Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects X - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Ritchie and Backes go against this style of play though.

I don't know what happened with Backes after they signed him, but there was a lot of talk of him being the 3rd center over the summer. It never happened and he fell off, but if that was the plan then he fit the model.

I don't know what they thought Ritchie would be. He was a 4th liner in Dallas and if that's what they thought they were getting that fits, and if he turned out be more than that it was a no risk gamble.

Reactions: Strafer

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I think they both were and I like what he wants on the ice style
And they should have some coming internally soon. Beecher and Frederic should at minimum be regulars hopefully better then that. Still like Frederic on LW over center.

Reactions: Strafer

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I don't know what happened with Backes after they signed him, but there was a lot of talk of him being the 3rd center over the summer. It never happened and he fell off, but if that was the plan then he fit the model.

I don't know what they thought Ritchie would be. He was a 4th liner in Dallas and if that's what they thought they were getting that fits, and if he turned out be more than that it was a no risk gamble.
For a million a year I don't think they saw more than a 4th line wing that could move up with injuries. He fills that roll well and has looked good playing up on third line. He should never see second line time.

Reactions: GoBs

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Good. Carey was a trainwreck this callup- I would prefer not to see him in Boston ever again, so good to see Gaunce get the callup and see what the team has in him.
He's been off a bit in Providence,points are there but he looks sluggish ,he dominated games last year and now looks like white rice

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
And they should have some coming internally soon. Beecher and Frederic should at minimum be regulars hopefully better then that. Still like Frederic on LW over center.
I agree with you about Frederic, LW is a must for him. He does not have the foot speed to play center and is better suited along the wall and in the corners where he can use his size.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Good. Carey was a trainwreck this callup- I would prefer not to see him in Boston ever again, so good to see Gaunce get the callup and see what the team has in him.
Carey got smoked when he was hit in the Capitals game and did not play well.
I liked what I saw in the pre season with Gaunce. He brings some grit to the team as well as some size.

Reactions: Strafer and Dr Hook

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

I’m really not sold at all on frederic being an NHL regular. Still young, but he really needs to improve his skating if he is to ever become an NHL regular. Also he hasn’t exactly been lighting up the AHL either.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I’m really not sold at all on frederic being an NHL regular. Still young, but he really needs to improve his skating if he is to ever become an NHL regular. Also he hasn’t exactly been lighting up the AHL either.

It's funny how Frederic is a potential NHL "regular" but JFK is a bust, despite JFK being better at both levels. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad