Bruins Prospects VI - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Haven’t been watching much of this preseason. Noticed Senyshyn was sent down to Providence. How did he look at camp? I’d he far off? Any chance he’s called up this season?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Haven’t been watching much of this preseason. Noticed Senyshyn was sent down to Providence. How did he look at camp? I’d he far off? Any chance he’s called up this season?

he was better than last year. i'd say "good" is a fair way of describing his camp. i still
think he's at least 1 year away - he needs a full season in providence playing top 6 minutes
in offensive role. a callup this season? definitely possible if he's progressing well in the
AHL - it's always good to reward a prospect with a carrot when they deserve it. but full-time
NHL? not til 2019-20 at least, IMO.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
I was hoping to see more from JFK during the pre-season, but he just wasn't noticeable enough. He only got in 58 games for Providence last year, so it's not surprising he needs some time.

Frederick was better but still seems a little too green for a 3rd or even 4th line position in Boston, IMHO.

Reactions: DKH

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I'll admit I'm a fan of Seny and think he gets to much unnecessary flak from folks. With that, he wasn't bad, but he didn't stand out either. For me the one thing I didn't see (and sometimes I was watching on a phone with less than good visual quality) was aggressiveness. He threw his body a bit and dropped the gloves, but at time it felt like he was going through the motions. Maybe someone saw it differently, but he certainly didn't show anything in camp to even make you think he could be an in-season call up.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I was hoping to see more from JFK during the pre-season, but he just wasn't noticeable enough. He only got in 58 games for Providence last year, so it's not surprising he needs some time.

Frederick was better but still seems a little too green for a 3rd or even 4th line position in Boston, IMHO.

I have no horse in the race between the two as I like them both equally.

On JFK - his style of play isn't flashy, he's about the little details in the game. I think most nice he'll go "unnoticed" unless he makes the score sheet. I saw a lot of solid plays in the DET game, but for most fans it goes unnoticed because its things like position or play without the puck.

On Frederic - I love his defensive instinct (especially on the PK). If I had to pick him or JFK to get first crack on the #3C spot, I think I'd give it to him because he's bigger and seems to be able to better handle the beating and banging. I think JFK is probably slightly better in positioning and his hockey IQ is slightly more advanced at this stage, but I really think Frederic could be a quality #2C in the NHL.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Marchand & Sobotka the most dominant line I ever saw in 25 years of AHL hockey - there just weren’t Defenseman that could handle their quickness. Of course they were a bit over the line at times.
Good times.

AM Bruin

The Early Worm
Feb 20, 2015
Out on a limb.
Any word on what's happened to Jesse Gabrielle? Is he still recovering from the injury that ended his season last year? I had high expectations for him coming into training camp this year

Last edited:

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Hughes is the prospect making the biggest rise this preseason in the NHL and now AHL. Is he playing C or W in the AHL?

Vaakanainen is making the second biggest improvement (was already a top 5 prospect) towards the NHL and with the Krug/Grzelcyk injuries, it looks like he will be in the opening lineup.

Reactions: TCB

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What is going on with Oskar Steen? He is still unsigned correct? What is his current contract situation like and when can he escape it to join Providence?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Senyshyn off to a good start in the AHL preseason with the GWG

Nice goal!

would like to see Senyshyn work on his initial burst/acceleration to better prepare for the next level. He can gain good separation once in motion, but the initial burst is below average

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
What is going on with Oskar Steen? He is still unsigned correct? What is his current contract situation like and when can he escape it to join Providence?

I read somewhere the Bruins wanted him to come to camp but couldn't get a release from his current Swedish club Farjestad BK to attend camp (Their season has already started, he's played 4 games already).

He's still un-signed by the Bruins. I would assume once his contract is finished in the SHL, he'll be signed to a Bruins contract. Assuming the Bruins are even interested in signing him at that point.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I read somewhere the Bruins wanted him to come to camp but couldn't get a release from his current Swedish club Farjestad BK to attend camp (Their season has already started, he's played 4 games already).

He's still un-signed by the Bruins. I would assume once his contract is finished in the SHL, he'll be signed to a Bruins contract. Assuming the Bruins are even interested in signing him at that point.

Any idea when his current contract is done? Or escape clause?

Would like to see how the poor man Swedish Marchand does here.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Any idea when his current contract is done? Or escape clause?

Would like to see how the poor man Swedish Marchand does here.

Yeah I have no idea when his contract in the SHL ends. This is his 3rd season since his draft, so you'd think if he's going to come over and try it in NA it would be next year or the year after at the very least.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
I feel especially hopeful about these prospects: Studnicka, Frederic, Vaakanainen, Lauko, Andersson. Haven't given up on Zboril or Lauzon. The others, not so much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad