Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VIII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
because it still comes under conversation to criticise boston and its ability to draft... to say we cant find good players... to get upset if we take a reach on a player. lets remind each other of how we actually have drafted/found kids and let them enter the nhl

-this list is all players who played their first ever game for the bruins... were found by us
-I will just break it down in a 23 man roster to show how we are better than anyone else

marchand/bergeron/pastrnak {like the top line so far?}
wheeler/seguin/kessel {seems like 3 top ten scorers for our second line}
debrusk/krejci/Heinen {seems these guys are pretty good too}
lucic/thornton/donato {I think as a 4th line... wow}
sobotka/Thomson {its vladamir and nate… both ours} or can go with kuraly/accari

Hamilton/krug {not sure about chemistry here}
McAvoy/miller
carlo/gryzkyck
McQuaid {maybe vaakanainen would be better... or benning in Edmonton}

rask and subban or Hutchison can do the goaltending

sorry haters but the bruins have developed a team favorite to win the cup here. it might be too expsensive for the cap and I guess weve moved some of these guys to greener passers... but these are the guys our amateur scouts want and our gms sign/draft

if im trusting your ability to identify kids or the teams... then im going with the team.

job well done bruins... I salute you

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Because he's no longer on our team, and this board needs a new pet to talk about.

Donato was our next "guy" . Now he's gone, time to move on to the next one.
That’s fine. Let’s try Anders Bjork or Senyshyn or Lauko, someone who we already have in the system. Lots of potential there.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
That’s fine. Let’s try Anders Bjork or Senyshyn or Lauko, someone who we already have in the system. Lots of potential there.

Can't be Bjork, he's missed more games than he's played. Until he proves he has the hockey sense to avoid big hits, the jury is out on him.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Can't be Bjork, he's missed more games than he's played. Until he proves he has the hockey sense to avoid big hits, the jury is out on him.
He'll be 23 to start next season.

I'm still high on the kid. I hope they let him work it out in the AHL next season and hope, as you mentioned, he keeps healthy.

Reactions: bbfan419

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
because it still comes under conversation to criticise boston and its ability to draft... to say we cant find good players... to get upset if we take a reach on a player. lets remind each other of how we actually have drafted/found kids and let them enter the nhl

-this list is all players who played their first ever game for the bruins... were found by us
-I will just break it down in a 23 man roster to show how we are better than anyone else

McAvoy/miller
carlo/gryzkyck

sorry haters but the bruins have developed a team favorite to win the cup here. it might be too expsensive for the cap and I guess weve moved some of these guys to greener passers... but these are the guys our amateur scouts want and our gms sign/draft

if im trusting your ability to identify kids or the teams... then im going with the team.

Big picture the last 15-20 years yes the bruins have been a good drafting team Compared to the rest of the league. But small picture I think it’s always fair to praise or criticize each pick they make depending on the success of each player. I’ll be the first to praise the pick of Brandon carlo who I always thought was a great pick and doubled down on it when he played suffocating defense for team USA as Zach werenski garnered all the praise for his offense it was Carlos side of the ice no opposing player wanted to go down.

You could play the game where if Boston had drafted carlo at 15 and senyshyn at 37 or wherever carlo went there wouldn’t be nearly as much criticism for the bruins for that draft. But that’s not how it happened. I can say I love the Jake debrusk pick at 14 and credit the bruins scouting staff in one breath and in another curse them up and down for taking Senyshyn one pick later.

All in all I trust the bruins scouting staff more than I don’t. But if we can’t criticize their mistakes then what are we doing here. Covering our ears and eyes every time someone brings up past or potential busts and shouting WE GOT MARCHAND IN THE 3RD ROUND over all the skepticism of big time reaches elsewhere?

It’s okay big picture if every pick doesn’t work out, they won’t always. It’s also okay to dream on scenarios in which we selected players that did in spots they didn’t and question them in a vacuum.

I wont compare senyshyn to other failed prospects again because as people have stated, every player is different. I also know that stats don’t make up the whole picture. But they do tell a big portion of the picture honestly. I guy who scores 2 points in the ahl over 3 seasons probably won’t ever get a call up unless he’s a stout defender, a goalie or an enforcer right? I dont care how hard he back checks and digs out pucks and plays positionally. That’s just not enough production to warrant a call. Senyshyn hasn’t produced at a level over 2 seasons in providence that is any indicator he’ll be a big time nhl success. If he turns it around in year 3 and doubles his point production from this season it would be a pretty rare case. I mentioned yanni gourde did that but can’t think of another example in the modern league. top forward prospects don’t middle in the ahl for 2 years in almost every case.

Reactions: Trizz617 and Estlin

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Big picture the last 15-20 years yes the bruins have been a good drafting team Compared to the rest of the league. But small picture I think it’s always fair to praise or criticize each pick they make depending on the success of each player. I’ll be the first to praise the pick of Brandon carlo who I always thought was a great pick and doubled down on it when he played suffocating defense for team USA as Zach werenski garnered all the praise for his offense it was Carlos side of the ice no opposing player wanted to go down.

You could play the game where if Boston had drafted carlo at 15 and senyshyn at 37 or wherever carlo went there wouldn’t be nearly as much criticism for the bruins for that draft. But that’s not how it happened. I can say I love the Jake debrusk pick at 14 and credit the bruins scouting staff in one breath and in another curse them up and down for taking Senyshyn one pick later.

All in all I trust the bruins scouting staff more than I don’t. But if we can’t criticize their mistakes then what are we doing here. Covering our ears and eyes every time someone brings up past or potential busts and shouting WE GOT MARCHAND IN THE 3RD ROUND over all the skepticism of big time reaches elsewhere?

It’s okay big picture if every pick doesn’t work out, they won’t always. It’s also okay to dream on scenarios in which we selected players that did in spots they didn’t and question them in a vacuum.

I wont compare senyshyn to other failed prospects again because as people have stated, every player is different. I also know that stats don’t make up the whole picture. But they do tell a big portion of the picture honestly. I guy who scores 2 points in the ahl over 3 seasons probably won’t ever get a call up unless he’s a stout defender, a goalie or an enforcer right? I dont care how hard he back checks and digs out pucks and plays positionally. That’s just not enough production to warrant a call. Senyshyn hasn’t produced at a level over 2 seasons in providence that is any indicator he’ll be a big time nhl success. If he turns it around in year 3 and doubles his point production from this season it would be a pretty rare case. I mentioned yanni gourde did that but can’t think of another example in the modern league. top forward prospects don’t middle in the ahl for 2 years in almost every case.
Fair enough. Somewhere, there are 24 teams who are probably banging their heads in for passing on Pasta. I also still feel Seny will work out eventually. Time is of the essense.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

we can be unhappy that a pick didnt work out... the same as unhappy we dont win a game on march whatever... and we can play the what if game... what if we drafted so and so.

but to say that the team doesnt have the authority of ligitimitcy to go off the board and take someone rated by the 'other people' as a second rounder is just really sillywinks

I mean do the other people have a draft record as proven as we do? I know that our guys have changed over the years. the same people that drafted and developed thornton are not the same that got wheeler... are not the same as got pastrnak… are not the same as whoever will draft next year.

but that said, there is far more to like about our drafting record then there is to bitch and whine unless all that you want to do is bitch and whine. drafting is not and never has been a 100% science. it isnt in football or baseball... it isnt in wrestling... it sure isnt in hockey.

yes we can all be disappointed that we miss a pick... sure... if you want to dwell on the negatives then by all means go at it. but to expect perfection is sillywinks. im going to try myself to dwell on the positives. our drafting record hasn't been perfect but its still better than any other team

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018

McAvoy/miller
carlo/gryzkyck

I don't think Bruins developpement is bad, I even think it's pretty good. There's very few Bruins leftover who perform well with another organisation.

On the 20 years draft span from 1997 to 2017 you post. The red guy weren't draft by the Bruins, they were ufa signing.
The blue guy were "gifted" pick.
In 97 Thornton was clearly the number 1 pick. Bruins got lucky to be first the year of the best player drafted in the 90's. They were lucky, not good.
In 2006, there was a clear top 5 with Erik Jonhson, Phil Kessel, Nick Backstrom, Jonathan Toews and Jordan Staal. Bruins didn't choose Kessel, they only took the guys still left on board because of how much gap there was between the top 5 and the 6th.
In 2010, there was a clear 2 horses run for 1st overall with Hall and Seguin. Once again, Bruins didn't choose to pick Seguin, they took the guy still left on board.

Outside of that, the Bruins did an OUTSTANDING JOB at drafting between 2003 and 2006 and are still benefiting from that. (Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand, Lucic, Kessel all drafted in that time frame).

Since 2014, the Bruins have up the bar again. Bruins had a ton of reallly bad strech at drafting, but recently they did a really good job. Fans are mad because with 2015 there was an occasion to g0 from a really good job to an absolutly franchise changing job (like they did in the period between 2003 and 2006). Even with that big missed opportunity, the Bruins did a good job recently.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Does anyone know what NHL GM`s or scouts would consider a successful draft class? If say they pick in each round, what would be the magic number to call a draft a success? If they pick 7 kids, if 2 make it as an example?

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Does anyone know what NHL GM`s or scouts would consider a successful draft class? If say they pick in each round, what would be the magic number to call a draft a success? If they pick 7 kids, if 2 make it as an example?

That’s probably about right. If 2 make it from a draft class if you have a single pick in each round that’s good. Unless it’s like a 7th dman and a 4th line forward. If you can get one really good impact top tier player and suck the rest of the draft that’s good too. But to say names just to say them, if you took grzcelyk and heinen in the same year that’s I’d say a draft that you can call middle of the road. If you got Bergeron and no one else that’s a very good draft.

But that’s one pick each round. If you have 6 picks in the top 60 and like 10 overall picks I’d probably want 4 nhlers and 2 of them being of the impact variety. So for 2015 debrusk and carlo are the impact guys. Now they need 2 of lauzon, zboril, jfk, senyshyn Gabrielle, etc to at least be regular nhlers for me to consider it a success .

Reactions: Estlin

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I don't think Bruins developpement is bad, I even think it's pretty good. There's very few Bruins leftover who perform well with another organisation.

On the 20 years draft span from 1997 to 2017 you post. The red guy weren't draft by the Bruins, they were ufa signing.
The blue guy were "gifted" pick.
In 97 Thornton was clearly the number 1 pick. Bruins got lucky to be first the year of the best player drafted in the 90's. They were lucky, not good.
In 2006, there was a clear top 5 with Erik Jonhson, Phil Kessel, Nick Backstrom, Jonathan Toews and Jordan Staal. Bruins didn't choose Kessel, they only took the guys still left on board because of how much gap there was between the top 5 and the 6th.
In 2010, there was a clear 2 horses run for 1st overall with Hall and Seguin. Once again, Bruins didn't choose to pick Seguin, they took the guy still left on board.

Outside of that, the Bruins did an OUTSTANDING JOB at drafting between 2003 and 2006 and are still benefiting from that. (Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand, Lucic, Kessel all drafted in that time frame).

Since 2014, the Bruins have up the bar again. Bruins had a ton of reallly bad strech at drafting, but recently they did a really good job. Fans are mad because with 2015 there was an occasion to g0 from a really good job to an absolutly franchise changing job (like they did in the period between 2003 and 2006). Even with that big missed opportunity, the Bruins did a good job recently.

as you go through ANY OTHER TEAM {go ahead and pick one} we will find first round no brainer picks... gifted picks... possibly ufa signings...

we will also find a lot of times there was a no brainer pick and the team didnt take him lol {isnt that the complaint here everyone has?} I mean... whats wrong with taking a no brainer pick ??????

we will find that other teams had a much higher draft position on average... but boston outperformed them anyhow. sure we had a couple top 10 picks. trust me, we are way in the back half of the league for top 10 picks.

and still... we are the best

I know if someone wanted to nitpick here or there... they will try to nitpick here or there but I made the rules simple. these are all kids that nevre played their first game with another team. we found these 'non nhl players' by hook or crook and we graduated them into the nhl.

it was our amateur scouting together with our gm... that found these players and got them onto our team.

damn good job... no one has done it better

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What is the current rank between the Bruins goalies prospects?

between Keyser, Swayman and Vladar specifically

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
What is the story on Lauzon? I know he was injured, not sure how, but when will he be back. We may need him in the playoffs.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
What is the current rank between the Bruins goalies prospects?

between Keyser, Swayman and Vladar specifically
Can't rank them fairly as they play in 3 different leagues ,I like all 3, would like Vladar at 35 games played this season,looks like he'll be a few games short,not the end of the world

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Can't rank them fairly as they play in 3 different leagues ,I like all 3, would like Vladar at 35 games played this season,looks like he'll be a few games short,not the end of the world

What about Keyser record down at OHL

pretty impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad