Bruins Prospects VI - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheg1349

Mar 8, 2006
Cape Cod, MA
So, did the Bruins draft him? It didn't seem clear to me if they did - although you did mention in initial post #NHLBruins. Where is he playing?
I will be attending the Oshawa - Peterborough game on Friday night.
Dom - is that game on your calendar?

Bruins selected McFaul in the 6th round of this past draft. Playing with Pickering of the OJHL but I believe he is college bound next year

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
So, did the Bruins draft him? It didn't seem clear to me if they did - although you did mention in initial post #NHLBruins. Where is he playing?
I will be attending the Oshawa - Peterborough game on Friday night.
Dom - is that game on your calendar?

I try and save Friday nights for OJHL.
I have some work to do with the Genies this week though, so who knows? I might be there.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Pavel Shen on the move?
Not listed on the Ufa Salavat Yulayev roster anymore

Guessing he has been reassigned within Russia. Has already played games in the lower level Russian (VHL) league as well as the Russian (MHL) junior league.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Swayman played 20 minutes for Maine last night against Prince Edward Island. Didn't see much action (faced 4 total shots), but still excited to see what he does this season.

Reactions: DrJustice

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Guessing he has been reassigned within Russia. Has already played games in the lower level Russian (VHL) league as well as the Russian (MHL) junior league.
Yeah. He was up with Salavat for a few games, but kept getting scratched. From the KHL's website it seems like he is currently playing with Tolpar UFA in the MHL.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
What is the MHL- the second division?

It's Russia's junior league - their equivalent to the CHL.

It began in 2009 and Alexandre Khokhlachev was suppose to be the face of the league for a couple of years. They used his likeness all over Russia to promote the league. His face appeared all over the country. In his first season, he played in 51 games (15 goals, 25 assists).

But then he decided the CHL was a better option.

Reactions: Dr Hook

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
When is Jessie Gabriel due back?

I believe he's been cloning himself after Brad Marchand. If true can wait to see him.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
It's Russia's junior league - their equivalent to the CHL.

It began in 2009 and Alexandre Khokhlachev was suppose to be the face of the league for a couple of years. They used his likeness all over Russia to promote the league. His face appeared all over the country. In his first season, he played in 51 games (15 goals, 25 assists).

But then he decided the CHL was a better option.

In 12 games Koko has 7 goals and 5 assists.

Dom's post just reinforces my opinion of Khokhlachev's character and is just another reason I hope he is never a Bruin.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Dom's post just reinforces my opinion of Khokhlachev's character and is just another reason I hope he is never a Bruin.

Not sure Dom's post says anything at all other than the kid wanted to play in a better league to improve. Nobody here know's Koko better than the existing coach who got the most out of him.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Not sure Dom's post says anything at all other than the kid wanted to play in a better league to improve. Nobody here know's Koko better than the existing coach who got the most out of him.

I may be in the minority, and I am plenty of times, but I think things would have worked out better for Koko had he spent two years in the MHL and then gone to the KHL before the NHL rather then the MHL>CHL>KHL>CHL>AHL>KHL route.

gvkmedia

20th Captain in franchise history.
Mar 2, 2002
Oshawa.
www.hollandbloorview.ca
I’m not a scout but what I saw was that the Peterborough Petes certainly targeted Jack Studnicka. Keyser played okay. The generals lost 2-1.

A year in junior is exactly what both our prospects need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad