G and #1LD

Those are some pretty big holes! I would feel a lot better if the Bruins hang on to Studnicka, Beecher and Vaakanainen. Everyone else? Trade as needed.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Not saying ANY of our prospects are future HOF's but the Bruins will actually need warm bodies to fill huge holes in just the next few years. Holes like...

2022 - #2C
2023 - #1C , #1G and #1LD

Those are some pretty big holes! I would feel a lot better if the Bruins hang on to Studnicka, Beecher and Vaakanainen. Everyone else? Trade as needed.

I think Swayman is our #1 goalie of the future. He still has to pass the AHL test, but i think he'll do just fine. When i watch him, he's always the best skater on the ice.

Reactions: Son of Donegal

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA

on defense

do I go with jim craig?
blain lacher

Nice job on this

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada

on defense

do I go with jim craig?
blain lacher

You brought back many memories for me!
You forgot to include some of my favs...Rob Cimetta (I remember watching him play at MLG with the Marlies) and Greg Johnston also a former Marlie.
Also, Doug Morrison was supposed to be the next Mike Bossy after scoring 117 goals in his last two years of Junior.

Reactions: PepeBostones

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
You brought back many memories for me!
You forgot to include some of my favs...Rob Cimetta (I remember watching him play at MLG with the Marlies) and Greg Johnston also a former Marlie.
Also, Doug Morrison was supposed to be the next Mike Bossy after scoring 117 goals in his last two years of Junior.
rob cimetta could have made my list for sure

I didnt buy into every single prospect over the years... Johnston and morrison are two that missed my radar

I probably should have mentioned lars jonsson and martin Samuelsson... im a swede hertitage myself and was so excited when we drafted these guys. ironically I wasnt too high on pj axelsson or michael thelven until they got established.

jay Henderson... a local Edmonton kid... drafted last pick overall... in the same mold as cam stewart and nevin markwart... liked him. honestly I sort of was projecting all 3 of these guys to be early versions of brad marchand

when marchand came along... I was high on him too... so occasionally I get one right

a lot of bruin kids end up making it but are completely off my radar. Patrice Bergeron? milan lucic? torey krug? no clue really

when I tried my hand as the hf prospect reporter for the bruins here... one of the interviews I did was andy Hilbert. I was nervous as all F and he was pretty nervous himself but I thought how cool was it that I was finally a hockey journalist. I guess it elevated my opinion of Hilbert since he took my cherry. even when he ended up leaving the organization I always secretly felt he would turn things around and become a really outstanding player

the special ks… how much hype did they get? In defense of our prospect gurus here... krejci deserved all the hype. but kalus and karsum? im not even sure I got the third guys name right here. I think they started lumping a 4th special k into this hype too?

maybe no kid got more hype here than ivan huml… at least among guys that never came close to making it. I wasnt on his band wagon. seems I was arguing that lee goren would have a much better career than ivan huml

it all just serves to teach me quite awhile ago... im no amateur scout. I participate in a couple sim leagues and ive traded every single draft pick my teams had. history has taught me I know nothing about evaluating prospects.

what I do know... is that no kid has a lifetime ambition of making it to the ahl. no kid prioritizes making the highlight reel in ahl if hes been told that he has to work on the little things if he wants to take the next step to the nhl. on the rare chance some kid is more concerned making highlight reel in ahl then he is playing good defense... that kid is garbage. he will never be a bruin

I know we get frustrated with the development of a lot of our kids when they dont dominate lower leagues... but its obvious our organization wont accept 1 dimensional flashy offensive players. even the kessels and pastrnaks of this world are told to buyin to the defensive aspect of hockey or you wont end up making it here.

our history of graduating prospects to the nhl is the best in hockey. ive been studying it for 40 years now. we always have a wonderful alumni of current nhl players that came through our system. we might never score high on arbitrary lists of who has the best farm system... but our farm system always outperforms the competition.

its more than just draft picks. weve traded for young kids like tuuka rask, johnny boychuk, sean kuraly. weve gone the ufa market with blake wheeler, torey krug, Karson kuhlman, connor clifton

a look at current nhl players who played their first ever nhl game for the bruins... kids we graduated... shows us a guaranteed cup winning team

marchand/Bergeron/pastrnak is a home grown best line in hockey
blake wheeler/tyler seguin/phil kessel are 3 top 20 scorers all developed by us
jake debrusk/david krejci/danton Heinen are home grown
milan lucic/joe thornton/vladamir sbotka are declining but what a hell of a 4th line
anders Bjork is just getting going

dougie Hamilton/torey krug togeher on a pp would be... just amazing
Charlie McAvoy/matt grzelyck… homegrown
brandon carlo/Urho vaikaninen… id live with that as my 3rd pair if im going for a cup

tuuka rask is home grown
our one weakness is we dont have a high quality backup goalie

this list of names would crush the nhl… and they are all ours.

historically... we graduate high impact nhl players better than any other franchise in the nhl. even teams that draft first overall 4-5-6 times cant touch us for our quality and depth

its no wonder weve never gone more than 2 years at a time without making the playoffs in my 51 year lifetime

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Torchetti is back behind the Wildcats bench.

That tweet was yesterday?

The team issued this statement today Moncton Wildcats head coach will not be travelling with the team on upcoming road trip – Moncton Wildcats

Moncton, December 4, 2019 – Head Coach John Torchetti will not be travelling with the team to Quebec. Assistant coach Darryl Boyce will handle head coaching duties during the road trip.
As with any personal matter, the details of Mr. Torchetti’s absence will not be made public.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
That tweet was yesterday?

The team issued this statement today Moncton Wildcats head coach will not be travelling with the team on upcoming road trip – Moncton Wildcats

Moncton, December 4, 2019 – Head Coach John Torchetti will not be travelling with the team to Quebec. Assistant coach Darryl Boyce will handle head coaching duties during the road trip.
As with any personal matter, the details of Mr. Torchetti’s absence will not be made public.

:huh:
Maybe they will change their mind again tomorrow! :laugh:
Have you ever heard of a similar situation between a coach and an organization (or GM) in the CHL?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
:huh:
Maybe they will change their mind again tomorrow! :laugh:
Have you ever heard of a similar situation between a coach and an organization (or GM) in the CHL?

This is weird. That is all I can say.

Yesterday Torchetti said he would make the trip. Today, the team says he won't make the trip. And everyone is calling it personal?

Two reasons I wanted Andersson in Moncton: 1) he would get a ton of ice time 2) Torchetti is the perfect coach for his development at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad