Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I`ll be heading to the tilt tonight vs the Swiss then vs Slovakia on Friday, unfortunately, work hinders me from being a regular attendee of the tournament as I have been in the past as TC is playing official tournament games only in Vancouver so this will have to do. I do have tickets for a bunch of games being held here in Victoria so I`ll get to see tons of tourney, just not TC live

I`ll do my best to give my completely biased and clearly under-qualified opinions on all Bruin prospects:laugh:

Dom, are you in town?

Maybe for the final if it's Canada/USA.

Then I can whip over to the island and see some old friends as well.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
How's it looking there at the rink?
Sold out?

Just putting the game on TSN now, have fun and enjoy yourself.

Hey there, if it wasn`t sold out it was bloody close. Fun to be within the atmosphere of the World Juniors, I`ve been to a handful of them over the years and always have a blast. Looks as though the support is alive and well in Victoria and although Canada playing in Vancouver for the regular tournament, it was great seeing them last night.

Kind of a predictably sloppy effort from TC vs a much weaker opponent. Studnicka played well if unspectacular, Comtois (I think he`s a Ducks prospect?) was terrific, Studsy if I may did score a goal, didn`t do anything amazing but was steady and much quicker than I imagined. If I had an "issue" and this is really nitpicking here, he did miss one defensive assignment which led to a shot by the Swiss but other than that, very sound 200 ft game.

Didn`t like Dipietro in net, now, to be fair, he didn`t face many shots but his rebound control was....uncontrolled and it looked like he fell asleep a few times. TC D-men were ok. They will need to be far more focused once the puck officially drops.

Slovakia here tomorrow night, should be fun

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Getting excited for the WJC!

Studnicka on Canada
Did Keyser make the US team? Will he play over Primeau?
I assume Lauko is on the Czech's, what about Bukac?
Shen on Russia?

I don't think Andersson or Berglund made Team Sweden even though they are both playing in men's leagues at 19.

Did I miss anybody?

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Getting excited for the WJC!

Studnicka on Canada
Did Keyser make the US team? Will he play over Primeau?
I assume Lauko is on the Czech's, what about Bukac?
Shen on Russia?

I don't think Andersson or Berglund made Team Sweden even though they are both playing in men's leagues at 19.

Did I miss anybody?

- US called 3 goalies into Camp, Keyser being one so he made the team. Starting job is up for grabs.
- Lauko is definite. Bukac is at camp, not sure on his chances.
- Shen is assumed to be on final roster.
- Sweden's defense is really deep this year. They had a bunch of 1st round picks on defense in the last two years. I would expect Andersson to be in contention next year.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm hoping to watch several WJC games, mostly for Studnicka but I'm curious to see Lauko again too.

Reactions: Flannelman

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Really excited to have a Bruin on Team Canada. Marchand was the last relevant player the Bruins had.

Caron blew chunks....

Props to Dom for beating the Stidnicka drum for 2 years.
Jeremy Lauzen played well for them

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
I thought he was very good at development camp last summer.
How has he played with Niagara?
How often do you get to see him?

I’m curious because he must be signed by Boston by June 1st. So he doesn’t have much time to make an impression.

I forgot he existed until someone told me to watch them to see Lleyton Moore. I only watched 3 games but he moves really well and is just so smooth for a guy of his size. He is huge, tremendous wing span. I was told he actually grew about 10 inches in height from his 16 to 17 year old seasons or something insane like that. I really like the upside with him as a shut down guy in the new NHL.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Excited to see some VAAK!!!!!!!!!

So glad he's close to returning.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
WJC is a great place chance for Vaaks to get up to speed fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad